This thread is dedicated thread for davidc502 builds. Please ask questions related to the builds here. However, keep in mind, if your question is not answered to your satisfaction in this thread, feel free to post your question in the "Installing and Using Lead" forum as there is usually a much larger audience of experts who can help.
Current images built and distributed.
WRT1200ac Version 1 and 2
WRT1900ac Version 1 and 2
WRT1900acs Version 1 and 2
WRT3200acm Version 1
WRT32X Version 1
I feel the focus of these builds are for beginners to intermediate users as they provide some of the more popular applications found without being too bogged down. If you have an idea of an improvement, let me know as your thoughts are always welcome.
If you have a question, but don't want to post it in this thread, send me a private message, and I'll respond as soon as I can.
there is active development with the v2 and the latest binary is 2.0.15. i have 2.0.14 installed on an extra router that i'm using as a travel vpn router and it's stable and working great. i will update to 2.0.15 or later when i'm not as busy.
Version 1 is much faster, load balanced and secure.
When deploying something like that for everyone... keep in mind, not everyone uses it, it takes a lot of thought and processes to get it right.. And what I mean by getting it right is not screwing people up... Some people might still prefer Version 1 for example. No thank you.. I don't want the headaches that will be associated with a customization like that. The few people who want it can take 5 minutes, when they upgrade, to get it working again. Since Version 1 isn't viable anymore, at some point it will be pushed to trunk after being thoroughly tested across all the different platforms. Well, I can only hope it is thoroughly tested
Dear WrtBoy ... looks like you're an expert on dnscrypt-proxy ... i've been using it for ever, but now with the upgrade to v2 as per DavidC502's recommendation, I'm not sure I'm resolving correctly... look at this;:
traceroute to 188.8.131.52 (184.108.40.206), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
1 reverso.190.215.14.operaciones.gtdinternet.com (220.127.116.11) 5.065 ms 5.183 ms 5.626 ms
2 192.168.50.13 (192.168.50.13) 6.087 ms 5.367 ms 5.662 ms
3 192.168.50.12 (192.168.50.12) 6.804 ms 5.230 ms 5.908 ms
4 cn2.ae5.200.agre2MQ.gtdinternet.com (18.104.22.168) 5.632 ms 6.444 ms 5.576 ms
5 cn1.ae2.20.arbor.gtdinternet.com (22.214.171.124) 29.087 ms 3.313 ms 5.803 ms
6 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 5.784 ms 5.443 ms 5.799 ms
7 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com (184.108.40.206) 5.903 ms 5.196 ms 5.654 ms
Also weird... nothing in the world can resolve in 5 miliseconds if going outside of my country ( chile ) , unless 220.127.116.11 has a DNSServer co-located with my ISP ( which may be the case, I just don't know )
But... when i go look at the logs of dnscrypt, it is logging the blacklisted domains, and it is actually blocking the requests ... this is the app log:
[2018-06-20 19:21:44] [NOTICE] Source [public-resolvers.md] loaded
[2018-06-20 19:21:44] [NOTICE] dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.14
[2018-06-20 19:21:44] [NOTICE] Loading the set of blocking rules from [/mnt/sdb1/dnslogs/dnscrypt-blacklist-domains.txt]
[2018-06-20 19:21:45] [NOTICE] Now listening to 127.0.0.1:5353 [UDP]
[2018-06-20 19:21:45] [NOTICE] Now listening to 127.0.0.1:5353 [TCP]
[2018-06-20 19:21:45] [NOTICE] [cloudflare] OK (DoH) - rtt: 4ms
[2018-06-20 19:21:45] [NOTICE] Server with the lowest initial latency: cloudflare (rtt: 4ms)
[2018-06-20 19:21:45] [NOTICE] dnscrypt-proxy is ready - live servers: 1
So basically it looks like it's working ... but the "dnscrypt-proxy -resolve google.com" results confused me...
I was messing around earlier, trying to get pub/private ssh keys to work (a whole other world of pain) in the course of my fiddling I switched off "Password Authentication" and "Allow Root Logins with Password."
I now cannot get back in via ssh through Putty / Smartty as they both give me connection refused errors.
I have tried numerous entries/deleting the dropbear instance and recreating it, to no avail. The settings pictured worked fine until I changed it, and are now the same as pictured.... everything is fine except ssh....