How to flash X5000R router to the 1st firmware- 6118
You have to use X5000R firmware recovery mode.
In order to get into recovery mode, follow the steps below:
1st Requirement: 6118 firmware downloaded from totolink.net website.
2nd Requirement: 1 pc LAN cable
3rd Requirement: Windows based PC/ Laptop
1) Assign a static IP for your laptop or PC
IP = 192.168.1.111 (example only, it can be any 192.168.1.x)
Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 192.168.1.1
2) Connect a LAN cable from your PC to the X5000R router network port
(any one of the 4 LAN ports)
3) Unplug the power from the router
4) Press and hold the RESET button (don't release yet)
5) Now plug in the power into the back of the router,
while you ARE still pressing the reset button.
6) You will see all the network ports' LED will light up,
then the next second, you see the BLUE status LED will blink once.
Now it is the time to release the RESET button.
7) Fire up your windows command prompt, and type the following:
8) ping -t 192.168.1.1
9) Can you see and reply, if no reply, then you repeat steps: 3 again
10) If you see replies, then good news X5000R router is in firmware
recovery mode. Now fire your favourite web browser and type:
192.168.1.1 to enter firmware recovery mode. DON'T CLOSE THE Windows
Command Prompt Windows yet. Let it on your Windows Desktop.
11) You will be greeted with a Firmware Recovery / Firmware Update web page.
Press Choose File, select the downloaded 6118 firmware from your PC location.
Press Update firmware.
You will see the web page change:
Update in Progress
12) Watch the ping reply, once you see Request time out message.
This indicate that firmware has already finished updated.
13) Wait for all the network ports LED lights to switch off, and
leave with 1 remainding LED light still on.(the port where you connected
the LAN cable with)
14) Wait for the status LED Blue light to blink slowly. This means the router
system status is ready.
15) Once the conditions of steps 13) & 14 are met, you have completed
the process of recovering to the 1st firmware- 6118.