OpenWrt for Linksys EA9500 v1.0/v1.1
First time Installation
Linksys secure-signs the firmware for this router, hence it is not possible to install using Factory UI.
So, this router requires a serial cable connected to the router. On boot, interrupt the boot by Ctrl+C and enter CFE prompt. Make sure tftp server is running. Download tftpd sever from here. Detailed instructions here. Disassembly instructions here
From CFE prompt execute following. Where 192.168.1.10 is where your tftp server is running.
flash -noheader 192.168.1.10:/openwrt.trx nflash0.trx
Also you may want to reset partial boots and boot partition using
nvram set bootpartition=0 && nvram set partialboots=0 && nvram commit
NOTE: This router has two copies of firmware. The router switches between one or the other after three consecutive partial boots. You can force a partial boot by turning off router 10 seconds after booting.
Once you have installed Lede on one partition, leave the second partition on Factory firmware. this way you can dual boot into Lede or Factory.
After the first installation, all further OpenWrt firmware updates can be done from UI
- 2018-11-27 Kernel v4.14.82
- 2018-08-10 Kernel v4.14.61, Removed dnscrypt. Newer UI
- 2018-05-03 Kernel v4.14.37. Please follow instructions
- 2018-03-21 Updated wifi chip firmware. Kernel v4.14.27. Report all issues
- 2018-02-19 Kernel v4.14.20, USB3 working, EU region code added. Clean install recommended.
- 2017-12-22 Kernel v4.9.70, Christmas Build
- 2017-10-17 Patched for KRACK Attacks. DSA build. Kernel updated to 4.9.54
- 2017-08-29 Built using mainline DSA driver. USB3 is currently disabled. Kernel updated to 4.9.44
- 2017-07-11 Updated to Kernel 4.9.34
- 2017-06-23 Added several packages. Kernel Still 4.9.20
- 2017-04-10 Kernel 4.9.20
- 2017-03-07 Added wireless region code fix. Added samba and adblock packages.
- 2017-03-01 Corrected ram configuration in dst. 128MB to 256MB
- 2017-02-26 First Build
Package list based on