The OpenWrt Firmware Selector

The search is rather simple and does not work on multiple keywords but tries to match the whole title.
The full title of the device is "NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S R7800". So "Netgear R7800" does not match.

A agree that a more sophisticated search would be nice improvement. But so far it has been good enough.

I typed "WRT1900" and got the correct firmware(s) listed for the WRT1900, WRT1900ACS(v1) and WRT1900ACS(v2). Looks good.

Hope that Im at right thread :slight_smile: I cant search for upgrade, nor download it, finally no progress, still searching for update.
I opened browser console and see, some problems with json data.

Hi, I'm working on a new version and let you know once it's in place.

2 Likes

Any chance of getting Linksys EA9500 build in this tool? @ncomplete has a great firmware for that device. It's just apparently not in the main distro page. Not sure why. Thanks!

@sj0s Please provide links when referring to other topics. Only official images are supported as the official ImageBuilders are used. Please feel free to motivate @ncomplete to send the patches upstream and become part of the official distribution.

1 Like

SNAPSHOT & 21.02-SNAPSHOT does work for Generic x86*
'x86' not found for the other options.

(edit) Versions -without Luci?- can be downloaded the normal way @:
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.7/targets/x86/generic/

DG.

great tool put finally into openwrt mainline but has lack of option to add extra packages such as ddns, which will end up lost contact 1300km router away

The x86 target does not produce JSON data for older releases - this has been fixed for snapshot and will probably not be backported.

The feature is there, but not activated, as it needs a build server in the background.
But you can see it in action at https://chef.libremesh.org.

When will they include Openwrt 21.02 Snapshot in chef.libremesh.org?

Good points, I'll look into this right now.

1 Like

thank you so much,and thanks for the good work

what is this error?

an 'unsupported version' also occurs for 19.07.7 on chef.libremesh.org:

Hello.
This new tool is very convinient, good idea and thank you for it.
I have a few easy suggestions concerning the language selection:

• the language selector at top-right looks like a button, not like a select, its confusing.
  • the display language switches the user local language, not the default english. Can it use the language selected in the homepage instead ? A single select menu where the user selects its language for the whole site.

Thank you.

Thanks for reporting, had to restart the server. Please try again.

1 Like

Via the restart 19.07.7 should now work again. If possible, please use 21.02-SNAPSHOT and report errors.

Thanks for the fix it works perfectly now

1 Like

I find it slightly misleading to describe the initramfs-type image "Linux kernel as a separate image.". It's more than just the kernel, it's the kernel plus initrd in a bootable format.
Hence it is better described as "Linux kernel with initramfs, useful for recovery." or something like that.