Support for TP-Link Archer C64 AC1200?

https://www.tp-link.com/baltic/press/news/19530/

Archer C64 is currently not supported.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

Is it likely that support for the Archer C64 will be supported in the future? It's a significant speed boost over the C60 and the C6, but I can't easily find details of the SoC, flash size or RAM.

Didn't you just answer your own question? Knowing what's inside would be the first step for determining the chances of this device getting supported.

But assuming 2AXJ4C64 would be correct, we'd talk about:

• Mediatek MT77622N
  • Mediatek MT7761N
  • Mediatek TP1900BN (MT7626BN, 1*1.2 GHz cortex A7)
  • Realtek RTL8367S
  • probably 4 MB flash (based on the OEM firmware upgrades)
  • an unknown amount of RAM

which doesn't look good, first of all because there are no supported TP1900BN devices in OpenWrt so far and the flash size would be affected by https://openwrt.org/supported_devices/432_warning.

1 Like

8367, but I assume it was just a typo :wink:

correct, I'll fix it above.

1 Like

I'm far from an expert - I thought someone else might know of a place to look this sort of information up.

This would surprise me, as TP-Link have used 8/64 or 8/128 in earlier generation devices in the Archer family. On the other hand they'll save money where they can, so perhaps?

fcc.id is usually a good place to start, but not everything's shown there, it's not their focus.
that's where the 2AXJ4C64 comes from.

Hi, I've brought c64 about a month ago. I have tried binwalking the firmware, but I don't think it conforms to any known fs'es to binwalk. But, the files do not seem to be encrypted either. After some lzma decompressions, most of the js code comes out in separate blobs. The firmware also contains some SSL and RSA keys which can be retrieved, but I don't know how to use them correctly either. The router rejects all ssh login attempts and I cannot tell if the passed command is actually executed or not. This is my first try at something like this. Help from anybody with more experience would greatly be appreciated.

2 Likes