Support for TL-WR840N Ver 6.0

How to install on router? I am new to Linux.

@vishal110094 Please open a new topic for your questions.

I have also image for version 6.2. Do not install openwrt on mediatek 7628 yet.
Yes it is working but still have some problems like you staying connected without internet
and you need do disconnect/connect again. This can happen 4-5 times per day. It is better to wait for better driver/support from nbd.

Thanks for this, im returning my v6.2 then

1 Like

Hi, on Hardware version: TL-WR840N v6 00000006 and Firmware version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 180614 Rel.40494n I try to flash from the routers firmware upgrade menu your version "openwrt-ramips-mt76x8-tl-wr840n-v6-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" and it gives the following error:
"Error code: 4503
The uploaded file was not accepted by the device."
What could be the problem ? I understand that flashing sysupgrade works for you.

You image is build for RU I guess and my router is EU model.

1 Like

Have you tried flashing via TFTP?

Use TFTP for flashing instead of WebGUI (TFTP flashing does not check regional code)

Through tftp it works but I need to upgrade through web interface.
I've build an image according to sanitariu instructions and it still doesn't work uploading the firmware through web interface (I renamed the file to have a small file name).

Why that? What is forcing you to use the web interface for flashing?
I'm just trying to understand...

We have a project to install openwrt firmware on many routers where the physical access is difficult and it's easier through the web interface as we have remote access to them.

hi solalex does this work for version 6.20

There should be much better now - nbd has finally fixed today issue with 802.11n inside mt7603 driver.

If anyone already has a stable version of OpenWRT for TP-Link TL-WR840N V6, please post on the official website https://openwrt.org/toh/start. It would be ideal to see OpenWRT version 18.06.2.

@sanitariu mate i will be highly oblized if you could provide me a sysupgrade img without TFTP for WR840N(EU) v6.2 (updatable with tp link admin page) .
Use of router is only for internet surfing and i use ethernet as my internet wire with PPPoE.
i would have done it myself but i dont have enough knowledge with linux commands.
thanks alot in advance

Is there a stable version with correctly working Wi-Fi and LED indicators ?! Thanks.

Anyone has problems like this ?:
make[3]: *** No rule to make target '/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ram ips_mt76x8/tl-wr840n-v6-kernel.bin', needed by 'imgbuilderWRT/openwrt-imagebuilder-18.06.4-ramips-mt76x8.Linux-x86_64/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ramips_mt76x8/tmp/openwrt-18.06.4-ramips-mt76x8-tl-wr840n-v6-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin'. Stop

or share working imagebuilder

Hi all. I have faced with a problem when i used iptables -t mangle... TTL --ttl-inc 1 command. The output was like there is no such a command like ttl. How to fix ttl in another way or how to make iptables work with ttl. I have read somewhere,that i have to install iptables-mod-ipopt and another one packet,but because this is the unofficial firmware i doubt that it might not get installed.

Hi,
I ported the necessary changes for current git version https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy3ayj0rk462v1x/tp-link-wr840nv6.patch?dl=0

1 Like

I used these patches for custom build. The image built I can flash to 849n-v6 (Brazil) in TFTP only; sysupgrade does not work . Any idea ?

does anyone have a backup file for ROM wr840n v6?