Support for TL-WR840N Ver 6.0

will you please help me compiling. almost complete it but at the end it says " no rule to make target ....840nv6-kernel.bin needed by the sysupgrade 840nv6.bin".
what should i do? TIA

Good day, could you still publish your result? Thanks

@arsenikum87 sorry for late reply all are working good.

Hello sir,
may you Please provide working stable image for Wr840n v6 again as given link is not working . Need to flash via default TP link sysupgrade.

grab the firmware for 840v6 here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12RJ3qVjl5FiYllTClCgRQfOSH_6c-S3f

2 Likes

Thank you Boss, it worked.
I need one more help after flashing this i m not able to connect internet as i have to configure proxy to connect to internet. Proxy server: 192.168.56.XX , Port:3128 and also have to fill username and password. Is there any solution to this within router so that there is no need to feed proxy in other devices connected to the router.

If there was a transparent proxy without authorization, it would be possible to configure standard iptables So there is authorization by login and password, you need to install additional modules, for example polipo

How to install on router? I am new to Linux.

@vishal110094 Please open a new topic for your questions.

I have also image for version 6.2. Do not install openwrt on mediatek 7628 yet.
Yes it is working but still have some problems like you staying connected without internet
and you need do disconnect/connect again. This can happen 4-5 times per day. It is better to wait for better driver/support from nbd.

Thanks for this, im returning my v6.2 then

1 Like

Hi, on Hardware version: TL-WR840N v6 00000006 and Firmware version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 180614 Rel.40494n I try to flash from the routers firmware upgrade menu your version "openwrt-ramips-mt76x8-tl-wr840n-v6-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" and it gives the following error:
"Error code: 4503
The uploaded file was not accepted by the device."
What could be the problem ? I understand that flashing sysupgrade works for you.

You image is build for RU I guess and my router is EU model.

1 Like

Have you tried flashing via TFTP?

Use TFTP for flashing instead of WebGUI (TFTP flashing does not check regional code)

Through tftp it works but I need to upgrade through web interface.
I've build an image according to sanitariu instructions and it still doesn't work uploading the firmware through web interface (I renamed the file to have a small file name).

Why that? What is forcing you to use the web interface for flashing?
I'm just trying to understand...

We have a project to install openwrt firmware on many routers where the physical access is difficult and it's easier through the web interface as we have remote access to them.

hi solalex does this work for version 6.20

There should be much better now - nbd has finally fixed today issue with 802.11n inside mt7603 driver.

If anyone already has a stable version of OpenWRT for TP-Link TL-WR840N V6, please post on the official website https://openwrt.org/toh/start. It would be ideal to see OpenWRT version 18.06.2.