Raspberry PI4 with build wulfy23, config internet key and vpn

did you set the country code?

did you set 40 or 20 Mhz?

1 Like

I have set the international prefix IT from the OpenWRT fw. I have tried both 20MHz and 40MHz with no success

needs to be done seperately... ( afaik )

I'm downloading the raspberry operating system ... I just have to figure out what to do when I'm inside the system. Couldn't this variation be made from the raspberry bios?

maybe I found the solution

1 Like

afaik... it's stored somewhere, where exactly I don't know... probably in brcmOTP... these are not exposed/part of the pi4 'bios'/bootstrap-fw...

relevent line from link above;

On the Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Raspberry Pi 4B, you will also need to set the country code, so that the 5GHz networking can choose the correct frequency bands. 
You can do this using the raspi-config application: select the 'Localisation Options' menu, then 'Change Wi-Fi Country'.
2 Likes

I don't know if that is still the case but it used to be necessary to run Raspian (now Raspberry PI OS) once to load the wifi chip with your country code. Set the same country code in OpenWrt.

AP and client at the same time does not work on the Raspberry built in wifi. Remove any client interfaces and run only an AP.

1 Like

I did exactly what was written in that guide but, by setting the country code I did not solve the problem, access point still does not work
this is what I read in the openwrt log

Sun Dec 13 18:15:53 2020 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (6743): command failed: No error information (-524)
Sun Dec 13 18:15:53 2020 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (6743): command failed: I/O error (-5)
Sun Dec 13 18:15:53 2020 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (6743): sh: out of range
uci show wireless | grep -v 'key='

might be time to buy a proper auxiliary access point... how many clients do you have? at what range?

I also removed the password ... I'm practically attached to the device. is not fully detected.

root@rpi-dca632a916 /29# uci show wireless | grep -v 'key='
wireless.radio0=wifi-device
wireless.radio0.type='mac80211'
wireless.radio0.path='platform/soc/fe300000.mmcnr/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1'
wireless.radio0.noscan='1'
wireless.radio0.legacy_rates='0'
wireless.radio0.channel='auto'
wireless.radio0.country='IT'
wireless.radio0.txpower='20'
wireless.radio0.hwmode='11g'
wireless.wifinet0=wifi-iface
wireless.wifinet0.device='radio0'
wireless.wifinet0.mode='ap'
wireless.wifinet0.ssid='OpenWrt'
wireless.wifinet0.encryption='none'
wireless.wifinet0.network='lan'

remove tx-power... it's an advanced setting and of no use when you are troubleshooting basic functionality...

change mode 11g to "option hwmode '11a'" ( or AC i think in the gui )...

also...

just do 20 for now... no fancy stuff ok?

( probably remove no-scan too after you test with the above )

11g setting has known issues... see other threads for workarounds ( although 'b' was getting removed from master?... so i'm not sure if it will still work... but setting to b and allow legacy rates used to work for 2.4GHz )

the tx-power in the ac GUI cannot be removed, you can choose whether to set it to 20, 40 or 80MHz. I in the GUI set it to 20MHz. I can't find "No scan"
still not detected

MHz = width
tx-power = driverdefault

still have not implemented the provided instructions...

as you have not followed the given advice... there is no way to properly know this...

yes... that is correct...

as I explained there is only way to choose between 20, 40 and 80mhz, I tried to save the settings and in all three cases it is not detected, always set with default driver.

I can't explain why with OpenMPTCProuter I was able to get the wifi going, doesn't it always use Openwrt?

did you reboot?

more or less a million times :smile:

well... best to buy and use a stand alone access point as advised in the README for my build...

if your vpn issue is resolved

please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

1 Like

so there is no way to make the raspberry access point work?
I leave the conversation open so this afternoon I buy a wifi key and do other tests ..

same problem here my rpi4 ver is 1.2

1 Like