Porting Firmware to TP-Link Archer C20 v5

I can flash v4 openwrt, then flash the stripped stock image. Problem is, OLD gui and features are missing since the v4 didn't have them. Not sure what to do.

Openwrt 19.07.4 for TP-Link Archer C20 v5: https://github.com/Linaro1985/openwrt/releases/tag/200918

1 Like

Thank You :kissing_heart: :pray: :pray:

Good night, I did the procedure of Linaro1985
Openwrt 19.07.4 for TP-Link Archer C20 v5: https://github.com/Linaro1985/openwrt/releases/tag/200918 93
by TFTP first, then I upgraded as David.S.Mckellen taught, and I have a doubt, without installing anything, the space on the router is 3MB, I can't install anything, how do I expand this? Because as far as I know it's 64MB of space right?

Around 3+3 MB (rootfs+overlay, plus 'invisible' ~1.5 MB for the kernel image itself) is reasonable for a device with 8 MB flash, you can't extend that (no USB, no extroot either); 64 MB would be the RAM size.

1 Like

Can somebody compile new version image (19.07.5) for Archer C20 V5?!!! Appreciate that

So I have this Archer C20 V5 W version and I managed to install OpenWRT 19.07.4 for the Archer C20 V4. For now it's running ok but... do anyone has the default firmware for the "C20 V5 W" just in case?

I could't find it anywhere and flashing any version of the normal C20 just doesn't work on the router.

1 Like

Hi all!

Is there already a stable version for the v5 EU-Version?

According to the OpenWrt-Site, there is just a snapshot version (don´t know which version it is and if it works on the EU-Version of the Router):

Or should I take Linaro´s 19.07.4 Version? Does it work on EU-Version?

Thanks!

I tested V5 (US) recovery file, but with no sucess, the wifi/internet doesn't works and default gateaway(192.168.0.1) neither. I just checked the ipconfig and it show the openwrt gateaway.
Tested V5(EU), no sucess.
Nothing works, my router is locked with Openwrt firmware, I don't know what happened, because I just followed all steps with no exception via tftp. The only one file that makes my router boot is that one you sent.

Hi there
Which firmware did you use for?!!
I think you made a mistake and downloaded Openwrt instead
I'll upload and send you stripped firmware for Archer C20 V5 US
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vj4tp4fj9o1ajbg/AACIZZDICGRO_R-LABjPdqZTa?dl=0

There are two bin files,first upload tp_recovery.bin via web and flash it ,when you done then update your router with (Archer_C20v5_US_0.9.1_4.17_up_boot[200915-rel56357])

It's for US version

1 Like

Hi, I downloaded the tp_recovery you sent before. With openwrt firmware my router works with no issues, but when I try to revert this, doesn't works properly.
I tried to send bother stock firmware files through tftp, but the router don't accept, but I like to using openwrt firmware, since been is working and fixed all my issues with old stock version.

I gonna check it soon. I guess your method will work.

Yeah, indeed and as you see those screen shots
If you see something like photo NUM 2 on your router when you upload that firmware then continue the process, otherwise do not update your router with this firmware

1 Like

Tried to follow the steps you said before, but failed. I even tried to force install, but my router get a loop.
I just back up with openwrt firmware via tftp and it's working normally just like before. Well, I quit trying to recover the stock firmware, I gonna use Openwrt instead. Thanks for give a hand!
One more question, take how many minutes to recover with stock firmware through your method? Ty

Maybe because of US version
It took about 2 minutes to go back to original firmware

Openwrt 19.07.6 for TP-Link Archer C20 v5:
https://github.com/Linaro1985/openwrt/releases/tag/220121

I just downloaded the zip file for the C20 V5, and tried to flash the router. It seems to upload fine, l as the counter increments up. Then it says there was an error and the file was not accepted by the router.

Here's what I see on the page where I try to upload the firmware:

Firmware File Path:

Firmware version:
0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 181213 Rel.33336n(5553)

Hardware version:
Archer C20 v5 00000005

But when I run the flash I get this:
Error code: 4503

The uploaded file was not accepted by the device.

Not sure how I can do the TFTP version as I don't have a serial cable, and the router doesn't even appear to have a serial connection, unless it's inside the case and not exposed. Please help.

You want flash it from TP Original Firmware or OpenWRT ?!!!

Yea, I did want to, and I managed to do it. What's wrong with that? TP Original firmware didn't suppose SNAT/DNAT like I need. OpenWRT does.

Try tp_recovery.bin via TFTP