OpenWrt Firmware for Archer c6 v3.2

I don't know if you can directly upgrade form stock using A6 firmware.

Is it any better than the Snapshot build of C6?

Plz suggest me a working snapshot version, i am afraid of bricking my device because yesterday due to some error in snapshot so many device got bricked.i dont have a UART cable to recover the device if something happens so i need a 100% working snapshot...if anyone using snapshot plz forward the link.

You can try a build I did below.

It is a basic snapshot build but including LuCI by default, version r18324-794e8123ce, from December 13th, 2021.

This version was the last snapshot with Kernel 5.4 (5.4.162). Right after this rampis (Mediatek) builds switched to kernel 5.10 and later kernel 5.4 was removed from the builds. HW flow offload never worked well with kernel 5.10 in my experience.

The only change I did in this build was to include a recent an updated mt76 wifi driver (January 31st version).

In my experience this build is rock solid, and the updated WiFi driver is much better than the one included in the 21.02.1 stable builds.

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AorfKe3ImcTd5ZxQya77gZZ_qb3hNA?e=o08Dja

3 Likes

Bricked my device by flashing the bad February snapshot, anyone got a guide on how to fix it? I have a UART adapter but the board doesn't have any indication about the pinout

Some details in the topic below:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip, btw, in pinout you mentioned, the tx and rx pins are flipped, which caused me a lot of trouble lol

Well, they are not really flipped. Usually the pins are labeled from the device perspective. So you should connect the TXD (transmit data) pin of the adapter to the RXD (receive data) on the router, and vice-versa.

Se below for more details:

https://www.circuitbasics.com/how-to-set-up-uart-communication-for-arduino/

2 Likes

Thanks for the build.Which file should i install on my router running on stock firmware.this zip contain a number of files. Should i install only factory.bin file .i am new to openwrt, sorry for asking this type of newbie questions .

Yea I know that, that's why I am saying they are flipped. I had to connect my RXD wire to your pinout's RXD and TXD to your pinout's TXD

Yes, if you are running the stock firmware you should install the file "openwrt-ramips-mt7621-tplink_archer-c6-v3-squashfs-factory.bin".

1 Like

Hum... I will double check, but I am almost sure that my UART adapter is connected TX-RX and RX-TX and it works.

Successful flashed openwrt, everything went smooth.100% improvement over tplink stock firmware.no more ping spikes.

2 Likes

Do i need to install mt76 updated wifi driver.if yes, can you tell me how to update to jan 31 driver.thanks

If you are using my build it already includes the updated mt76 driver from January 31st 2022.

1 Like

When i check updates tab under software, some wifi driver updates is showing.

Updates should not be used with snapshot builds. This feature is only reliable with stable builds because the updates are guaranteed to be compatible with the kernel version and other dependencies in the stable builds.

With that said, if there is an update for the Wi-Fi drivers you may give a try. The worse things that will happen is that you may need to reinstall OpenWRT, so it’s strongly recommended to backup your configuration to restore it in case you need to reinstall.

3 Likes

Ok .one more question can i add extra features like sqm in snapshot version.will it cause any problems if i add any extra features?

Yes you can add sqm freely.

2 Likes

While trying to install luci-app-sqm it is showing kernel version incompatible.any solution?