OpenWrt Firmware for Archer c6 v3.2

You can use the stable for A6v3, they are the same hardware.

BTW, the "bricking" problem with snapshot builds have been resolved. New builds from Feb 2nd and on should not brick the devices anymore.

However new builds are including the new firewall4. I am having various issues with firewall4...

1 Like

Thanks for the update...have u tried latest snapshot? Is snapshot version stable than the stock version.i have ping spikes on 2.4 ghz wifi, will installing the snapshot able to solve the problem.

No i haven't updated to latest snapshot as my router is working perfectly with the June 2021 snapshot. No need to take chances.. No ping spikes no signal issues....

Can anyone provide me a non bricking snapshot with firewall3 link.i dont have much technical knowledge to unbrick the router if something went wrong, so i prefer some snapshot version that is tested and working

I have an Archer C20 v5 connected as dumb AP to the c6. Both have OpenWRT installed. The issue I am facing is that the C20 disconnects from the C6 randomly at least once a day. The Internet light starts to blink and I have to reconnect the LAN cable to fix it. I also had this issue when the C20 had stock firmware. On the other hand, C20 worked perfectly fine as an AP with my ISP router. So, there could be some issue with the C6 snapshot? Please help.

Instead move to A6v3 stable.. it's the same hardware.

Can i flash a6v3 firmware directly on to c6v3.2 .did u try flashing a6 firmware on c6.

Yes it works fine.

Do i need to change anything in the a6v3 firmware

No. Just force flash it.

Can you post the link to download the firmware

For Sysupgrade-
https://downloads.cdn.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.1/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-21.02.1-ramips-mt7621-tplink_archer-a6-v3-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Bro i am on stock firmware.will above link works

I don't know if you can directly upgrade form stock using A6 firmware.

Is it any better than the Snapshot build of C6?

Plz suggest me a working snapshot version, i am afraid of bricking my device because yesterday due to some error in snapshot so many device got bricked.i dont have a UART cable to recover the device if something happens so i need a 100% working snapshot...if anyone using snapshot plz forward the link.

You can try a build I did below.

It is a basic snapshot build but including LuCI by default, version r18324-794e8123ce, from December 13th, 2021.

This version was the last snapshot with Kernel 5.4 (5.4.162). Right after this rampis (Mediatek) builds switched to kernel 5.10 and later kernel 5.4 was removed from the builds. HW flow offload never worked well with kernel 5.10 in my experience.

The only change I did in this build was to include a recent an updated mt76 wifi driver (January 31st version).

In my experience this build is rock solid, and the updated WiFi driver is much better than the one included in the 21.02.1 stable builds.

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AorfKe3ImcTd5ZxQya77gZZ_qb3hNA?e=o08Dja

3 Likes

Bricked my device by flashing the bad February snapshot, anyone got a guide on how to fix it? I have a UART adapter but the board doesn't have any indication about the pinout

Some details in the topic below:

3 Likes