OpenWrt 21.02.2 Second service release

I thought it would be ? It was available as snapshot under 21.02.1.

Please point me to the commit which is part of the openwrt-21.02 branch. I can't find a back port so I don't think it was part of it. Maybe someone squashed multiple patches into one but I doubt that.

2 Likes

Ok, well then it not part of openwrt-21.02

I love the new UI

3 Likes

I flashed to 21.02.2 and none of my devices could connect to any of my three WiFi networks on my Linksys MR8300. I had to downgrade to 21.02.1. Possibly an issue only with the MR8300, seeing some of the other responses here.

Please create an issue on GitHub

2 Likes

I have flashed 21.02.2 on a Linksys MR8300 v1.1 a few days ago : all three WiFis work.
Can you try to reset the settings and restart config from scratch ?

Upgraded (sysupgrade triggered from within Luci) AVM FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 300E from 21.02.0 to 21.02.2 keeping seetings. It works so far. As far as i am aware, no substantial differences in performances as compared to before. I use the device as repeater with relayd bridge configuration.

Thanks for the release :slight_smile:

Archer C7 v5 here all good BUT i had to change to

kmod-ath10k-ct-smallbuffers

due to lack of memory. Router starts showing it's age. Did clean install, using transmission with one torrent active, external usb hard drive, ksmbd and minor stuff like hdd idle, and a small edit in dnsmasq.conf:

no-resolv
bogus-priv
strict-order
server=2a07:a8c1::
server=45.90.30.0
server=2a07:a8c0::
server=45.90.28.0
add-cpe-id=XXXXXX

in order to use next dns without any client that uses more memory. Trying to keep it simple. Thanks a lot.

edit: edit im also using a cron job to restart transmission every 6 hours and free memory

Updated with settings done from 21.02.1 on my Cudy WR1300. No issues, grest works, devs!

Anyone running this version with Xiaomi Router 3 Pro (R3P) can confirm no issues? Thanks

Updated TP-Link Archer A7 v5 with tplink_archer-a7-v5-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin and TP-Link Archer C2600 v1.1 with tplink_c2600-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin from 21.02.1, installed additional packages, and as usual and against good advice

updated all packages listed by opkg list-upgadable. I have bricked my devices more than once doing this, though not once in recent memory.

I had no problem updating to 2021-03-11-ccb75178-1 on my devices.

As far I can tell, all is working normally. Good job keeping our lives dull and predictable, OpenWRT devs.

Speaking of which, I see that in the release notes:

• Add ath10k smallbuffers

But I'm not sure what it implies. "Add" in what sense? For those who regularly did the opkg remove/install dance with each upgrade for the mainline ath10k driver, is that no longer needed because smallbuffers is that driver now? If so, that wouldn't explain your having to change to it.

"Add" in the sense of providing this package - optionally, available at your disposal.

1 Like

Hello @AJCxZ0

What sort of throughput do you see on the 5GHz radio running 21.02.x ?

I upgraded from 19.07.7 to 21.02.2 on Linksys WRT3200ACM. My internet stopped being recognized all wired/wireless connection showed as no internet. I have a modem on bridge mode and restarted many times with no result. I had to switch back to 19.07.7 partition. Any ideas on what it could be?

I don't know what it means either. I had to remove kmod-ath10k-ct first.

but it was there, long time ago

Did you to save settings? If you did, that might be the issue as 21-02 introduced DSA

3 Likes