Netgear R7800 Fails each reboot and lan issues

The screen shots you posted, is that from your own device, or...?

1 Like

another as an an example of what I'm looking for the gray one is mine device. I don't see a way to manually set the ip.

There should be an edit button to the right of LAN, just as in the video ?

When you try to ssh to your 7800, is your client and the 7800 then isolated from the rest of the network ?

1 Like

yes but i want to change the lan ip.

Yes, that's what the edit button's for...

1 Like

yeah I looked at those sub menus and couldn't find the option for it. I could for the lan but not wan. say etho.2 under devices or interfaces I can't find it. I am asking for a screen shoot for a reason.

What should I do? Cause in all the videos I see people can just change in the place where I'm looking.

Should I use uci set network.wan.ipaddr='xxx.xxx.x.x' uci commit network /etc/init.d/network restart?

I'm confused about what I should do.

To me it looks like @frolic is talking about changing the LAN address not the WAN address.

The WAN is probably a DHCP client so you cannot change the IP address of the WAN.

Try with the EDIT button of the LAN interface and change address to 192.168.2.1 instead of 192.168.1.1, this all assumes this router is connected with its WAN port and on its own subnet.

1 Like

wait what will that do? this is really confusing to me because when I look up how to change wan IP openwrt I mostly also get stuff telling me to change the lan IP. also in that video he also has it set to dhcp client and it has a changed mac address.

Why are you changing the WAN IP in the 1st place ?

2 Likes

It's the ip of my old router. changing the lan Ip dosn't set that.

Then there's still the edit button, for WAN, as @egc described in his post, but you have to change the protocol from DHCP to static.

1 Like

That seems to work for em so far but why in the video dose it seem to be set to DHCP client and have a setable address unlike when I have it set to that?

You tell us, it's your ISP...

1 Like

yeah it doesn't work in automatic mode (all routers not just this one) unless I set it up and call them to whitelist it, there not open on the weekend to whitelist either. They only whitelist one at a time too. I can set the ipv6 address to the same address as the my ipv4 address, or if not how do I find it on my ASUS router. I have it just says wan ip in it's interface (ASUS stock firmware old router I'm replacing with the openwrt one).

White list is only the MAC though, and doesn't tell us anything about how the wan interface on your router should be set up.

Plus the MAC can be cloned, to bypass their white list.

But if the subnet on the WAN port is 192.168.1, you will need to change the LAN subnet, or the router won't work.

Or covert it to a dumb AP, depending on the reason why you installed Openwrt in the 1st place.
With the current config, you'll be double NATing.

My old router is on 192.168.1 so that shouldn't be an issue. I cloned the mac from the begin with and called them said to bypass what they do I'd have to spoof to IP too. But seeing as my router is now configured as a router and not access point it's already double nat correct (old ASUS router being replaced)?

On 192.168.1 where ?

1 Like