NanoPC-T6 is a ultimate device than R4S R5S R6S

Ultimate device NanoPC-T6 replaces R4S R5C R6S

Compiled the latest nanopc-t6 firmware that supports the openwrt main branch T6 using u-boot 24.01, and kernel 6.9.

• SoC: Rockchip RK3588
    • CPU: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A76(up to 2.4GHz) and quad-core Cortex-A55 CPU (up to 1.8GHz)
    • GPU: Mali-G610 MP4, compatible with OpenGLES 1.1, 2.0, and 3.2, OpenCL up to 2.2 and Vulkan1.2
    • VPU: 8K@60fps H.265 and VP9 decoder, 8K@30fps H.264 decoder, 4K@60fps AV1 decoder, 8K@30fps H.264 and H.265 encoder
    • NPU: 6TOPs, supports INT4/INT8/INT16/FP16
  • RAM: 64-bit 4GB/8GB/16GB LPDDR4X at 2133MHz
  • Flash: 32GB/64GB/256GB eMMC, at HS400 mode
  • microSD: support up to SDR104 mode
  • Ethernet: 2x PCIe 2.5G Ethernet
  • 4G LTE: one mimiPCIe connector and one microSIM slot
  • USB-A: 1x USB 3.0 Type-A
  • USB-C: 1x Full function USB Type‑C™ port, support DP display up to 4Kp60, USB 3.0
  • Video input:
    • 1x Standard HDMI input port, up to 4Kp60
    • 2x 4-lane MIPI-CSI, compatible with MIPI V1.2
  • Video output:
    • 2x Standard HDMI output ports
      • compatible with HDMI2.1, HDMI2.0, and HDMI1.4 operation
      • one support displays up to 7680x4320@60Hz, another one support up to 4Kp60
      • Support RGB/YUV(up to 10bit) format
    • 2x 4-lane MIPI-DSI, compatible with MIPI DPHY 2.0 or CPHY 1.1
  • Audio:
    • 3.5mm jack for stereo headphone output
    • 2.0mm PH-2A connector for analog microphone input
  • GPIO:
    • 40-pin 2.54mm header connector
    • up to 2x SPIs, 6x UARTs, 1x I2Cs, 8x PWMs, 2x I2Ss, 28x GPIOs
  • M.2 Connectors
    • one M.2 M-Key connector with PCIe 3.0 x4 for NVMe SSDs up to 2,500 MB/s
    • one M.2 E-key connector with PCIe 2.1 x1 and USB2.0 Host
  • others:
    • 2 Pin 1.27/1.25mm RTC battery input connector for low power RTC IC HYM8563TS
    • one 38Khz IR receiver
    • MASK button for eMMC update, reset button, and Power button
    • one 5V Fan connector
    • Debug UART, 3-Pin 2.54mm header, 3.3V level, 1500000bps
    • 2 x GPIO Controlled LED (SYS, LED1)
  • Power supply: 5.5*2.1mm DC Jack, 12VDC input.
  • PCB: 8 Layer, 110x80x1.6mm
  • Ambient Operating Temperature: 0℃ to 70℃

ENABLE_MULTIPLE_TX_QUEUE = y
ENABLE_RSS_SUPPORT = y

2 Likes

It's really expensive :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

1 Like

Unsupported in LTS kernel, as long as 6.1 is the only LTS.

With R6S/R6C you can already replace the R4S (which released long time ago) however there is no full support in OpenWrt at the moment.

2 Likes

Looks like another decent contender for the "traffic shaping at 1Gbps+" problem, once it is fully supported by OpenWrt... it is however indeed a bit pricy and will compete with second hand thin client x86 devices. Still even there the 2 2.5 Gbps ports will easily make the T6 look quite competitive. (And certainly better suited than the otherwise decent raspberry pi5, which comes with a single 1 Gbps ethernet port and hence needs even more add ons to operate as router, let alone at 2.5 Gbps).

I am doing compiled the latest firmware that supports the openwrt main branch T6 using u-boot 24.01 and kernel 6.9 running succeed.

1 Like

Its more like a mini-pc than a router, but it has the full rk3588-chip which probably has a higher idle than the rk3588s. But I've not seen someone test it, so can someone enlighten us ?

1 Like

Yeah. Too bad that it's more expensive and less performant compared to a similar x86 device.

The advantage is low power consumption and good playability :slight_smile:

If you can buy it directly from China it would be a lot cheaper, like my R6S, the price I bought from China is almost a half of the price selling in AliExpress

Yes, it only costs $180 USD to purchase in China.

I believe price of those also going up a bit these days, I remember the R6S I got a year ago was about US$120, I bought R2S/R4S together and including the shipping total cost is half price when compared with AliExpress.

Where exactly? China is pretty big :smile:

China's territory is indeed very large, but it has a developed transportation network. The postage between any two cities within China is generally $2 - $5 USD.

Ahhh.. inside of China, that part I missed :laughing: then its paying double for me I'm afraid.

Even you ship it outside China, it's still cheaper than using AliExpress, using TaoBao just needs Chinese language so if people can read/write then you can get it cheap.

I bought using TaoBao and ship to my country (not within China), which is basically same as AliExpress however everything is in Chinese, you also need to use Chinese to talk to sellers, which was something I did to get the low price.

8a7e9586ecdc48a481b41326922ecf6c

1 Like

That still does not make it special. x86 hardware is cheaper on taobao as well, so the price difference will not make it a better value. Nanopis just became way too expensive for what they are.

When you find a x86 without a fan that does not have an intel management engine or AMD's equivalent with equal or lower energy consumption for an equal or lower price, we'll talk.

Until then I think its pretty special :heart_eyes:

2 Likes