Is this weird network scheme possible?

That could work. But you have to do it backwards from what they intended. I assume you can enter a number like 30 next to VOIP once one of the port boxes is checked on that network.

"WAN" would connect to your OpenWrt box. It was intended to send tagged packets to an ISP modem that uses them for the different services. The other ports are always untagged.

In this setup the "VOIP" function will be the bridge to your modem, and the "IPTV" will be OpenWrt's LAN bridging to your LAN endpoints. The internal routing and wifi of the 1041 will not be used.

Leave port 1 in the 1041 LAN so you have a way to log into the 1041. After configuration as a switch, this port will be unpluged and not used. Check one port to VOIP (VLAN 30)-- the modem plugs in here-- and the remaining two to IPTV (VLAN20), which will be your LAN devices. You can plug one into your unmanaged switch to expand the number or LAN devices.

In OpenWrt, connect eth0.20 to the lan and eth0.30 to the wan.

The 1041 will be sending packets on VLAN10 trying to connect to an ISP. These will be ignored by OpenWrt since there is no eth0.10.

1 Like

thank you for answer
I am trying to understand

so I am going WAN port connect to Netbooks single LANport ??

and Internet providers ethernet cable to LANport cheked VOIP (VLAN 30) ??

so I need change operating mode to Bridge ??

and one more question
there is no way use wifi too?

I thought you said when you choose Bridge mode then the VLAN page is not available. So this would have to be done in Gateway mode, except you're not actually going to use the gateway part. It's so you can configure hardware VLANs in the switch in a limited way. The 1041 is going to be a dumb hardware switch to combine the two networks onto one cable with VLANs.

Get the basic setup working before looking at wifi. As it is now, the wifi is on the other side of the NAT from anything on the "WAN" port.

no when I change to Bridge mode
all pages are available vlan... even wan page

I was asking that was question

Bridge: In this mode, all ethernet ports and wireless interface are bridged together and NAT function is disabled. All the WAN related function and firewall are not supported.

Without testing the box here myself I can't tell you exactly what it can and can't do.

Like I said try out the basic concept of using the VLAN switch before worrying about the wifi.

1 Like

OK, I appreciate your help :slight_smile:

here is other issue :slight_smile:
as I told netbook has only single lan port
so I dont have switch tab in luci
and no VLAN configurations

what I should do to get vlans?

VLANs would be configured directly on the CPU port using the notation eth0.n where n is the VLAN number. Once you are running vlans, port eth0 without a vlan still exists, but should not be attached to any network.

Go to Network--Interfaces and edit the lan. Click the physical settings tab. Pull down the box and type eth0.20 at the bottom to add one. Press enter don't just click out of the box. Pull down again and uncheck eth0.

If you're accessing the web interface via lan you will now need to go through the QBR-1041 to tag packets.

If that works, go to interfaces again and add a new interface named 'wan'. (Important: Do not name it 'WAN') Physical setting for this is eth0.30. Configure pppoe on that interface and have it in the wan firewall zone, which already exists.

1 Like

you mean here? custom??

Yes. Make a custom interface eth0.20.

What is "erspan0"? Screenshots show that it's not a default configuration.

I googled erspan0

it seems it is usual for openwrt

I have regular router with openwrt

it also have erspan0

but I dont know exactly for what is it

Are you running OpenWrt in a VM or bare metal? If this is going to be your main house router you really should install it bare metal.

i dont have VM

in this topic we are trying configure qtech qbr1041w
and netbook with only one lan port booting from flash drive x64 OpenWRT

but also I have dir-320nru running openwrt 19.07.3

both dir320 and netbook by default have erspan0
it is for traffic mirroring regarding to google (I dont know what is it)

First a clarification is needed: This cloud shown as internet,, what device is there physically?
In any case there is not really a need for VLAN settings. The problem is your netbook wanting to talk to LAN and to Internet over the same interface. The switch just replicates to all I/O anything that happens on any I/O. Even when grouping I/O s on a switch with VLAN options as belonging to a VLAN, it would not have much benefit as the interface connecting to the notebook would have to belong to two VLANs. You could prevent the internet reaching the clients directly though by giving the internet<>notebook its own VLAN. But in that case the clients would not reach the internet anymore either.

The netbook takes two addresses for the same physical interface. So what matters here is the settings on your netbook. It will need to be told which address is the internet gateway. It will send anything there that is not aimed at a device with an IP address on either of the subnets 10.0.x or 192.168.x.
Is this a great setup? Well, not really when max. speed is required. All traffic shows up everywhere.
Would the switch be a router, traffic to and from the notebook, and to and from the clients, could be kept out of where it wouldn't need to go. The better solution would be to have a router do the PPPoE and to define for the various LAN outputs of that router subnets specific to the connected devices, including the netbook.

internet providers Ethernet cable enters my home RJ45

for specific reason I need netbook x64 openwrt make pppoe connection

If the netbook really must do the PPPoE it inevitably leads to two interfaces on the netbook's ethernet connection, assuming it has only one physical ethernet I/O. The physical one with mac and IP address(es) and via that physical one a virtual interface once the PPPoE has been established. It makes the netbook the gateway to internet. When your clients want to also use internet it has to be routed via your netbook.
A simple alternative to your depicted setup would be to use a USB<>Ethernet adapter on one of the USB ports of the netbook. That could be configured as LAN and connect to the switch and other devices.
Assume e.g. one of the clients sending something to another client or printer on the LAN would have zero effect on the connection to internet. In any case make sure that the PPPoE connection ends up in a firewall on the netbook so it and your other clients will be protected.

that's what I want to do
netbook runs x64 Openwrt
it is turned to router

I know about it USB<>Ethernet adapter

thank you

by the way
I got SSH access to qtech shell

# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.30.9 (root@debian) (gcc version 4.4.5-1.5.5p2 (GCC) ) #2 Fri Apr 3 13:50:56 MSK 2015

# cat /etc/version
RTL8196E v1.0 --  Fri Apr 3 13:49:43 MSK 2015
The SDK version is:
Ethernet driver version is:
Wireless driver version is:
Fastpath source version is:
Feature support version is:

but it has very limited commands
I also can connect trough winSCP and view files

but can not copy files from it error says no SCP installed on qtech

I am new to linux
maybe can you suggest way to copy files from qtech??
I suppose it should be very basic linux function (qtech has limited commands)

and some vlan configuration commands on linux (maybe in shell we can configure vlan in better way)

it seems based on busybox

# busybox
BusyBox v1.13.4 (2015-04-03 13:18:31 MSK) multi-call binary
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Erik Andersen, Rob Landley, Denys Vlasenko
and others. Licensed under GPLv2.
See source distribution for full notice.

Usage: busybox [function] [arguments]...
   or: function [arguments]...

BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
        utilities into a single executable.  Most people will create a
        link to busybox for each function they wish to use and BusyBox
        will act like whatever it was invoked as!

Currently defined functions:
        addgroup, adduser, arp, arping, ash, brctl, bunzip2, bzcat, cat,
        chmod, chown, chpasswd, chroot, cp, cut, date, delgroup, deluser,
        dhcprelay, dmesg, dnsd, echo, expr, false, free, getopt, grep,
        halt, head, hostname, ifconfig, init, ip, kill, killall, klogd,
        ln, login, ls, mkdir, mknod, mount, netstat, nslookup, passwd,
        ping, ping6, poweroff, ps, reboot, renice, rm, route, sed, sh,
        sleep, syslogd, tail, telnet, telnetd, traceroute, true, udhcpd,
        umount, wc, wget

ok finally I configured vlan on qtech

it has terrible buggy webinterface
and a lot of config is not logical

so everything is done on 3.1.0.157 firmware

I find out that you can config multiple WAN connections (de facto only 2, adding more is not implemented in webinterface)
and you can give every wan its separate vlan number

WAN config

2 wan connections I set to Static IP with empty parameters
webinterface only insist to set up dns

as you can see it was supposed support up to 8 wan connections

wan3

but up to 2 connections is possible to configure de facto

VLAN config page was most irrational
and implemented in very stupid and bugy way

also here I set priority 5 on LAN3 (my Android IPTV box is connected to LAN3)
to use QoS I dont know it should be configured in this way or no

VLAN config

here is how it should look before you press button "apply changes"

and here is how it looks after reboot

interesting fact
webinterface sets check marks on ports with vlan 1
but if you try save in that way it gives such error :slight_smile:

here is lan config

LAN config

and weird way to disable NAT
first put check mark to enable dinamic routing
than turn off everything in it

disable NAT

as you can see I left LAN1 to access qtech

also I setup one additional virtual guest SSID
to access qtech fromwifi too

Wireless config

wlan1

and finally openwrt x64 config

openwrt

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.