[SOLVED]How to remove interface erspan0?

Hi all!
on my virtual router, on Openwrt 18.06.4, appeared interface erspan0. I know that it can be used to copy traffic inside the network, but I do not want to use it, and I want to delete this interface, how to do it?
p.s. I installed openwrt out of the box, and maybe mistakenly installed some kmod, question which one?...

1tmp

This is a virtual "physical" interface, like eth0/eth1. It doesn't hurt to be there and it doesn't do anything unless you configure it to do something. So if you don't want to fiddle with modules that loaded this interface, you can ignore it.

1 Like
ls -l /sys/class/net /sys/class/net/*/device/driver
1 Like
root@OpenWrt:~# ls -l /sys/class/net /sys/class/net/*/device/driver
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Jul 11 14:14 /sys/class/net/eth0/device/driver -> ../../../../../../../bus/vmbus/drivers/hv_netvsc
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Jul 11 14:14 /sys/class/net/eth1/device/driver -> ../../../../../../../bus/vmbus/drivers/hv_netvsc

/sys/class/net:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Jul 11 14:14 erspan0 -> ../../devices/virtual/net/erspan0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Jul 10 21:59 eth0 -> ../../devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A03:00/device:07/VMBUS:01/b1f9c028-f243-4d00-a0f5-026533e3b9b6/net/eth0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Jul 10 21:59 eth1 -> ../../devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A03:00/device:07/VMBUS:01/df092ea4-3a58-49a9-9e9f-5f8fb9df977d/net/eth1
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Jul 11 14:14 gre0 -> ../../devices/virtual/net/gre0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Jul 11 14:14 gretap0 -> ../../devices/virtual/net/gretap0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Jul 10 21:59 lo -> ../../devices/virtual/net/lo
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Jul 10 22:11 pppoe-WAN -> ../../devices/virtual/net/pppoe-WAN
lsmod | grep -i -e span
grep -i -r -e span /etc/mod*

http://vger.kernel.org/lpc_net2018_talks/erspan-linux-presentation.pdf

1 Like

solved this problem globally by simply reinstalling openwrt on a virtual machine. What I noticed later, it seems that openwrt takes the parameters of each PC individually, I have several PCs with the same openwrt version, but the packages that go inside are different from each other. I installed openwrt on the server where openwrt will be used, it seemed to me that it began to work more stable,
after restarting the virtual machine or windows server, the connection is restored much faster than it was before. P.S. Before this installation, I transferred a virtual machine with openwrt from another PC, but the strange thing is that from where I transferred it there was no interface erspan0...
I think the topic can be closed ...

If your problem is solved, feel free to mark the relevant post as the solution; and edit the title to add "[SOLVED]" to the beginning (click the pencil behind the topic).

grafik

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.