I have a seemingly strange issue, or may be I am just a newbie to all this.
I am new to OpenWRT and not-so-good at linux. But recently did a lot of reading on OpenWRT and has been learning so many new things.
Despite all my research and learning, i have failed to fix this one issue and has been very frustrating.
Basically, I have my IPTV setup as per the attached diagram.
- Problem is, IPTV channels stop after every 4 minutes 35 seconds or so and I can't just figure out what's going wrong.
- Once I change channel, it starts working until it stops again after the same time period.
- A restart of igmpproxy service fixes the issue until the same time period.
- There is stuttering in IPTV channels, but very occasionally, not so frequent which also gets fixed with a channel change.
- And finally, there are no problems at all when i directly connect the IPTV to the ONT device (ISP provided router) directly.
Couldn't make out much from the tcpdump outputs, as i do see igmp requests flowing through, even after the channel stops 'streaming'.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!