OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND V4

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Mar 2018 and 7 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

@wigyori Thanks for info.

I use a "masters" because I think you are doing a great job.

I'm using Open WRT for few years on tl-wr740n v4 and it works great wink

PARADOX_sf wrote:

It does not work. I can not run or install LUCI. It says: cannot install package

"Does not work" is a bit hard, for (a fine working) development(!) images put here, heh? Even if it has stated, what is the problem. :-) You need to add sources for packages at the end of /etc/opkg.cfg

I have used example from h_ttp_s://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/packages for ar71xx, "trunk"...

And as is written a bit before.... it is testing image, kernel modules will not fit. (no usb, at the moment, for example). But "normal" software will work, incl. that luci.... I am too lazy to configure it from console too.  :-D ... if you need kernel packages, this release is still not for you. You can wait for "normal" release. :-)

PARADOX_sf wrote:

It does not work. I can not run or install LUCI. It says: cannot install package

You have to run "opkg update" first and then "opkg install luci"

(Last edited by ProudlyTM on 9 Feb 2017, 09:43)

Dear all,
I was also looking for a V3, but ran out of stock (at least in Hungary).
Due to this forum and the fact that I've seen V4 bin in trunk (*1043nd_v4*) from stock firmware as for upgrade.
Sooo it seems it IS in the trunk already... am I right?
Anyway I will test in the afternoon.
I intend to use USB (extroot, some samba and others).

vmark wrote:

Dear all,
Due to this forum and the fact that I've seen V4 bin in trunk (*1043nd_v4*) from stock firmware as for upgrade.

You can download it from here, I'm already running it and it's stable - I haven't really experienced any issues.

It also works for me on V4. My only issue is that when I configure the wifi via the web interface of luci it breaks and I have to manually configure via CLI again.

ProudlyTM wrote:
vmark wrote:

Dear all,

You can download it from here, I'm already running it and it's stable - I haven't really experienced any issues.

Please dont lie to people, i have the same hardware and it does not work, stock firmware is locked on v3 so there is no way to upload firmware onto it

DDWRTaway wrote:
ProudlyTM wrote:
vmark wrote:

Dear all,

Please dont lie to people, i have the same hardware and it does not work, stock firmware is locked on v3 so there is no way to upload firmware onto it

What do you mean lie to people? I don't see a reason for it not to work on your router... Nobody has said that it doesn't work for them yet. Also, I didn't lie that it works for me without problems lol..

(Last edited by ProudlyTM on 12 Feb 2017, 20:07)

I can confirm that the image from the link posted by ProudlyTM works mostly on V4.  Only problem that I have encoutered so far is that WPA2 does not work.  Unecrypted and WPA works fine, but as soon as wireless security is changed to WPA2 via luci, the wireless interface just shuts down.  USB storage works fine.

Thanks to all the people who contributed to get this far

Rex

(Last edited by RexMundi on 13 Feb 2017, 00:37)

It could be TP-Link distributes different firmware images? From which countries are you?

RexMundi wrote:

.... WPA2 does not work.  Unecrypted and WPA works fine, but as soon as wireless security is changed to WPA2 via luci, the wireless interface just shuts down.  USB storage works fine.
Rex

Installed it today, usb works, wireless works ... set as AP, N, encryption WPA2 PSK (CCMP) , bitrate displays" 144.4 Mbit/s ....  3.6MB/sec download over wireless, >30MB/sec over wire... no interface shutdown seen, yet.
(router purchased on .CZ eshop)

(configured it on previously published images, and replaced by "new" images without deleting config. , only packages needed to install once more ... and no need to add sources into opkg.cfg :-D )

DDWRTaway wrote:
ProudlyTM wrote:

Bro.
As many guys (including me) mentioned it WORKS (at least for us).
In the above mentioned link there is a bin called openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v4-squashfs-factory.bin.
With this file we can (I was able to) upgrade from factory firmware (Firmware version: 3.16.9 Build 20160607 Rel.58297n; Hardware version: TP-WR1043ND v4 00000000) to Openwrt with the following procedure.

- Factory firmware/Advanced tab
- Firmware Upgrade menu
- Browse (and find in your local computer) the above mentioned bin file.
- Click on the Upgrade button.
- say YES to the "Are you sure? - like" question.

At very first
- LUCI is not installed immediately (which I do not really use anyway),
- wifi is disabled (as all OpenWRT installs - for safety reasons).
- there is no telnet (in old OpenWRT 1st connection was able to make with telnet... time changes).
- you can ssh to the router without password (you became root) - so I made ssh 192.168.1.1

Thats all.
Simple, nice upgrade - as we could expect.
I have to admit, that I just switched on the router at 1st time, went through the "quick setup" - and upgraded to OpenWRT, so I have no experience if setup data (like fixed DHCP IP-s, or LAN IP range) are kept or not.

vmark wrote:
DDWRTaway wrote:
ProudlyTM wrote:

Bro.
As many guys (including me) mentioned it WORKS (at least for us).
In the above mentioned link there is a bin called openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v4-squashfs-factory.bin.
With this file we can (I was able to) upgrade from factory firmware (Firmware version: 3.16.9 Build 20160607 Rel.58297n; Hardware version: TP-WR1043ND v4 00000000) to Openwrt with the following procedure.

- Factory firmware/Advanced tab
- Firmware Upgrade menu
- Browse (and find in your local computer) the above mentioned bin file.
- Click on the Upgrade button.
- say YES to the "Are you sure? - like" question.

At very first
- LUCI is not installed immediately (which I do not really use anyway),
- wifi is disabled (as all OpenWRT installs - for safety reasons).
- there is no telnet (in old OpenWRT 1st connection was able to make with telnet... time changes).
- you can ssh to the router without password (you became root) - so I made ssh 192.168.1.1

Thats all.
Simple, nice upgrade - as we could expect.
I have to admit, that I just switched on the router at 1st time, went through the "quick setup" - and upgraded to OpenWRT, so I have no experience if setup data (like fixed DHCP IP-s, or LAN IP range) are kept or not.

Can confirm that firmware does not work, at "are you sure" it gives filename mismatch error, using wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd workaround with modded firmware still doesnt work. THIS IS USA VERSION.

COMPANIES ARE NOW LOCKING ROUTERS PER FCC REGULATIONS

Does anyone else experience a wifi speed at maximum ~50Mbit? I changed the settings in the wireless config to 11n but still... (my wifi adapter on PC is supporting 150Mbit)

I had to install it from the LEDE with the system upgrade. but WPA2 PSK does not work. it says "Requires the 'full' version of wpad/hostapd and support from the wifi driver". how do I install it?

DDWRTaway wrote:

Can confirm that firmware does not work, at "are you sure" it gives filename mismatch error, using wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd workaround with modded firmware still doesnt work. THIS IS USA VERSION.

tftp update does work?

I need the tl-wr1043nd v4 firmware, do you have this firm with the interface view?, not version trunk.
Thank you.

dnkru wrote:
DDWRTaway wrote:

tftp update does work?

Of course it does, he is only trolling.

DDWRTaway wrote:

COMPANIES ARE NOW LOCKING ROUTERS PER FCC REGULATIONS

I was checking the TP-Link USA homepage.
http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/TL-WR1043ND.html
According to that web site, there is no V4 in USA,
Are you sure that your router is V4 ... not V3?

BTW the workaround you mentioned is intended to work between V2 and V3 where the hardware IS THE SAME.
In V4 the hardware is NOT THE SAME, so if you succeed with flashing V2 you BRICK YOUR RUOTER.

COMPANIES ARE CARING, so they check the router model and version vs firmware model and version avoiding accidental brick. You want to do something "wrong". You want to install not the same router model/version, so original firmware just refuses to do.

The real question: Are you absolutely sure that my route has exactly the same hardware as your router (I wrote all details I had in previous post)???
If yes, the original firmware is just overreacting the effect of version/subversion change (like in V2 vs V3).
If not sure/not the same hardware, the original firmware is rights and rejects you to possibly brick your router (which is definitely worse than saying "NO, I will not sysupgrade to that").

(Last edited by vmark on 16 Feb 2017, 10:01)

cycl0n3 wrote:

So can someone tell me which version does work with Model: TL-WR1043ND(EU) Ver: 4.0 please?

http://trabant.uid0.hu/openwrt/openwrt- … actory.bin ?

Meanwhile that firmware seems totally the same and Trabant was a reliable machine wink I had one, I would stick to the original webpage.
from stock firmware: https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots … actory.bin
from other OpenWRT: https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots … pgrade.bin
Mainly, because this is bleeding edge: Every day could change/improve during automated recompilation...

(Last edited by vmark on 16 Feb 2017, 10:02)

Hi, Cooool guys,

Please copy and share the firmware of TL-WR1043ND-V4 using ROM writer.
I know TL-WR1043ND-V4 has 16MB of Flash memory.

I have a TL-WR1043ND-V3 (Flash 8MB) and I am running out of flash memory capacity when installing various packages.
So I changed the Flash memory to 16MB.

However, the boot log still recognizes it as 8MB.
So some of the drivers are not working.

I would be very grateful if someone would share the firmware of the TL-WR1043ND-V4.

I leave my email address. chiruru@naver.com,
please.

Thanks,

(Last edited by chiruru on 23 Feb 2017, 05:31)

Hi there,

I installed my first OpenWrt on 1043nd V4 yesterday, all like a charm and luci installation succeffull.

Just to say thanks for the work !

Hi !

I install OpenWRT today ! Happy to find a V4 version big_smile

BUT .... always a but .... I can't have internet on it. I have my ISP router on bridged mode plug to the WAN port of the 1043ND and nothing happen hmm
If I plug my laptop on my ISP router, I get my public IP (DHCP).

Anyone can help me ?

1043ND is in default install with no configuration at all on it, from scratch.

---------- EDIT -----------------

Well .... I reset my ISP router, reconfigured it in bridge mode, connect it to 1043DN ... it's working .... OpenWRT get my public IP ...I don't understand ...

(Last edited by marttho on 27 Feb 2017, 20:48)

RexMundi wrote:

I can confirm that the image from the link posted by ProudlyTM works mostly on V4.  Only problem that I have encoutered so far is that WPA2 does not work.  Unecrypted and WPA works fine, but as soon as wireless security is changed to WPA2 via luci, the wireless interface just shuts down.  USB storage works fine.

Thanks to all the people who contributed to get this far

Rex

I had issues with the Luci Wifi configuration, somehow it modified the config files in a wrong way and was not working. I suggest to manually configure wifi. Mine is wokring with WPA2 like this:

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /etc/config/wireless

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option hwmode '11n'
        option path 'platform/qca956x_wmac'
        option channel '11'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        option disabled '0'

config wifi-iface
        option device 'radio0'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'