OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND V4

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Mar 2018 and 7 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

marttho wrote:

---------- EDIT -----------------

Well .... I reset my ISP router, reconfigured it in bridge mode, connect it to 1043DN ... it's working .... OpenWRT get my public IP ...I don't understand ...

That is normal as your ISP router acts like a simple switch in this case and your OpenWRT gets the public IP. I guess the internet connection is also plugged into your internet router's switch port (not the WAN port) just like the OpenWRt router.

If you want to have your OpenWrt router behind the internet router I think either you need to configure static IP/default route on it, or you need to configure DHCP on the internet router and set your Openwrt router WAN port to be a DHCP client.

(Last edited by zaksza on 28 Feb 2017, 19:14)

I can also confirm that is working on v4
But i have a small problem if any1 of you can help me
I want to install luci but i cannot connect the router to internet since my connection is on a 4g router that doesnt have a lan port.
I have tried to install luci offline but i cannot find all the dependencies
Any sugestions on how can i do this?!
I am a newb
Sorry for my english

EDIT:

Ok i have managed to connect the router to internet making it a client to the 4g router but i still can't install luci
is the package unavailable for this build ?

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg update
Downloading htt://downloads. openwrt .org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/designated_driver_base.
Downloading htt://downloads .openwrt .org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/Packages.sig.
Signature check passed.
Downloading htt://downloads .openwrt .org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/packages/kernel/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/designated_driver_kernel.
Downloading htt://downloads .openwrt .org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/packages/kernel/Packages.sig.
Signature check passed.
root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install luci
Unknown package 'luci'.
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci.
root@OpenWrt:~#

EDIT

Nevermind.as i sayd i am a newb....i didn't install sysupdate.bin and that is why luci wasnt found
Now everything is working well smile)

(Last edited by xplicitt21 on 9 Mar 2017, 08:54)

releases 17.01.0 comes with a web interface(LUCI)? Or need to install it separately?

Would it be possible to compile a version with the LUCI web interface included?

jimmyjim77 wrote:

Would it be possible to compile a version with the LUCI web interface included?

I expect "yes, but you can do it yourself". And installing luci using ssh connection is more simple than preparing custom image, I expect. :-)

I have a new V4. How do I update it to OpenWRT? I tried but the OEM UI is complaining about the file.

How have you guys done it?

(Last edited by ducati34 on 7 May 2017, 23:31)

ducati34 wrote:

I have a new V4. How do I update it to OpenWRT? I tried but the OEM UI is complaining about the file.

How have you guys done it?

Rename the file to something smaller. The TP-Link UI seems to hate the original filename of the OpenWRT firmware.

So I compiled an firmware image with luci and some other pakets included. The one thing that doesn't seem to work is dhcp relaying with dnsmasq. I use the same configuration that I also used sucessfully with dnsmassq 2.73 (this now is 2.76), but instead of sending the answer from the dhcp server to the client, dnsmasq sends it on the openvpn tun interface with the tunnel ip as the sender, so it doesn't get to the client.
Anybody had the same problem (and a possible fix)?

Hi!

I just bought a v4 and installed OpenWrt and luci. Everything is fine and works good thanks a lot!

In luci under Network -> Wireless Country is set to US but transmit power only goes up to 23db (199mw).

I thought it should be able to go up to 27db (500mw)? Is the wireless chipset in v4 only good for a max. of 23db?

Dave

Davidian wrote:

Hi!

I just bought a v4 and installed OpenWrt and luci. Everything is fine and works good thanks a lot!

In luci under Network -> Wireless Country is set to US but transmit power only goes up to 23db (199mw).

I thought it should be able to go up to 27db (500mw)? Is the wireless chipset in v4 only good for a max. of 23db?

Dave

https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplication … id=2919287

This router is capable of 28 dBm, just make sure you install jow reghack and you should be able to set it. v2/v3 can do 25dBm max, my v3 could reach 25dBm without the reghack, though for v4 it could be different. If still doesn't work, you may need to hack you ART partition to get 28 dBm, but 23-24 dBm should be enough. Try running iw list from ssh and check if any channel allows more than 23 dBm.

http://luci.subsignal.org/~jow/reghack/README.txt

(Last edited by user5077 on 31 May 2017, 08:24)

@user5077

Thanks a lot, there are some channels allowing 25db but I had to change Width from 40Mhz to 20Mhz, is that any Problem? changing it back to 40Mhz seems to Keep 25db.

I did the reghack, changed nothing...

Band 1:
                Capabilities: 0x11ee
                        HT20/HT40
                        SM Power Save disabled
                        RX HT20 SGI
                        RX HT40 SGI
                        TX STBC
                        RX STBC 1-stream
                        Max AMSDU length: 3839 bytes
                        DSSS/CCK HT40
                Maximum RX AMPDU length 65535 bytes (exponent: 0x003)
                Minimum RX AMPDU time spacing: 8 usec (0x06)
                HT TX/RX MCS rate indexes supported: 0-23
                Frequencies:
                        * 2412 MHz [1] (24.0 dBm)
                        * 2417 MHz [2] (25.0 dBm)
                        * 2422 MHz [3] (25.0 dBm)
                        * 2427 MHz [4] (25.0 dBm)
                        * 2432 MHz [5] (25.0 dBm)
                        * 2437 MHz [6] (25.0 dBm)
                        * 2442 MHz [7] (25.0 dBm)
                        * 2447 MHz [8] (25.0 dBm)
                        * 2452 MHz [9] (25.0 dBm)
                        * 2457 MHz [10] (25.0 dBm)
                        * 2462 MHz [11] (23.0 dBm)
                        * 2467 MHz [12] (disabled)
                        * 2472 MHz [13] (disabled)
                        * 2484 MHz [14] (disabled)
        valid interface combinations:
                 * #{ managed } <= 2048, #{ AP, mesh point } <= 8, #{ P2P-client, P2P-GO } <= 1, #{ IBSS } <= 1,
                   total <= 2048, #channels <= 1, STA/AP BI must match, radar detect widths: { 20 MHz (no HT), 20 MHz, 40 MHz }

* #{ WDS } <= 2048,
                   total <= 2048, #channels <= 1, STA/AP BI must match
        HT Capability overrides:
                 * MCS: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
                 * maximum A-MSDU length
                 * supported channel width
                 * short GI for 40 MHz
                 * max A-MPDU length exponent
                 * min MPDU start spacing

(Last edited by Davidian on 31 May 2017, 21:01)

You may need to hack your ART partiton. But if in 40 Mhz mode 25 dBm works then it's probably enough, setting 27-28 dBm could cause too much noise.

(Last edited by user5077 on 1 Jun 2017, 09:11)

Is there any tutorial for that?

It's not exactly easy, you need brute hex editing, on top of that you need to build your own image with ART unlocked, else you won't be able to flash ART. Here's one such image for v4(sysupgrade):  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CQR4 … sp=sharing

See this: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 89#p300089  Downoad the ART linked there, but don't flash it, it's for wdr 4300, you also need to download this: https://github.com/pepe2k/ar9300_eeprom … 1.0_pl.bin

Open both those in hex editor, then use windiff or something to see what was changed in the first one(the 2nd one is the original). Back up your art:

dd if=/dev/mtd4 of=/tmp/orig_art.bin

Then transfer it out of the router to your computer, and don't lose it, you will need it later. Open it in hex editor, then modify it the same way as the one for wdr 4300 was modified. Save it under art.bin name(so you don't lose the original), transfer it to /tmp folder on the router, then run

mtd -r write art.bin art

(You need to flash the openwrt with unlocked ART for this to work) Then the router will reboot, you should be able to set 28 dBm power(higher tx powers could appear, but they will just transmit at 28dBm), I suggest to change your country to 00 world to be able to set 28 dBm on any channel.

(Last edited by user5077 on 1 Jun 2017, 12:56)

Hello Guys,

i got a Problem and hope someone can help me out :-)

I'm using a 'Speedport W 724V' as Main Router to the Internet. The WR1043 is Connected through a Lan Cable to the Speedport. My PC is connected to the WR1043.

If i'm using the original Firmware there is no Probs with the InternetConnection. When i Flash to OpenWRT (downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/a … actory.bin) i got no more Connection...

Can logon to the Router, but cant update OPKG or install Luci.

Greetings Bst2k

bst2k wrote:

Hello Guys,

i got a Problem and hope someone can help me out :-)

I'm using a 'Speedport W 724V' as Main Router to the Internet. The WR1043 is Connected through a Lan Cable to the Speedport. My PC is connected to the WR1043.

If i'm using the original Firmware there is no Probs with the InternetConnection. When i Flash to OpenWRT (downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/a … actory.bin) i got no more Connection...

Can logon to the Router, but cant update OPKG or install Luci.

Greetings Bst2k

You need to configure your network setttings to be able to connect- https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network?s[]=network

jimmyjim77 wrote:

So I compiled an firmware image with luci and some other pakets included. The one thing that doesn't seem to work is dhcp relaying with dnsmasq. I use the same configuration that I also used sucessfully with dnsmassq 2.73 (this now is 2.76), but instead of sending the answer from the dhcp server to the client, dnsmasq sends it on the openvpn tun interface with the tunnel ip as the sender, so it doesn't get to the client.
Anybody had the same problem (and a possible fix)?

I couldn't fix the problem but  I used the dns-forwarder package and it works fine.

But I have another problem:
Does anyone know, how I can bring the leds on the front to blink when there is traffic on a port?

This configuration only makes the led light up when a cable is connected.

config led 'led_wan'
        option name 'WAN'
        option sysfs 'tp-link:green:wan'
        option trigger 'switch0'
        option port_mask '0x20'

config led 'led_lan1'
        option name 'LAN1'
        option sysfs 'tp-link:green:lan1'
        option trigger 'switch0'
        option port_mask '0x10'

config led 'led_lan2'
        option name 'LAN2'
        option sysfs 'tp-link:green:lan2'
        option trigger 'switch0'
        option port_mask '0x08'

config led 'led_lan3'
        option name 'LAN3'
        option sysfs 'tp-link:green:lan3'
        option trigger 'switch0'
        option port_mask '0x04'

config led 'led_lan4'
        option name 'LAN4'
        option sysfs 'tp-link:green:lan4'
        option trigger 'switch0'
        option port_mask '0x02'

Hi! This is the first time I'll play with OpenWRT.
I'm about to buy this router, 1034nd but I'm not exactly sure which version to buy.
Should I buy v3 or v4?

Actually my questions are the following.
1) if I buy the v4 should I download and install this one via the ui upgrade procedure? Like I would do if I had to upgrade a stock firmware? h t t p s://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v4-squashfs-factory.bin
2) will this utilize the full 16mb? or this is a snapshot from v3 so from my understanding it will only see 8mb?

Thank you all in advance!

(Last edited by GotDHCPed on 19 Jun 2017, 08:47)

Hi, I'm a newbie to openWrt, this post help me a lot setting everything up, it's working fine now.
Thanks everyone and especialy for the work for the V4!! smile

Hi guys,

I bricked my router during flashing process. The failsafe mode seems not working for this one with reset button. Has anyone ever tried to unbrick the v4 version to give me some hints. I worked with the v2 and v3 versions before and the failsafe was always working for them.

Thanks in advance,

Nevermind guys, I found the solution right here xxxp hmm/forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?81462-How-to-recovery-the-router-when-you-bricked-it
And it's might be a generic solution for all tp-link router.

I was successful in installing OpenWRT on TL-WR1043ND v4. I found out that WAN LED should have two colors (green and orange) available. Orange WAN LED color flashes once when router is started, but here is no info or control possibility of orange color WAN either in OpenWRT device info page or OpenWRT itself. Is this a "new feature" of v4? Can someone who has of earlier HW versions tell if they can see orange WAN LED flash once on startup?

EDIT (2017-08-25):
Now it works!
On day of my post someone posted his image is working and at the same evening a new image was uploaded. This image seems to have a failure.
Yesterday (or before) was another image uploaded. I tried this one and IT WORKS.

----

Hello,
I'm new to openwrt and have a problem to install it. I downloaded the file 'openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v4-squashfs-factory.bin' and tried to install it via the firmware upgrade gui, but it showes me an error:

"Error code: 18001
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the length of the upgraded file is incorrect. Please check the file name."

Renaming it didnt have any effect. This thread looks like I shouldnt have to rename it to work, but... Does anyone have an advice?

EDIT

(Last edited by tcm1003 on 25 Aug 2017, 00:35)

xplicitt21 wrote:

I can also confirm that is working on v4
But i have a small problem if any1 of you can help me
I want to install luci but i cannot connect the router to internet since my connection is on a 4g router that doesnt have a lan port.
I have tried to install luci offline but i cannot find all the dependencies
Any sugestions on how can i do this?!
I am a newb
Sorry for my english

EDIT:

Ok i have managed to connect the router to internet making it a client to the 4g router but i still can't install luci
is the package unavailable for this build ?

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg update
Downloading htt://downloads. openwrt .org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/designated_driver_base.
Downloading htt://downloads .openwrt .org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/Packages.sig.
Signature check passed.
Downloading htt://downloads .openwrt .org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/packages/kernel/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/designated_driver_kernel.
Downloading htt://downloads .openwrt .org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/packages/kernel/Packages.sig.
Signature check passed.
root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install luci
Unknown package 'luci'.
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci.
root@OpenWrt:~#

EDIT

Nevermind.as i sayd i am a newb....i didn't install sysupdate.bin and that is why luci wasnt found
Now everything is working well smile)

I installed the factory.bin and no longer have access to the router. What should I do now? I also downloaded the sysupdate file but did not know how to use it.please help me!!!

(Last edited by nico87bit on 1 Sep 2017, 23:02)

user5077 wrote:

It's not exactly easy, you need brute hex editing, on top of that you need to build your own image with ART unlocked, else you won't be able to flash ART. Here's one such image for v4(sysupgrade):

See this: Downoad the ART linked there, but don't flash it, it's for wdr 4300, you also need to download this:
Open both those in hex editor, then use windiff or something to see what was changed in the first one(the 2nd one is the original). Back up your art:

dd if=/dev/mtd4 of=/tmp/orig_art.bin

Then transfer it out of the router to your computer, and don't lose it, you will need it later. Open it in hex editor, then modify it the same way as the one for wdr 4300 was modified. Save it under art.bin name(so you don't lose the original), transfer it to /tmp folder on the router, then run

mtd -r write art.bin art

(You need to flash the openwrt with unlocked ART for this to work) Then the router will reboot, you should be able to set 28 dBm power(higher tx powers could appear, but they will just transmit at 28dBm), I suggest to change your country to 00 world to be able to set 28 dBm on any channel.

In the ver4 the art partition is the mtd8.
Someone have a compiled version of the firmware for the wr1043ndv4 with the ART partition unlocked? Thank's.