OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

@davidc502 Firstly thank you for all your work on this project. I am a huge fan of your LEDE build.

I have been experiencing the same intermittent Wi-Fi issues on the 5GHz band as have been reported by others. Please let me know if I can assist troubleshooting in any way.

I also really appreciate your responsiveness in including Wget for the DDNS client for the next build.

I noticed Nano is also missing on the most recent build, and I wasn't able to find any other text editors. Do you have a recommended text editor package?

Thanks!

Brit

@anymouse617

Currently testing LEDE r1922 with a new wifi driver of 10.3.2.0-20161011. It's too soon to tell, but with 12 hours of up-time there hasn't been any issues. Knock on wood. If it's still good to go after a couple more days, it will be uploaded to the server and available to download.

root@lede:~# strings /lib/modules/*.*/mwlwifi.ko | grep "^10.3"
10.3.2.0-20161011
10.3.2.0-20161011

vi is 'default' text editor. I really didn't think about any others, but I don't have a issue adding nano to the mix.

Best Regards,

(Last edited by davidc502 on 16 Oct 2016, 16:08)

davidc502 wrote:

@kartheo,

will add 3g-ntfs  to the package repo.

Testing new build with wifi drivers, and if all goes well, should be available in the next few days.

The reason why it's failing with matching kernel rev is because security is turned on at the highest level.

thank you very much for the reply. I didnt quite get your answer about the security level. could you point somewhere to read more?

thodoris

kartheo wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

The reason why it's failing with matching kernel rev is because security is turned on at the highest level.

thank you very much for the reply. I didnt quite get your answer about the security level. could you point somewhere to read more?

It is more about ensuring kernel & package compatibility. Openwrt has really strict kernel checksumming based on kernel options used in compilation. In practice you can't install packages from the snapshot repo to a private build. You can only installed packages from the same compilation run as the kernel itself.  (you may override that with "opkg --force-depends", but that may brick the router if there is an actual incompatibility.

(Last edited by hnyman on 16 Oct 2016, 19:55)

Testing looks good so far, so the builds have been uploaded to the server.

It appears the new wifi driver fixes the drop issue due to all of the recent changes to lede.

If anyone has any wifi issues please let me know.  Also, I've tried to build all the packages as requested. If for some reason yours was left out, let me know.

@davidc502,

Luci-app-bcp38 has been missing from the packages since the last few builds.
It used to be included and working before.
It would be nice to have this package and dependencies available to.

Hi @davidc502, Can you put up a link to the latest build pleas? The one with addblock and bcp38 thanks. When I was looking on your server I could not work out what was the latest build.

luci-app-statistics
luci-app-adblock

Both of those exist. Sorry, looks like bcp38 has dropped off. However, I will add it back.

For lede, it is the latest build out there. One can tell by the date, when you look at the file. 10/16/2016 is the latest packages and images uploaded.

I think part of the confusion is that in previous builds the distribution feeds used to reference http://downloads.lede-project.org and in new builds they are already pointing to http://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net by default.

In my case after after updating I need luci-proto-relay to get my configuration working which isn't in David's repo.

I'm not sure what the best practice is for this. Is it bad to pull packages directly from lede-project.org if they are not included in Davids repo?

davidc502 wrote:

Testing looks good so far, so the builds have been uploaded to the server.

It appears the new wifi driver fixes the drop issue due to all of the recent changes to lede.

If anyone has any wifi issues please let me know.  Also, I've tried to build all the packages as requested. If for some reason yours was left out, let me know.

Hi davidc502

I upgraded to your newest build r1922 (from r1813), no issues so far.

@p4p4

Good news -- Thanks

I haven't had any problems with wifi since the new driver was released.

David,
I've upgraded to the latest build, but the zabbix packages and wpad (full) packages are not there. Could you please add them?

Thanks,
ThePatrikos

davidc502 wrote:

@anymouse617

vi is 'default' text editor. I really didn't think about any others, but I don't have a issue adding nano to the mix.

Best Regards,

IMHO anyone who is going to do administrator work with Linux/Unix needs to learn vi. It is the one editor you can count on being available.

--bill

bill1228 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

@anymouse617

Best Regards,

IMHO anyone who is going to do administrator work with Linux/Unix needs to learn vi. It is the one editor you can count on being available.

--bill

Agreed.

davidc502 wrote:

@p4p4

Good news -- Thanks

Hi davidc502

I have noticed strong fluctuation of the 5GHz Tx-rate with the new build (1-2x/min, down to 40MBit with Macbook Pro directly near the router, Channel 36, VHT80). Do you see the same? Didn't have that with the earlier builds.

(Last edited by p4p4 on 18 Oct 2016, 07:38)

Hi David,

Thanks for the updates! With the latest it does not show any information.
It keeps saying Collecting data...

p4p4 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

@p4p4

Good news -- Thanks

Hi davidc502

I have noticed strong fluctuation of the 5GHz Tx-rate with the new build (1-2x/min, down to 40MBit with Macbook Pro directly near the router, Channel 36, VHT80). Do you see the same? Didn't have that with the earlier builds.

Please download a wifi analyzer to a phone, and watch the channel to see if there's any interference.

So far, I haven't had the issue described above. Knock on wood smile

Also, with the new build, there a small fix I put in for nslookup. Currently nslookup with busybox are not working correctly, so I put in a small script that creates a new nslookup file and renames the original to nslookup.old. So, just in case you need to go back you can. The old file is just a symbolic link that calls busybox, and can be added back easily if needed.

With the workaround, people who use ddns are no longer affected by this bug. All other users will work normally.

I put in a bug fix request 3 months ago with LEDE, and though it has been accepted as something to work on, it is unknown how long before the bug is fixed.

Best Regards,

(Last edited by davidc502 on 18 Oct 2016, 14:47)

@p4p4,
I'm not experiencing that with the new build, but I am using an acv1, so it may be an ACS issue.

@davidc502,
Is there any way I can build the packages I need myself? (wpad and zabbix)
I don't want to bother you every time something like this happens...

davidc502 wrote:

I put in a bug fix request 3 months ago with LEDE, and though it has been accepted as something to work on, it is unknown how long before the bug is fixed.

Likely not soon, as the fixes are needed for Busybox and/or musl-libc, not Openwrt or LEDE. You bug report seems to sit on the LEDE bug tracker: https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php … ask_id=155

To my understanding, the bug is about selecting & displaying the DNS server name, not about the DNS lookup itself. with musl-libc, Busybox always uses the localhost, even if the user tries to specify another DNS server to be used.

@davidc502,

Just to let you know, I have the last image r1922 running without any 5Ghz wifi problems for a little over a day now.
Nice work. smile

thepatrikos wrote:

@p4p4,
I'm not experiencing that with the new build, but I am using an acv1, so it may be an ACS issue.

@davidc502,
Is there any way I can build the packages I need myself? (wpad and zabbix)
I don't want to bother you every time something like this happens...

The packages have been uploaded.

A bunch of zabbix packages
wpad-mini

Download the p4p4.zip  from http://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/p4p4.zip

extract the packages and load on router. There may be a signature mis-match. If there is, I included the images under the /target directory. It's the same image as posted on the server now, but will pass the signature.

davidc502 wrote:

@davidc502: what an honor that you named the package after me! :-)) but it wasn't me who asked for it! ;-)

small update: Wifi seems stable now, maybe just some interference this morning, I'll stick r1922 for now!

p4p4 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

@davidc502: what an honor that you named the package after me! :-)) but it wasn't me who asked for it! ;-)

small update: Wifi seems stable now, maybe just some interference this morning, I'll stick r1922 for now!

LOL --

For @thepatrikos   

Thanks smile

@davidc502,
Thank you so much for this!
Again, sorry for nagging about these packages. (I have people that want their Wi-Fi to work...)

On another note, does anyone know if Marvell has implemented beam-forming in their open-source driver?
(I've heard that they haven't, but I see an option for it in Linksys stock)