OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

It may sound dumb...
But have you tried to ping a server from ssh?
I can't test for sure, but from ssh I can't ping anything, all packet are lost...

root@lede:/tmp# ping google.it
PING google.it (172.217.16.195): 56 data bytes
^C
--- google.it ping statistics ---
8 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

I have just flashed last firmware on a 2 version old firmware keeping settings, logged on ssh and pinged google ( as well as other servers )

@p4p4

I can confirm the same result from the same build.

A wireless wifi analyser shows there isn't a 5Ghz signal being generated during this time.

I have not been able to collect logs yet.

davidc502 wrote:

@p4p4

I can confirm the same result from the same build.

A wireless wifi analyser shows there isn't a 5Ghz signal being generated during this time.

I have not been able to collect logs yet.

good to know, so I'll stick with r1770.

just FYI (probably no help due to different WiFi chip): 4.4.24 (r1813) running flawlessly regarding 5GHz on an Zyxel NBG6616 (ar7xxx)

(Last edited by p4p4 on 10 Oct 2016, 16:18)

Thanks for making these images David. It has helped me greatly.

At the ACS model (SHELBY) and the latest image (Oct 10), the 5Ghz signal goes down after I max it out in terms of speed. For stability reasons I reverted to an older image.

I have a Linksys WRT1900ACS v1 and uploaded a few files over night and not seen any problems with the 5Ghz but wondered if there's a place to look in the logs to check

For me, both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz bands die when put under constant load, like streaming Netflix or downloading a fairly large file.

If you need good stability, I recommend staying off the latest build. Or if you want to try it out, be sure to save the previous build and packages just in case you wish to go back.

Best Regards,

With the pre-installed luci_app_statistics, is it possible to get better/more informative reports than basic Tx, Rx for 1 hour/day/week/month/year spans?

I'd like to have the ability to get a breakdown of which devices are using how much data, a more flexible time-window, &c. &c.  Is this simply not part of the feature set of luci_app_statistics?

@emacsomancer

I believe it can all be configured. I use SNMP for stats gathering, so I'm not much help here.

However, there are others that are experts with this package, so you may post a general question in the discussions and see if you get any hits.

Also, if you do some custom configurations that can be added to the build, let me know.

davidc502 wrote:

@emacsomancer

I believe it can all be configured. I use SNMP for stats gathering, so I'm not much help here.

However, there are others that are experts with this package, so you may post a general question in the discussions and see if you get any hits.

Also, if you do some custom configurations that can be added to the build, let me know.

Thanks.

Hey there,

I just flashed with the latest image for my ACS. It looks like wget is no longer available in software packages. The DDNS client requires it to look up the target for IP update since the Busybox backend can't do it. Is it possible to have this package back?

Brit

Had the 5Ghz problem last night while streaming a movie off my network after about an hour of viewing, 5Ghz still showed up but i couldn't reconnect to it

Does anyone have a link to an older version of the firmware as looked though the parent directory's and couldn't find one for the Linksys WRT1900ACS v1

Hi david could you please add the kmod-batman-adv in your repo. This package can be found in lede-projects repo, but i am unable to install from there due to dependency check failure.

(Last edited by f0xbat on 12 Oct 2016, 11:43)

@Eyerex,

Just use the recovery procedure to go back to what you ran before the last flash.  It's the 4 on/offs procedure? let me know if you need more help.

@f0xbat

Will put it on the list. Be aware the last compilation failed, so at this point am not sure when the next build will be.

davidc502 wrote:
airyjf wrote:

Installing kmod-macvlan (4.4.23-1) to root...
Downloading  downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu/generic/packages/kmod-macvlan_4.4.23-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-macvlan:
*     kernel (= 4.4.23-1-de022eb05765d466a0804b3dad0483b3) *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-macvlan.

macvlan always failed,can you help me? Thanks

No problem, if you can hold out until tomorrow I'll put new builds up to the site, and I'll include that package to be modularized and available to be installed.

If you need it today I can compile it separately and uploaded to the site. From there it would need to be downloaded to your desktop and transfered to the router and installed.

can't find out kmod-macvlan  In the new builds( 2016-10-09 ) ? WRT1200AC V1,thanks

By request, the following packages will be available for the next build.  To this date I don't know when it will be as there is the reported issue of wifi failing. ** Remember ** you can always fail back to the previous build, on your router, by using the on/off recovery method listed in the wiki. Let me know if you have questions.

luci-adblock
adblock
kmod-macvlan
kmod-batman-adv
wget

@davidc502

Cheers, thanks for that. Also, i would like to add that, i hit the issue whereby the wifi is no longer joinable after a lock up due to large file transfer.

Hi davidc502,

Props for putting time and effort to get these builds out. My thanks. I couldn't find contact details or anything so thought would post here.

I flashed latest image (10-09-2016 image). Noticed repeated wireless network becoming unavailable. To resolve would just power cycle. It seemed to be consistently bad in the evenings, sometimes a reboot would only resolve for a few minutes. After a few evenings of this I went back and flashed your 09-22-2016 build. Linksys ACS 1900. Not sure if its been noted but I wanted to drop you a note. Not of terrible utility (such lack of troubleshooting) but thought would share.

~delicatepc (not subscribed to thread)

@delcatepc

Appreciate the feedback. It's a known issue, and hope this will be fixed soon.

davidc502 wrote:

@Eyerex,

Just use the recovery procedure to go back to what you ran before the last flash.  It's the 4 on/offs procedure? let me know if you need more help.

I find this easier then the switch method to get back to Linksys partition or what ever is on the other partition. Telnet/ssh into router then do:

fw_setenv boot_part 1
reboot

The 1 is to switch to partition 1 if you want partition 2 then use a 2 of course.

Router will reboot to previous partition. One thing of note is when I do this going from Openwrt/LEDE to Linksys partition I have to power cycle the router to get it to show up, ping and WEB UI are not available until the power cycle with my wrt1900ac v1. Your mileage my vary.

--bill

(Last edited by bill1228 on 13 Oct 2016, 15:25)

@bill1228

Is there a command that will say what partition is being used currently?

davidc502 wrote:

@bill1228

fw_printenv boot_part

davidc502 wrote:

@bill1228

@davidc502

The below command shows what partition you are currently on.

fw_printenv boot_part

(Last edited by kirkgbr on 13 Oct 2016, 17:44)

Appreciate it.

People might take note of the commands as it can sometimes be easier to do it that way than the "switch it 4 times on/off" way, which might take good timing/luck to happen.

thanks for this builds david! really helped me with time management with my wifi haha.

I would like to ask for the 3g-ntfs package. have problem installing it even from lede snapshot packages which are the same kernel.

https://downloads.lede-project.org/snap … /packages/

Am I doign something wrong?
thanks

@kartheo,

will add 3g-ntfs  to the package repo.

Testing new build with wifi drivers, and if all goes well, should be available in the next few days.

The reason why it's failing with matching kernel rev is because security is turned on at the highest level.