OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

davidc502 wrote:
benjie413 wrote:

@david

Hi. Can i skip build/s when updating?

Yes, no problem.

I had an issue with adblock when I went from r407 to r4901 doing a backup/restore. Adblock app did not like the config file and gave a link to a new one. I suspect that backup captures the adblock config file and when the restore was done the adblock config file was incorrect. Was an easy fix though following the adblock update instructions.

Brewder wrote:

Hello!  I have a very strange issue.

I have a single SSID broadcasting on both 2.4 and 5GHz frequencies.  I have a printer that connects using 2.4 as that's all it supports.  That printer is unreachable via other clients on the same 2.4Ghz frequency.  However, my clients on 5Ghz have no problem accessing the printer.  So my laptop (5Ghz) can print to the printer with no problems, but my daughter's laptop (2.4Ghz) cannot.

My first thought was I must have set the "Isolate clients" advanced setting, but that's unchecked on both frequencies.

Is this some sort of bug?  I recall it being discussed weeks, if not months, ago.  It's been driving me CRAZY trying to find a solution other than buying either a new printer or new laptops.  smile

I'm running a WRT1900AC with Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r4901-ab26fc6c8d / LuCI Master (git-17.260.43176-678c15c).

//Brew

Is your printer HP? I have same issue (wired clients works good as well).

AddRemover wrote:
Brewder wrote:

Hello!  I have a very strange issue.

I have a single SSID broadcasting on both 2.4 and 5GHz frequencies.  I have a printer that connects using 2.4 as that's all it supports.  That printer is unreachable via other clients on the same 2.4Ghz frequency.  However, my clients on 5Ghz have no problem accessing the printer.  So my laptop (5Ghz) can print to the printer with no problems, but my daughter's laptop (2.4Ghz) cannot.

My first thought was I must have set the "Isolate clients" advanced setting, but that's unchecked on both frequencies.

Is this some sort of bug?  I recall it being discussed weeks, if not months, ago.  It's been driving me CRAZY trying to find a solution other than buying either a new printer or new laptops.  smile

I'm running a WRT1900AC with Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r4901-ab26fc6c8d / LuCI Master (git-17.260.43176-678c15c).

//Brew

Is your printer HP? I have same issue (wired clients works good as well).

No it's a Canon MP495... It's definitely not a printer issue, it's a frequency / client isolation issue.

//Brew

probably... I've tried to tcpdump right on br-lan interface and saw that printer simply not replying to ARP requests by some reason. But appears to me it's my printer issue...

davidc502, I am on Frontier FiOS and they don't currently support ipv6 and probably won't for a long while. Any chance you could consider doing a build without ipv6? It seems to be very difficult to completely disable.

starrbuck wrote:

davidc502, I am on Frontier FiOS and they don't currently support ipv6 and probably won't for a long while. Any chance you could consider doing a build without ipv6? It seems to be very difficult to completely disable.

Like yourself my ISP is purely IPv4, and though in the past I've disabled ipv6 functionality, these days I don't.

Currently, I'm doing two builds, and it seems these days I'm lucky to get them built, so a 3rd isn't happening right now really for any reason and not just yours.

Question: Once ipv6 is disabled and configuration saved, you should never have to do it again because each upgrade saves your settings OR if you go to another LEDE/OpenWrt flavor OR go back to Stock firmware.

So I figure something else is going on in your environment?

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.  Through the use of some other helpful threads I Googled, I got it mostly disabled.  I thought it would be nicer, more convenient, and more efficient if it was left out of the code.  I've been following this thread and noticed the fun you've been having getting them built lately.  Just thought I'd ask.  ;-)

I am currently compiling my own build based on your config.seed file but with ipv6 disabled.  Thanks again for all your hard work!

(Last edited by starrbuck on 8 Oct 2017, 04:38)

Hi david,

I noticed your latest build for WRT3200 doesn't have the latest firmware 9.3.8, the current build has 9.3.7.

It would be great to give the newest firmware a go on the newest LEDE version.

rs.se wrote:

Hi david,

I noticed your latest build for WRT3200 doesn't have the latest firmware 9.3.8, the current build has 9.3.7.

The builds won't have it until it has been pushed to trunk or at least a commit on Kaloz's site, and from what I understand it shouldn't be too much longer before that happens.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 8 Oct 2017, 04:08)

davidc502 wrote:
rs.se wrote:

Hi david,

The builds won't have it until it has been pushed to trunk or at least a commit on Kaloz's site, and from what I understand it shouldn't be too much longer before that happens.

@david
I know you were talking about a new build this weekend. Have not seen, which is no problem as r4901 is running well for me. Maybe you are waiting for the firmware update?

bill1228 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
rs.se wrote:

Hi david,

@david
I know you were talking about a new build this weekend. Have not seen, which is no problem as r4901 is running well for me. Maybe you are waiting for the firmware update?

I've been working on it over the weekend and r5017 just finished. I've just flashed the router, and will test for a couple of hours before uploading it to the server.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 8 Oct 2017, 16:33)

davidc502 wrote:
bill1228 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

@david

I've been working on it over the weekend and r5017 just finished. I've just flashed the router, and will test for a couple of hours before uploading it to the server.

Wow! Even testing. wink
Thanks for the update.

bill1228 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
bill1228 wrote:

@david

Wow! Even testing. wink
Thanks for the update.

Yeah, I kinda have to test after the last build from yesterday..... talk about broken... lmao

Anyhow, this looks good so far and if you want to grab it now, feel free > https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/sn … u/generic/

Already grabbed and installed on my wrt3200. Install went fine using backup from r4901. Only issue I had was one PC needed to be restarted to connect to the 5GHz channel (149). Has happened before with this one. Has a Ralink USB wireless NIC. It does have the latest drivers from Ralink on it before someone asks.  Adblock screen comes up as expected this time.

Will update if I have issues.

(Last edited by bill1228 on 8 Oct 2017, 18:00)

bill1228 wrote:

Already grabbed and installed on my wrt3200. Install went fine using backup from r4901. Only issue I had was one PC needed to be restarted to connect to the 5GHz channel (149). Has happened before with this one. Has a Ralink USB wireless NIC. It does have the latest drivers from Ralink on it before someone asks.  Adblock screen comes up as expected this time.

I lost internet connectivity after about 2 hours, and nothing in the logs to indicate a issue.  Maybe a fluke??? I'll have to sit on this a while longer.

*EDIT*  Ended up having to reboot. I should have bounced the outside interface first, but didn't think about it.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 8 Oct 2017, 18:22)

davidc502 wrote:
bill1228 wrote:

I lost internet connectivity after about 2 hours, and nothing in the logs to indicate a issue.  Maybe a fluke??? I'll have to sit on this a while longer.

*EDIT*  Ended up having to reboot. I should have bounced the outside interface first, but didn't think about it.

Might be something hinky and not effect everyone. I have been up for 3 hours 15 minutes without loss of Internet. Will be streaming later this eve and will know for sure then I guess. In my case I am on Comcrap with their, soon to be replaced, modem. Both IP4 and 6 enabled. My intermittent Internet issues went away with the modem replacement awhile back.

Will let you know if I have issues. I tend at times to be on the bleeding edge and sometimes have gotten bitten. wink

(Last edited by bill1228 on 8 Oct 2017, 21:11)

@david
Well went back to r4901. Had weird issue with dns lookup failing. Was browsing web sites and all of a sudden got a cannot lookup message. From command prompt could ping by IP address, but not by name multiple sites. Nothing unusual in logs. Rebooted router and same thing. Only thing I did prior to this was to disable dnscrypt. Maybe that was the issue? Has never caused issues before. Did not go any further as you indicated that you were having issues and this build would probably not make it to being published. Now back on r4901.

What I get for being on the bleeding edge. wink

(Last edited by bill1228 on 8 Oct 2017, 21:39)

bill1228 wrote:

@david
Well went back to r4901. Had weird issue with dns lookup failing. Was browsing web sites and all of a sudden got a cannot lookup message. From command prompt could ping by IP address, but not by name multiple sites. Nothing unusual in logs. Rebooted router and same thing. Only thing I did prior to this was to disable dnscrypt. Maybe that was the issue? Has never caused issues before. Did not go any further as you indicated that you were having issues and this build would probably not make it to being published. Now back on r4901.

No more issues here since the blip earlier today... Still testing though.

davidc502 wrote:
bill1228 wrote:

@david

No more issues here since the blip earlier today... Still testing though.

Am thinking I may have disabled dnsmasq rather then dnscrypt. They are close on the list. Of course I thought about it now. Will try to get window and reinstall.

Reinstalled r5017. Think the issue I had may have been self induced. ;(

Running fine with what I was wanting to do with dnscrypt before. 

Hinky in this case was probably me. ;(

Will update if issues of course.

bill1228 wrote:

Reinstalled r5017. Think the issue I had may have been self induced. ;(

Running fine with what I was wanting to do with dnscrypt before. 

Hinky in this case was probably me. ;(

Will update if issues of course.

Appreciate the testing none the less.

I've gone ahead and built r5032 since it contained another kernel bump.  Testing it now. If all is good, will put it up on the server around  10pm.

OK. If early enough will install, if not Monday sometime. R5017 is running fine and streaming without Internet issues.

It's been running for about an hour now without any issues, so I've uploaded the builds to the server ===  r5032

What's new?..... Security Patches and Multiple kernel bumps.

Currently building 4.4x as it also has multiple kernel bumps and security patches as well.

yuhhaurlin should be pushing a firmware update for 88W8964 (separate of the wifi driver) sometime this week. Once pushed, there will be new builds pushed to the server. I believe only 3200acm owners will benefit.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 9 Oct 2017, 02:52)

Installed r5032 on the wrt3200. Install went fine and is up and running. Only a few minutes so too early to say is there are any issues for me.

r5032 software dist config is running under 5017 snapshot for distro.

src/gz reboot_core [snip]/snapshots/r5017/targets/mvebu/generic/packages

The snapshot is working great though!

(Last edited by rs.se on 9 Oct 2017, 06:45)

Sorry, posts 3501 to 3500 are missing from our archive.