OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

beginner67890 wrote:
jsosmond wrote:

I don't recall having had these problems with the stock firmware, as I used it for about 2 months before installing OpenWRT. I never reverted back to stock because I found that my workaround worked well enough and I preferred to keep the features that OpenWRT provides.

edit: I have gone back to stock before, when I was troubleshooting and switching between different builds.

I would suspect the Win7 wired network config. Maybe static IP address not provisioned by the router or something else in the Win7 networking setup.

The same symptoms happen on the Win10 machine as well, except the Win10 machine also has a WiFi NIC, and when I switch to Wifi on that machine the symptoms go away.

beginner67890 wrote:

I would suspect the Win7 wired network config. Maybe static IP address not provisioned by the router or something else in the Win7 networking setup.

I don't think so, you lost connectivity quite fast in this case.

I see situations similar to this before, so i can suggest to try this:
1. Win7 well-known of it's ipv6 incompatibility. Disable ipv6 on wired NIC and see what happened.
2. Some network adapters, all-time-bugged Atheros especially, can be simple incompatible to others. Try to play with NIC drivers (upgrade to latest or downgrade to early).
3. Sometimes, devices can make real ARP-storm at the network - i have a situation before, then 5 Linksys AP devices trashed all wired network segment completely. So, keep you eye at ARP list at the router - look for wired/strange entries there (it's under /status/routes in LUCI).

I think p1 is most probably the source of this problem.

(Last edited by T-Troll on 2 Oct 2017, 07:51)

jsosmond wrote:

However, weird things happen when using the wired connection that do not happen on the Wifi connection: occasionally websites will fail to load, downloading large files will start, and then slowdown and completely stop: example, trying to download a iso from ubuntu.com or getfedora.com.

Be sure to check the default routing settings. Having the ethernet and wireless active can cause routing problems. I have very little Windows experience and prefer the easier-to-use linux.

The iso files should solve the problem by either installing the linux in a dual boot configuration along side the Windows or by just making a live USB or DVD to run the linux for testing. Then you can see if the problem is with the Windows or with the router.

If you are a real linux power user then you might like the amazing www.voidlinux.eu dist.

davidc502 wrote:
vadimtk wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

For 3200ACM owners:  Those running LEDE, please report back any wifi issues you experience -- Specifically looking for any crashes, and logs.

I do not have any crashes, but in the log I see a lot

[172531.951740] ieee80211 phy0: staid 4 deleted
[174184.583786] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted
[174365.114226] ieee80211 phy0: staid 4 deleted
[176197.890377] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted
[178028.038323] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted
[179916.175254] ieee80211 phy1: staid 1 deleted
[182384.353250] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted
[189325.759895] ieee80211 phy1: staid 6 deleted
[189330.059104] ieee80211 phy0: staid 6 deleted
[196303.226159] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted
[199668.715951] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted
[202758.748634] ieee80211 phy1: staid 6 deleted
[202762.312706] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted
[202792.852246] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted
[204135.227398] ieee80211 phy0: staid 4 deleted
[204688.647262] ieee80211 phy0: staid 4 deleted
[206392.198145] ieee80211 phy0: staid 4 deleted
[207841.186369] ieee80211 phy0: staid 2 deleted

Is this fine or something wrong?

I've seen those in the logs for some time now, but haven't seen a direct problem because of them.

@starcms < Would you happen to know what they mean?

l believe they started appearing on the WRT3200ACM when commits were added to support more BSSIDs.  If they are by themself, with no other errors or issues, I'd ignore it.

I don't see it on my 1200AC.

While setuping openvpn server, I get error "-ash: build-ca: not found"  Should I use other repository?
I have wrt3200acm. Repo:

src/gz reboot_core //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/targets/mvebu/generic/packages
src/gz reboot_base //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/base
src/gz reboot_darkmatter //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/darkmatter
src/gz reboot_luci //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/luci
src/gz reboot_packages //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages
src/gz reboot_routing //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/routing
src/gz reboot_telephony //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/telephony
Ihor_Kiev wrote:

While setuping openvpn server, I get error "-ash: build-ca: not found"  Should I use other repository?
I have wrt3200acm. Repo:

src/gz reboot_core //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/targets/mvebu/generic/packages
src/gz reboot_base //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/base
src/gz reboot_darkmatter //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/darkmatter
src/gz reboot_luci //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/luci
src/gz reboot_packages //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages
src/gz reboot_routing //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/routing
src/gz reboot_telephony //davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r4901/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/telephony

The repo is good. What's changed are the commands used to setting up OpenVPN.  I believe the LEDE website has some good information about what commands to use.

jsosmond wrote:

Hi all. I've been having a persistent issue with OpenWRT/LEDE on my AC1200, and I haven't had much luck at all with determining a cause, partly because it's so difficult to come up with a successful search that describes my issues. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

Wifi works perfectly, absolutely no issues there. The wired connection however, doesn't work perfectly, and it doesn't work perfectly in some weird ways that make me think the issue is with the router. It connects without issue at 1Gps, both on a Win10 desktop machine and a Win7 desktop machine, both with hardware less than 3 years old. Both machines and the router are on UPS battery-backed outlets. Each machine will connect to the network instantly, find all network devices, initiate file transfers to each other and to a NAS, and for the most part, surf the internet with no problems. However, weird things happen when using the wired connection that do not happen on the Wifi connection: occasionally websites will fail to load, downloading large files will start, and then slowdown and completely stop: example, trying to download a iso from ubuntu.com or getfedora.com. File transfers between machines aren't "smooth", they run at the max rate for a few seconds, then come to a stop for a few seconds, then run at the max rate, come to stop, etc. What makes it weirder is that if several transfers are running concurrently, they all work. Example: download an iso from ubuntu.com, wait for it to come to a stop, then start a test at speedtest.net, and the ubuntu transfer will start again, only to stop when the speedtest completes. Then start a file transfer between machines, and the iso download will start again. There are no issues like this when using the Wifi connection on the Windows 10 machine, or any other device that connects via Wifi.

This problem has persisted pretty much ever since I installed OpenWRT on this router about 9 months ago, across several different official and 3rd party builds. It took me a while at first to actually notice and figure out what was going on, and when I found out that my Win10 machine worked fine over Wifi, I put it on the back burner for a few months as it wasn't something that was really noticeable for the person using the Win7 machine which has only wired ethernet. Now, the Win7 machine's use case has changed and I need to get this issue sorted out.

The router is a WRT1200ACv2, and it's currently on Davidc502's 09/22 LEDE build, but like I said, this has persisted across multiple OpenWRT and LEDE builds, including NVRAM wipes and running with default settings. Any suggestions?

Update: I borrowed a laptop also with Windows 10 to test, and when connecting to the wired network it worked as expected without issues. Dug deeper into what was different between the laptop and the two desktop machines, and found out that both the desktop machines used Reatek NICs while the laptop used an Intel NIC. Working from the reasoning that there might be an incompatible driver setting on the Realtek NICs, I made sure both were updated to the latest available version, and then disabled all possible options in the advanced driver preferences. Both Realtek NICs then operated as expected, with full speed uninterrupted internet downloads and full speed local file sharing. I then re-enabled each option individually and tested for the effect, and found the offending option to be "Energy Efficient Ethernet". Re-enabled all options with that one disabled, and now everything works as expected on both machines.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

jsosmond wrote:
jsosmond wrote:

Hi all. I've been having a persistent issue with OpenWRT/LEDE on my AC1200, and I haven't had much luck at all with determining a cause, partly because it's so difficult to come up with a successful search that describes my issues. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

Wifi works perfectly, absolutely no issues there. The wired connection however, doesn't work perfectly, and it doesn't work perfectly in some weird ways that make me think the issue is with the router. It connects without issue at 1Gps, both on a Win10 desktop machine and a Win7 desktop machine, both with hardware less than 3 years old. Both machines and the router are on UPS battery-backed outlets. Each machine will connect to the network instantly, find all network devices, initiate file transfers to each other and to a NAS, and for the most part, surf the internet with no problems. However, weird things happen when using the wired connection that do not happen on the Wifi connection: occasionally websites will fail to load, downloading large files will start, and then slowdown and completely stop: example, trying to download a iso from ubuntu.com or getfedora.com. File transfers between machines aren't "smooth", they run at the max rate for a few seconds, then come to a stop for a few seconds, then run at the max rate, come to stop, etc. What makes it weirder is that if several transfers are running concurrently, they all work. Example: download an iso from ubuntu.com, wait for it to come to a stop, then start a test at speedtest.net, and the ubuntu transfer will start again, only to stop when the speedtest completes. Then start a file transfer between machines, and the iso download will start again. There are no issues like this when using the Wifi connection on the Windows 10 machine, or any other device that connects via Wifi.

This problem has persisted pretty much ever since I installed OpenWRT on this router about 9 months ago, across several different official and 3rd party builds. It took me a while at first to actually notice and figure out what was going on, and when I found out that my Win10 machine worked fine over Wifi, I put it on the back burner for a few months as it wasn't something that was really noticeable for the person using the Win7 machine which has only wired ethernet. Now, the Win7 machine's use case has changed and I need to get this issue sorted out.

The router is a WRT1200ACv2, and it's currently on Davidc502's 09/22 LEDE build, but like I said, this has persisted across multiple OpenWRT and LEDE builds, including NVRAM wipes and running with default settings. Any suggestions?

Update: I borrowed a laptop also with Windows 10 to test, and when connecting to the wired network it worked as expected without issues. Dug deeper into what was different between the laptop and the two desktop machines, and found out that both the desktop machines used Reatek NICs while the laptop used an Intel NIC. Working from the reasoning that there might be an incompatible driver setting on the Realtek NICs, I made sure both were updated to the latest available version, and then disabled all possible options in the advanced driver preferences. Both Realtek NICs then operated as expected, with full speed uninterrupted internet downloads and full speed local file sharing. I then re-enabled each option individually and tested for the effect, and found the offending option to be "Energy Efficient Ethernet". Re-enabled all options with that one disabled, and now everything works as expected on both machines.

Great Find!!  Every once in a blue moon we have someone who describes wired ethernet issues similar to what you have described, and have wondered if the router was defective.....

Here is some reading about the feature -->  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy-Efficient_Ethernet

I also wonder if the internal switch supports IEEE 802.3az.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 3 Oct 2017, 19:23)

jsosmond wrote:
jsosmond wrote:

I have the same problem! My server uses two NICs to connect to my 1900ACS, and it happens both use Realtek chips. I don't have the issue wired or otherwise with any other machines on my network.

davidc502 wrote:
floydburgermcdahm wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

For 3200ACM owners:  Those running LEDE, please report back any wifi issues you experience -- Specifically looking for any crashes, and logs.

r4901 has been up and running for 8 days now on my 3200, rock solid, no crashes, logs are clean.

Same here no issues.....

And same on my 1200 for the last 10 days.

regadpellagru wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
floydburgermcdahm wrote:

r4901 has been up and running for 8 days now on my 3200, rock solid, no crashes, logs are clean.

Same here no issues.....

And same on my 1200 for the last 10 days.

The wrt3200 has been rock solid for 8 days running r4901. No issues of any kind.

Hello!  I have a very strange issue.

I have a single SSID broadcasting on both 2.4 and 5GHz frequencies.  I have a printer that connects using 2.4 as that's all it supports.  That printer is unreachable via other clients on the same 2.4Ghz frequency.  However, my clients on 5Ghz have no problem accessing the printer.  So my laptop (5Ghz) can print to the printer with no problems, but my daughter's laptop (2.4Ghz) cannot.

My first thought was I must have set the "Isolate clients" advanced setting, but that's unchecked on both frequencies.

Is this some sort of bug?  I recall it being discussed weeks, if not months, ago.  It's been driving me CRAZY trying to find a solution other than buying either a new printer or new laptops.  smile

I'm running a WRT1900AC with Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r4901-ab26fc6c8d / LuCI Master (git-17.260.43176-678c15c).

//Brew

Hi when will we be getting the new build with the update to dnsmasq?

tapper wrote:

I should be able to start working on it tonight... depending on how that goes, it could be as early as tonight.

Hi David I've just updated my 1900ACS router to the latest version however I'm not able to install mosquitto-client I notice its not part of the repository any more is there a way to get it without the repository.

thanks for all your hard work.

timothyharrison2007 wrote:

Hi David I've just updated my 1900ACS router to the latest version however I'm not able to install mosquitto-client I notice its not part of the repository any more is there a way to get it without the repository.

mosquitto-client-ssl_1.4.14-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk was in the previous build, so that tells me it failed to compile on the last build.

You can go back to r4707 or wait until the next build which should include it providing it completes properly.

r4707
https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/sn … u/generic/

davidc502 wrote:
tapper wrote:

I should be able to start working on it tonight... depending on how that goes, it could be as early as tonight.

Top man!

davidc502 wrote:
timothyharrison2007 wrote:

mosquitto-client-ssl_1.4.14-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk was in the previous build, so that tells me it failed to compile on the last build.

You can go back to r4707 or wait until the next build which should include it providing it completes properly.

I've returned to the previous build thanks for the quick reply.

tapper wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
tapper wrote:

Top man!

Just kicked it off... There have been issues compiling this past month, and hopefully enough time has gone by and the issues resolved...

The last two builds have been built from the old 1090T system where only 1 processor was used...  So this time it's been started on the Ryzen system with -j12, so it is a wait and see.

It's already died.... Dropped it back to -j1 V=s and trying again.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 7 Oct 2017, 02:18)

Brewder wrote:

I have a printer that connects using 2.4 as that's all it supports.  That printer is unreachable via other clients on the same 2.4Ghz frequency.  However, my clients on 5Ghz have no problem accessing the printer.
//Brew

Seems like you have "Isolate client" enabled - check in advanced wifi settings.

T-Troll wrote:
Brewder wrote:

I have a printer that connects using 2.4 as that's all it supports.  That printer is unreachable via other clients on the same 2.4Ghz frequency.  However, my clients on 5Ghz have no problem accessing the printer.
//Brew

Seems like you have "Isolate client" enabled - check in advanced wifi settings.

This was the first thing I checked.. it is NOT checked on either radio...

@david

Hi. Can i skip build/s when updating?

(Last edited by benjie413 on 7 Oct 2017, 17:20)

benjie413 wrote:

@david

Hi. Can i skip build/s when updating?

Yes, no problem.