OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Build for WNDR3700/WNDR3800

The content of this topic has been archived between 9 Jul 2013 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

has anybody here established a successful ipsec vpn using the trunk build? I've installed the official trunk build on my router and can connect to vpn but only see the device. I can not access the lan or internet. I had it working with AA build so I don't think it is firewall issue. I read somewhere that there is an issue with the ipsec-tools that doesn't forward the ipsec packets. Anybody knows about this issue?
appreciate your help

hey hnyman, i was wondering if you could take a look into this https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/14076 and eventually implement the proposed patches, if you deem it worthwhile.
it's been broken for moths and apparently is still not fixed in trunk.

thanks smile

Manp wrote:

hey hnyman, i was wondering if you could take a look into this https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/14076 and eventually implement the proposed patches, if you deem it worthwhile.

Sorry, after a quick glance it looks like those underlying "layer7 filter" patches have been rolled on since kernel 2.6.x and only line numbers changed so that they compile. There are still kernel version checks against minor 2.6.x revisions, which is rather weird. Similarly, when googling for "netfilter layer7" etc., the found items mostly reference to kernel 2.4 and 2.6. So, I am not quite sure if the underlying code is supposed to work with the current kernels. Nobody has probably really checked that it works with the current 3.10+ kernels. The patches proposed in the Openwrt bug have also raised negative comments. They might require major overhaul. I don't need the functionality, so I have no intention to use time for that.

ok, thanks

I see 6relay has been removed. An oversight?

6relay was replaced by odhcpv6 or odhcp dunno - basically the same codebase but some stuff extra

Manani wrote:

I see 6relay has been removed. An oversight?

zloop wrote:

6relay was replaced by odhcpv6 or odhcp dunno - basically the same codebase but some stuff extra

By odhcpd.
https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/39309

Currently it offers the same stuff as 6relayd did, but might be later modified to replace also dnsmasq on the ipv4 side. At least the documentation hints to that direction.
https://github.com/sbyx/odhcpd

Thank you!
The ipv6 test is bad on my lan.

Manani wrote:

??? Didn't quite understand you, but you might need to match the previous 6relayd config in the new odhcpd config embedded in /etc/config/dhcp

EDIT: corrected the config file

Note which default settings the uci-defaults script  (can be seen as /rom/etc/uci-defaults/odhcpd.defaults in a running system after a boot) tries to set.

(Last edited by hnyman on 25 Jan 2014, 19:03)

hnyman wrote:
Manani wrote:

??? Didn't quite understand you, but you might need to match the previous 6relayd config in the new odhcpd config embedded in /etc/config/dhcp

EDIT: corrected the config file

Note which default settings the uci-defaults script  (can be seen as /rom/etc/uci-defaults/odhcpd.defaults in a running system after a boot) tries to set.

LAN interface does not get public ipv6, i can see public ipv6 only on wan interface.
This is certainly a feature of native 6rd configuration. So I will continue my investigations.

(Last edited by Manani on 25 Jan 2014, 19:38)

Manani wrote:

LAN interface does not get public ipv6, i can see public ipv6 only on wan interface.
This is certainly a feature of native 6rd configuration. So I will continue my investigations.

Check that odhcpd related settings have been applied.

This is how my /etc/config/dhcp looks with the default odhcpd settings. Note that the lan section gets 3 new lines. Additionally, the defaults use wan6 as master, so you probably need to make sure that it gets an address?

config 'dhcp' 'lan'
        option 'interface' 'lan'
        option 'start' '100'
        option 'limit' '150'
        option 'leasetime' '12h'
        option dhcpv6 'hybrid'
        option ra 'hybrid'
        option ndp 'hybrid'

config odhcpd 'odhcpd'
        option maindhcp '0'
        option leasefile '/tmp/hosts/odhcpd'
        option leasetrigger '/usr/sbin/odhcpd-update'

config dhcp 'wan6'
        option dhcpv6 'hybrid'
        option ra 'hybrid'
        option ndp 'hybrid'
        option master '1'

If you don't find solution, ask CyrusFF in the 6rd thread.

(Last edited by hnyman on 25 Jan 2014, 19:47)

I have exactly the same settings.
I will do some tests again and possibly I will ask to Cyrus.
Thank you again.

Hello hnyman,
I'm running on a WNDR3700v2 OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r37518 patched with overclocking and compiled by Arokh.
I would like to switch to one of Barrier Breaker trunk version compiled by you, but I have some questions before doing it:
1. Can I simply flash one of your sysupgrade.bin files from the Luci interface of my current version? or do I have to upgrade firmware using tftp?
2. Are firmwares compiled by you patched with the overclock?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Sergio

sergiosatellite wrote:

1. Can I simply flash one of your sysupgrade.bin files from the Luci interface of my current version? or do I have to upgrade firmware using tftp?
2. Are firmwares compiled by you patched with the overclock?

1. Yes, you can just use a sysupgrade.bin file.
2. No, there is no overclocking in my builds

(Last edited by hnyman on 26 Jan 2014, 18:06)

mr_wndr wrote:

has anybody here established a successful ipsec vpn using the trunk build? I've installed the official trunk build on my router and can connect to vpn but only see the device. I can not access the lan or internet. I had it working with AA build so I don't think it is firewall issue. I read somewhere that there is an issue with the ipsec-tools that doesn't forward the ipsec packets. Anybody knows about this issue?
appreciate your help

here is the link to the ticket I was referring to : https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/14141

(Last edited by mr_wndr on 26 Jan 2014, 19:47)

Hello hnyman,
I upgraded my WNDR3700v2 from Arokh 37518 to your last build 39399. Thanks for your answer to my questions.
Now I would like to add a new interface in order to use my Huawei E392 UMTS/LTE internet key in order to have a backup access in Internet in case of failure of the main WAN ADSL br-lan.
I created via Luci a new interface with following parameters:
Protocol: UMTS/GPRS/EV-DO
Modem device: /dev/ttyS0
Service Type: UMTS only
APN: APN of my provider
PIN: blank (not used with my sim)
PAP/CHAP username: blank (not used by my provider)
PAP/CHAP password: blank (not used by my provider)

Unfortunately I cannot get any connection by the key.
Is there any further configuration to be performed?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Regards

Sergio

sergiosatellite wrote:

Protocol: UMTS/GPRS/EV-DO
Modem device: /dev/ttyS0
Service Type: UMTS only
APN: APN of my provider

Where did you get that ttyS0 ?
I do not currently have an USB 3G connection, but last time when I had, it was /dev/ttyUSB2 that worked for me. You might have to test with several ttyUSBx ports to find the correct one.

Did your 3G connection work with Arokh's build, or this is a completely new connection?

When I have 3G connection, these settings worked for me:

config interface 'usb3g'
        option proto '3g'
        option device '/dev/ttyUSB2'
        option service 'umts'
        option apn 'internet'
        option pincode '1234'

If you compare the contents of the /dev directory before inserting the USB key and after, you probably see which tty device was created. There should also be info in the system log. ttyS0 sounds wrong in any case.

(Last edited by hnyman on 26 Jan 2014, 20:54)

6rd ok.
I do not know what really happened, everything is OK after nth installation.

hnyman wrote:
sergiosatellite wrote:

Where did you get that ttyS0 ?
I do not currently have an USB 3G connection, but last time when I had, it was /dev/ttyUSB2 that worked for me. You might have to test with several ttyUSBx ports to find the correct one.

Did your 3G connection work with Arokh's build, or this is a completely new connection?

If you compare the contents of the /dev directory before inserting the USB key and after, you probably see which tty device was created. There should also be info in the system log. ttyS0 sounds wrong in any case.

Never tried before with Arokh build.
Made some tests with various configs.
Will go ahead with more test.
Do you think there are other packages not included in the standard build which need to be installed?
Thanks
Regards
Sergio

hey,

completly new woth this. i've got my netgear 3700v2 working with vlans for iptv and internet.
now i'am running the trunk version. can i just update a new build over the build i'm running?

raydekok wrote:

i'am running the trunk version. can i just update a new build over the build i'm running?

Yes.

Hello,
starting test for IPv6 on my router.
Unfortunately my provider is only providing a Gatway6 server.
I already downloaded and started successfully gw6c package.
Server assigned an IPv6 address /64 to my lan. Now questions:
1. What about WAN IPv6?
2. Is there any setting to be done in order to get the IPv& gw6c tunnel working 100%

I'm quite new of IPv6 so need help in understanding how it works.

Regards

Sergio

Hi everybody,
continuing my test on IPv6 via gw6c:
- installed gw6c
- configured /etc/config/gw6c with data related to isp server
- started gw6c and radvd
- server assigning to router IPv6 /64 address to br-lan
- connected router via ssh and pinged ipv6-google.com. It works
- router assigned to my win 8.1 desktop ipv6 address, gateway and dns server.
Unfortunately pinging  from desktop ipv6-google.com does not work.
Status of the desktop ethernet interface is stating IPv6 connectivity: No internet access
Any idea to help me? I do not understand why there is no internet connectivity DHCPv6 seems to work.....

Waitng any help
Thanks
Sergio

(Last edited by sergiosatellite on 29 Jan 2014, 00:48)

sergiosatellite wrote:

continuing my test on IPv6 via gw6c:
- installed gw6c
- started gw6c and radvd

Not quite sure where your problem lies, as you have a rather non-standard config. My build has natively neither gw6c nor radvd, which has been superseded first by 6relayd and then by odhcpd (which is included in the build). You might have double ra/dhcpv6 services in LAN, if both odhcpd and radvd are active.

First guess is that your PC only gets a link-local ipv6 address and not a public ipv6 address. Probably due to misconfiguration of radvd or odhcpd.

As your config is rather exotic (gw6c and radvd), you should maybe open a separate own thread for specific questions, as otherwise you might not get advice from the people knowing about those, (and I don't want this thread to degenerate into a generic help thread, which is what happened to Arokh's.)

hnyman wrote:

Not quite sure where your problem lies, as you have a rather non-standard config. My build has natively neither gw6c nor radvd, which has been superseded first by 6relayd and then by odhcpd (which is included in the build). You might have double ra/dhcpv6 services in LAN, if both odhcpd and radvd are active.

hnyman it was not my intention to to out of the thread scope. I'm quite new to the IPv6 and do not know all the possibility.
I would like to posibly use odhcp with the gateway6 server of my provider. I do not want to have "exotic" configurations.
I like stable and featured configurations.
Can you or someone else confirm that odhcp can be configured with a g6 server?
Thansk and regards
Sergio