Can anybody please explain how do dual-partitions work on ZyXEL GS1900?
I read the instructions for
and my assumptions are:
- Both partitions have ZyXEL OS and are used when upgrading as failover when the upgrade fails / new version doesn't boot
tftpboot 0x84f00000 ...kernel.binloads the whole OS into RAM - doesn't touch persistent storage
*kernel.binre-flashes first partition on the persistent storage
If you can tell me please:
- How do I check that my ZyXEL 8/10/24... is a dual partition device?
- What would happen if I didn't set
setsys bootpartition 0? Would it just possibly boot wrong OS? In this case ZyXEL OS on second partition instead of OpenWrt on first? Or does this setting also specify where
- How do I tell U-Boot to boot second partition when for example OpenWrt on first partition doesn't work?
- Is it possible to flash OpenWrt to both partitions and manually select to boot second partition?