Xiaomi AX3600 INT firmware

hey guys

this is my first post so please excuse me if I miss something.

I installed the EU firmware and changed CountryCode to CN as well as patched the bdata to be "CN" as well.

Now I can start Mi Wifi App login to my (german) mi account, change the region to CN and the router is found and I can login and the devices are shown however when I try to "do" anything with them it tells me it cant connect to the router, it also shows "offline" on the main screen.

How can I get my router back to work? I once havent "unpaired" it from my german account, might that be the issue? I checked my DNS and there isnt a block or sth to miui.

Rob

Hello, Can you give me the lines to add to repack-squashfs.sh to use this IoT antenna. I want to create an Iot antenna visible on my network and then add a relay. Thank you

The lines are in my first post above on this matter. You will have to add them yourself or put a pause in the repack script so you can manually edit as I haven’t built it in.

However, esfg has posted a custom Qualcomm build of the ax3600 which might be the better solution to all of this in another thread.

Is there any way to get permanent changes made by SSH in this firmware? I need to modify /etc/config/network in AX3600 but after rebooting a tagged port (wan) losses the tag in the configuration file.

A line like

option ifname 'eth1.6'

is changed to

option ifname 'eth1'

Many thanks in advance

1 Like

Hey folks,

I'm not sure if I understood right, but the stock Global firmware doesn't run at the device's maximum power over wifi, is that right?
I've noticed that my cellphone has a terrible time maintaining connection when it's on my lap, under the table. With my old TP-Link Archer AC1750 I had no issues on that regard.

I've read a couple of stuff regarding enabling SSH and editing a couple of files, but I couldn't figure if those actually made a difference, or if it's just tinkering.
Is there currently a way to use the chinese firmware in English, or use the global firmware with the chinese "unlocks"?

Hey, care to explain how you managed to use Global firmware and have AX3600 full performance?

I've looked at the link you listed, but I found it a bit confusing at times. Sometimes it seems he's instructing how to do something, other times it seems he's just proving that something is indeed what it is. Then he says to run stuff like if were as easy as turning on a light switch... I got lost quite a bit, and I consider myself pretty tech knowledgeable lol

Could you do a simple explanation about what's needed to be done?

I just ordered a second ax3600 to do mesh. I got the latest xiaomi1.1.12.ubi from right.com.cn. Could I create the mesh with this ?

I see that you are several to click on the link of "right-com-cn" I give you the complete link. To recover the files I used this . The link for download tuto download baidu without login. The baidu account link should be formatted this way with Chinese characters 链接: https://xxxxx.xx/s/xxxx 提取码: xxxx

@efsg I have successfully completed the switch to QSDK.

1. How to activate the IoT antenna?
  2. Do you have a xiaomi.3.0.22.ubi in stock?
  3. Last thing how to add a mesh node?
    thanks

I'm also interested in that. Because as soon as I switch to INT firmware my max txpower is 16dBm, no matter what country I set up in nvram / wifi / iw reg set XX (tried multiple countries from CN, to DE). So on INT firmware following iwinfo wl0 txpowerlist always list max 16dBm, and as soon as I'm on China firmware (currently on latest 1.1.15) same command gives me max 30dBm for both 5GHz and 2.4GHz and signal is much stronger.

Likely, they actually do the right thing as that device most possibly never ever got any kind of FCC approval or anything. Well likely it didn't even get any Chinese approval either but those folks just don't care...

Yes, but it's strange because 1000 mW (30 dBm) should be allowed in EU on channels >100 and there isn't a way to achieve that with global firmware, at least I didn't find a way so for now I'm stuck with China version.

I have managed to fix that! I forgot to post back.

I followed this russian tutorial:
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?act=findpost&pid=100742948&anchor=Spoil-100742948-6

You can easily use google translate and follow the commands there.
I used a Ubuntu live-CD on a virtual machine to run the commands, because I felt more comfortable there, but you can run everything from Windows if you want.

Basically you will:

• Connect through cable
  • Get SSH through the 1.1.17 firmware
  • Extract your bdata
  • Generate your stock root password
  • Change your extracted bdata country (I've used DE instead of CN, as it seems more powerful)
  • Flash the crash partition in order to allow modifications on the router's bdata partition
  • Flash the modified bdata partition to your router, reboot
  • Clear the crash partition in order to have wi-fi back
  • Reset the settings through the UI
  • Enable SSH access again through Telnet
  • Change SSH password for something you remember

Then, after that:

• Update to Global
  • Select a country that allows high power (I'm using DE, as it's more powerful than CN)

I'm running that and I have powerful 5GHz wifi everywhere I go in my home, whereas previously, I'd lose 5GHz connectivity after two rooms, or even if I lowered my phone under the table a wall away from the router. It was shamefully weak.

If you need help following this tutorial I linked above, feel free to ask your questions.

1 Like

Thanks for instructions, but I'm not sure if bdata is problem here. Because bdata is same for me on China and on INT firmware:

root@XiaoQiang:~# bdata show
color=101
CountryCode=EU
SN=XXXX/E0RVXXXX
model=R3600
miot_did=XXXX
miot_key=XXXX
telnet_en=0
ssh_en=0
uart_en=0
wl0_ssid=Xiaomi_XXXX_5G
wl1_ssid=Xiaomi_XXXX
wl2_ssid=Xiaomi_XXXX

So I have CountryCode=EU in both firmwares in bdata, it's just on China 30dBm tx power is max, and on INT it's 16dBm, really don't know why.

Once the ssh is updated and obtained, the recommendation is to put a line in /etc/rc.local before the "exit 0"

(sleep 60; iwconfig wl0 txpower 30; iwconfig wl1 txpower 30) &

1 Like

My bdata is set to "DE", although I've heard that this is not a valid code.

Truth is, I seem to have plenty of 5GHz power around the house. I'm with 866MBPS on my phone about anywhere in my home, only dropping to around 700ish when I'm relatively far away like on my laundry room -- but still connected to 5GHz network.

It's not a necessarily large apartment, sitting at 82m² (882 sq-ft) with the router sitting right in the middle of it, but it is plentifully covered by the 5GHz network.

Now, said that,if I remember well, there are "two officially recognized" bdata country codes: EU and CN. CN provides the most power. Setting your bdata to CN and having a global firmware with the country set to DE (english Mi Wifi app) or CN (chinese Mi Wifi app) will give you the best power.

Hi,

Care to share the step you added in the script to comment out these lines from the file?
I don't know how.

Thanks

Nevermind, but would still love to know how you added in the script. I ended up adding a pause in the middle of the script, so I went to the /tmp/ folder and manually edited the file lol

Also, the IoT network doesn't seem to be isolated from the actual network (even with option ap_isolate '1'). Is there a way to isolate it?

Does someone have an account on this site to retrieve the mesh plugin? I thank you, it has become imossible to create an account.

https://www.right.com.cn/forum/thread-4118559-2-2.html

Yes, you are probably right about having CN in bdata. But now with China firmware I have enough power (still within limits of ETSI - https://w.wol.ph/2015/08/28/maximum-wifi-transmission-power-country/) to have 5GHz available through my house (2 floors), It's even picked up in basement and connects on 200 MBPS which is still ok :slight_smile:
I'm using google translate when I need to configure something on router, but interface is easy to remember where is what so It's not a issue as most things are already set up.
I'll probably wait until official OpenWRT is available for our device (tried QSDK but it also have lower signal strength) and stay on China firmware until then.

Hi,

Working on my new AX3600 with 3.0.22 global firmware.

Like other people, I have some forwarded port who works (443/5000/5001) but a lot don't.

Have you find any workaround ?

If I put back my AC2100, works fine.

Regards

you can do with WINSCP this script go to /etc then open rc.local
and before exit write

For example:
uci set*network.wan.ifname='eth1.6'
uci commit
/etc/init.d/network reload
exit 0

now everytime you reboot the router it will change eth1 to eth1.6