my parents have 2 WRT3200ACM routers i gave them, both with latest build of openwrt (19.07.3). The first one connects to the internet upstairs and distributes Wifi to the 2nd floor. The second one is connected downstairs, using LAN cable from the 2nd floor, and with DHCP disabled (It has its own IP address).
The Wifi network structure is the same one both-Same SSID for both 2.4 and 5 bands, but the channels are (obviously) different in both floors. 2.4 works on 40MHZ width and the 5GHz works on 80MHZ.
The router upstairs is working fine-you can see 3 radios, with 1 disabled (the one used for radar probing with low BW).
The router downstairs has a problem-the 2.4 wifi band is up and running. The 5 band is not working (and not up). the 3rd radio (which is disabled by default) is seen.
I've made the following steps to solve the issue but the problem persists:
- Since the routers are the same in configuration (except channel) I've copy-pasted the contents of the /etc/config/wireless file from the 1st router to the 2nd using winscp with its file editor. however, when the 2nd router rebooted after the file copy, the contents has changed and reverted back to what it was prior to change.
- I flashed a brand new factory image of openwrt upgrade version to the 2nd router. after reboot-the same.
- I flashed a new factory image of openwrt squashfs new build to the 2nd router. still not working.
- i did a factory reset using the command firstboot && reboot now . no luck.
- I flashed the latest original linksys fw build (Ver. 184.108.40.206531). There, you can see the 5ghz radio as gnac (i think it's the 3rd disabled radio that is used for radar).
- I flashed david502 openwrt build.
How can i solve the issue of the 5ghz band not working at all? Also, the 160MHZ BW is not available on both routers (greyed out).