WRT1900ACS - WAN no link, although cable is connected

Hi everyone,

Recently, I've installed the latest 19.07.7 version to the Linksys WRT1900ACS. After opening, everything seems to be fine, except that I am unable to see Ethernet cable connected to WAN in Switches. I've tried altering the old Mac, but it doesn't help. Meanwhile, the firmware works smoothly, as well as direct connection.

Can anybody advise, where I can find the issue and resolve it?
If needed I can provide direct access to the router or any other information.

Thank you, any help would be appreciated.

As far as know, that screen should display a connection as soon as a cable (connected to any other working ethernet device) is plugged in. This should work independently of any network configuration.

Try with other cable, or connecting to another device, or even connecting from LAN to WAN, just to see if the status changes.

1 Like

Thank you. In fact, it really helped. I've connected WAN to LAN of another router and it worked, the screen showed the cable connected.

However, the direct connection was established only after discussion with providers support. They automatically launched 1Gbs, however it turned out that only 100 Mbs passed. It looks like the issue is somewhere on the line with twisted cables, so they've manually fixed 100 Mbs for now and it works.

Thanks again for the help.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.