Transmission always reports listening port closed?

Still not working :frowning:

Yes I am running 18.06

55%20PM

Your WAN IP is wrong.

This doesn't work either.

30%20PM

Incorrect, you added a SRC IP.

• remove that
  • change dst to any

Like this? Sorry I'm so bad at this.

12%20PM

Do not filter by source port: you do not know which port is everybody else using.

1 Like

transmission-web is still showing the port as closed :pensive:

Do I need to reboot or something?

49%20AM

1 Like

In case you did not solve it yet (screenshot from LEDE 17.01.4). But I don't remember if I fixed it for myself, for now I don't use torrent at my router.

I think I solved it, although I have no way of testing it except anecdotally. Peers are connecting better and I'm uploading more consistantly.

Anyway, transmission is still reporting the port as closed, so I don't think this bug is fixed quite yet. I'm on transmission-web 2.93-7

54%20AM

• Do you have IPv6 from your Internet Provider?
  • Is the image above from your OpenWrt router or a client in you network?

If not, it appears you actually have Transmission running on a client and not on the OpenWrt.

Yes I have IPv6. Yes the image above is from my OpenWrt router. I run transmission direct from the router.

1 Like

This issue is resolved for me on 18.06.1. Same exact configuration, works perfect. Here is the transmission version, as that likely what solved it:

transmission-daemon-openssl - 2.93-7

After I saw the last post, I reinstalled transmission on 18.06.1, but now it is worst for me, I cannot even connect with Transmission Remote GUI.
At first I installed:
luci-app-transmission
transmission-daemon-openssl
transmission-remote-openssl
and tried to set up transmission and rpc using many combinations, with no result. "Connection refused".
refused
I used both Luci>Services>Transmission and editing /etc/config/transmission.
Then I installed:
transmission-cli-openssl
transmission-web
just to be sure nothing is missing,I even changed the Run daemon as user to root, but "Conection refused".
I think some things changed in LuCI on 18.06.1 at opening ports and am not lucky with it, even connecting with Remote GUI.
The documentation is still incomplete and some times inaccurate and confusing, with missing parts. If it was different I could suggest OpenWRT to friends, but I can't.
I will be very glad is someone in the future uploads instructions, detailed, specific and helping with all aspects of the set-up, for non-expert users.

EDIT:
The reason of my trouble not connecting with Transmission Remote GUI was a stupid typo I did at /etc/config/transmission. I put
option config_dir '/etc/config/transmission'
instead of
option config_dir '/etc/transmission'
Now I connect and also the port shows open.
Thanks to all involved, first the developer(s) for the work done!

I confirm the bug for dual stack connectivity with IPv6 preferred.
Nmap online service detects port 51413/TCP as open.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.