Tp-link AX23 wrong firmware version number after reverting

Yes mate.....

You will need to use putty or whatever software you use and ssh into your router.

AFTER you reinstall US firmware, then reflash openwrt...

I'll head off to bed soon @smakib01, please if you are unsure about anything, wait for me or untill another member tells you what to do.

Don't break your router.

Oh..okay sir I understand...okay I will do it later

@smakib01

Do you know how to access dms? I don't want to pollute this thread.

I am up for 1 more hour.

@frollic quick question.
Can't someone on EU version follow this process to use the US version too? Cause I believe the only difference is number of 5Ghz channels, since when I used the AX23 (EU) with OpenWRT, all the channels were unlocked >149.
I feel the locking of channels on EU model is just in the firmware.
Or am I wrong?

I was able to enable Easymesh on my AX73 (US) and used the AX23 (EU) as mesh router. Noticed the network is connected to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz cos the 5Ghz channel on the AX73 is 155 and the AX23 EU only shows channels 38 to 45 I believe.

If they are DFS channels, you do not wanna go on them

It's illegal and can get you into trouble.

About will the revert procedure for US, @smakib01 is testing that for us.

Edit- Just general advice since I have no idea where you are from, what channels are designated as DFS, etc. research what channels are those in your country.

1 Like

From Gemini

The specific DFS channels available in Nigeria may differ slightly from those in other countries. Unfortunately, there is no definitive list readily available online.

I'm in Nigeria

*EDIT
I just checked my Tp Link. I'm on Channel 161 on my AX73 (US)

So if it's possible to move from EU to US without problems to the hardware, then I'd like to redo the 3.0.3 issue again, but this time flashing the US firmware at the end.

non EU, I assume ?

We don't know, it has to be tested.

But if the 3.0.3 is stored at the same offset, I'd give it a go.

Very bad idea, as hectae pointed out, radios are different and you can damage your hardware

1 Like

No...I don't know...how to access DMS?? And what is DMS?

I can test it tomorrow...I don't have this router on my hand today .

Direct messages,

Click those, you will see one from me, it will say CrackedPotato, click it and reply to me there.

I'll delete all this later on

@smakib01 Are you done mate? Look at my message above and lets use direct messages from here on out.

That selective picking of digits from the OpenWrt release version has nothing to do with it. The "safeloader version" is provided separately in factory images and is independent from the OpenWrt version.

Thanks for testing!

You should watch out with echo though, as by default it will append a newline to your output. Use echo -n or printf if you want more precise control. The count argument for dd is also not required if you want to use all input:

printf "1.1.0" | dd of=mtd6_dump.bin seek=198673 bs=1 conv=notrunc

The above will only replace the 5 bytes providing the version number (if the offset for seek= is correct).

5 Likes

@frollic @hecatae

Can confirm it's working on us.

And the joke is real, people actually can't exit vom

@frollic @CrackedPotato @brada4
Thank you so so much...:heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heart::heart::heart: For help me to revert to stock firmware...many many thanks..

And reset is working fine after revert

If you guys having problem with finding the latest us firmware.. you can download it from this link

2 Likes

Drop a line at wiki editors to share joy

Nice.
So basically, what you did was flash Openwrt, then ssh into your router, then used sysupgrade to flash the US firmware. and updated your router with the US firmware from TP Link.
So, moving from one region to the other was possible after all.
This was the thing I wanted to find out.
The reason I want to move to the US version is to use 5 GHz on my mesh. I need the latest V1 (US) firmware :grin: