Tp-link AX23 wrong firmware version number after reverting

Ok. I'm going to try this with the process and give an update.
Thank you so much

@canadajones how does nvrammanager find where to write the version, are they hard coded?

Yes I am still using ax23 v1.2
With stock firmware but wrong version..

Now is there any solution?
Is reset is working ???

You will have to test, what region?

Also you need to revert to open wrt for it

My router is us version...but when I flash v1.2 us version there is no speed control now I am using EU version on this router...and there is speed control...
But reset not working and version is wrong

Did you move to openwrt in between?

I would say go back to us, then back to openwrt again

Need to set up a new one next week, on the one at home I get the following error:

opkg install kmod-mtd-rw
Multiple packages (libgcc1 and libgcc1) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.
Unknown package 'kmod-mtd-rw'.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 6.6.32~b03e583c0251fd813d1cd471bebc7671-r1) for kmod-mtd-rw
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-mtd-rw found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-mtd-rw.

Not sure if I can go back to a stable image, last time there were issues when going backwards, maybe even a brick. Next week I'll have a 5.15 Kernel device or a fresh device alltogether at hand.

that, or upgrade to latest snapshot.

could also try https://openwrt.org/faq/cannot_satisfy_dependencies, instead of reflashing.

@smakib01 for you I would suggest first checking what's on those specific blocks before writing to them

Is there any fix now?

Reading isn't really your forte, is it ?

1 Like

Read everything we just said.

I am understanding what I should do now...i read but I am not understanding...I need to start from where?
Now I am in EU version..
Then what will the next step??

Go back to US to be safe.

that's a pretty big contradition.

reinstall openwrt, then Tp-link AX23 wrong firmware version number after reverting - #124 by frollic

Shouldn't he start from US? Considering its a US device?

Whatever stuff OEM does under the hood, who knows.

Not really sure it's required, trial and error, I guess.

Hmm, better be safe I guess.

Also would it be wise to show us what's stored on those specific blocks so the person doesn't accidentally overwrite something they shouldn't?

Since it hasn't been tested on US

it sure would, not sure @smakib01 is up for it though.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @frollic @CrackedPotato and everyone.
I really appreciate it

2 Likes