TP-Link Archer C6 v2 EU recover stock firmware

Hello,

could someone give me an instruction, how to recover stock OEM firmware into TP-Link Archer C6 v2 EU?
Now Im using OpenWRT 19.07.1, but Im facing poor performance on 5GHz radio, which is the reason for rollback to stock OEM firmware.
I tried to upload stock fw over LuCI and TFTP as well, but router became soft-bricked everytime.
After that, if I upload OpenWRT image over TFTP, router starts well.
I suppose, that there is something about stripping bootloader part from stock firmware, but I really don`t know, how to tho this.

Thanks

Hi there
you don't need to strip firmware because this router firmware doesn't contain uboot
just rename ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-2-1-P1[20200110-rel60119] to ArcherC6v2_tp_recovery.bin
then upload it via TFTP Server

Thanks for reply. I allready did so, and also forced 100Mbps FullDuplex connection as it is specified in router techdata page. But still the same behavior: TFTP shows popup and runs succesfully to 100%. Then router restarts and hangs on power LED steady light up and all other LEDs off.

I just made a Stripped firmware Try it via TFTP and let me know

https://cdn.uploader.win/demo/12-Feb-2020/ArcherC6v2_tp_recovery-2ba28d.bin

check it out first before doing that :point_up_2:

I made all the same as on video, but unfortunately still the same result: after restart router hangs on power LED steady light up and all other LEDs off

openwrt

Hi There
I followed this Video on Youtube and rolled back to Stock Firmware

Without any problem I tested it with My Archer C60 V2
first of all, turn off your firewall then set ip to 192.168.0.66 in LAN card, then rename your firmware to tp_recovery then upload it via TFTP Server when upload is successfully done "BE PAITIENT" for at least 60 Seconds and DO NOT DO anything untill The router restarts

I say it again,You don't need Stripped Firmware because firmwares that contain boot need to Stripped
Download Archer C6 V2(EU)
https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202001/20200123/Archer%20C6(EU)_V2_020110.zip
Rename it to ArcherC6v2_tp_recovery
that's it

Still the same. My cases:

Use of ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-2-1-P1[20200110-rel60119].bin: TFTP transfer goes well, but after restart router hangs on power LED steady light up and all other LEDs off.

Use of openwrt-19.07.1-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-c6-v2-squashfs-factory.bin: TFTP transfer goes well, and after restart router boots and works fine.

Have you found a solution for this yet?

Not so far. I suppose, that original firmware has to be stripped, but don`t know, how much.