Topton Celeron N5105 iGpu Acceleration support for docker......?

I have recently bought one x86 router from Topton having intel celeron N5105 with iGpu intel UHD.
Installed openwrt 22.03.3 x86/64
Need graphics acceleration for running Jellyfin in docker.
In dmesg , I get ....
i915 Your graphics device 4e61 is not properly supported by the driver in this kernel version. To force driver probe anyway, use i915.force_probe=4e61 module parameter or CONFIG_DRM_I915_FORCE_PROBE=4e61 configuration option,

Please help

1 Like

No, in fact, a separate driver (or probably we should call it codec?) is needed, the i915 is only for display but does nothing about video acceleration.

OP wants to use Jellyfin docker for video transcoding, as a result either VAAPI or proprietary Intel QuickSync driver required in order to do so, however I don't think OpenWrt has such packages by default (especially the Intel one since it's not open source), VAAPI compilation is possible though.....

Yes, the link says as much. I'm not sure if you're [dis]agreeing, or failed to read the entire post that was linked.

Perhaps, this post is better:

(Perhaps reading the whole thread for context, too - and the correct term, firmware.)

I do read the whole thing, yes i915 is there, but what OP (and also the OP in linked thread) is looking for another thing which is not i915, at least the mentioned /dev/dri won't come with i915. Here is someone else trying to make VAAPI on OpenWrt which is exactly what I am talking about.

1 Like

Hi , Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.
As for as I know , Jellyfin docker package comes with vaapi and quicksync (user side driver) included , so no need to compile it for openwrt ,

what I really need is Kernel side driver support for hardware acceleration.

Also I read somewhere the glibc vs musl library compatibility issue in openwrt ,
link MUSL vs GLIBC what do you prefer?
as the docker image of jellyfin used glibc where openwrt by default uses musl.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
I am a beginner , so might be wrong.

Just install Proxmox on your N5105 machine, create OpenWrt VM or LXC, and create Jellyfin LXC with acceleration, done, don't bother with OpenWrt kernel.