Titles can't have emoji!

That's so sad :cry:

Why exactly?

1 Like

well... I added a :star: to my title because that worked and now it is gone?

What's the problem with emojis and why they are allowed in the posts? :thinking:

1 Like

4 Likes

we're not 12 and this isnt farcebook, twatter or twittok.

#grumpyoldgit

8 Likes

that's why I'm asking :point_down:

however finds a emoji in your profile might keep it....

:person_facepalming:

1 Like

it is to avoid having bleeding eyes with many titles using these emojis

5 Likes

why should emojis in titles make bleeding eyes but in posts they dont? :eyes:

1 Like

Sigh. ok a technical reason might be down to the limitations of the board software.

But yes. eyebleeding due to emoji overload leads to rage, rage leads to suffering and suffering leads to the dark side.

3 Likes

It's not a software limitations. The board actually even allows to put for example only maximum one emoji in the title :bulb:

2 Likes

question still stands:

Or is this just like the immaculate conception and it's valid without any proof?

Quick Tip against eye bleeding: Regular breaks (like 10 minutes every hour) and lowering the display brightness helps wonders :raised_hands:

1 Like

most likely because a title should be a quick summary of your problem/issue and make it easier for people to help you.

If we have to translate your emoji spam in real speak then we are less inclined help or even read emoji spam.

5 Likes

well, turns out in the past emojis in the title were actually allowed and used here:

I actually like to read that title :point_up: much more than your post @mercygroundabyss (that's not essentially to the absence of emoji's in your post plainly because of your :speak_no_evil:)

1 Like

5 Likes

Looks like that was your first gif ever @mercygroundabyss! Congratulations :tada: :dancing_men:

Sometimes a gif (or emoji) can say more than thousand words :wink:

1 Like

4 Likes

1 Like

@MangoMan how do you post a gif on this forum? Share your l33t hacking skills please! :keyboard::desktop_computer::man_teacher:

2 Likes

URLs are addresses, addresses need to be typable and readable (think braille terminals for a minute - or just mild cases of colour blindness and 255 shades of pink); whoever thought RFC 3492 would be a great idea ought to rot in /dev/null as well.

3 Likes

1 Like
  • Titles ought to support emojis
  • No freakin' way should titles support emojis
  • Mangoman is trolling

0 voters

320x320

2 Likes