The OpenWrt Firmware Selector

Hi,
It appears that the TP-Link ER605 v1 is not longer selectable in the Firmware Selector.

Images are still available via direct link, however the ability to build custom images is really indispensable for me.

Assuming the removal was by design, would it be possible to the TP-Link ER605 v1 back?

1 Like

Yesterday as well as today no snapshot custom build with BananaPi BPI-R4 is possible.

Would be fantastic to have this fixed.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

SOLVED - works again

IĀ“m been having trouble "auc" upgrading a mt6000 and wrt3200acm for a couple of days, i have been jumping around releases for a couple of weeks ago with no issues

i have seen this problem before but it usually starts to work within a couple of hours..but not now..ideas?

mt6000

root@OpenWrt:~# auc -b snapshot -B snapshot
auc/0.3.2-1
Server: https://sysupgrade.openwrt.org
Running: 23.05.3 r23809-234f1a2efa on mediatek/filogic (glinet,gl-mt6000)
WARNING: cannot determing currently running branch.
Invalid argument (22)
root@OpenWrt:~# auc -b snapshot
auc/0.3.2-1
Invalid argument (22)
root@OpenWrt:~# auc -b 23.05 -B 23.05.0
auc/0.3.2-1
Invalid argument (22)

and wrt3200acm

root@OpenWrt:~# auc
auc/0.3.2-1
Running: SNAPSHOT r26006-9bc08af753 on mvebu/cortexa9 (linksys,wrt3200acm)
Invalid argument (22)
root@OpenWrt:~# auc -b snapshot -B snapshot
auc/0.3.2-1
Invalid argument (22)
root@OpenWrt:~# auc -b 23.05 -B 23.05.2
auc/0.3.2-1
Invalid argument (22)

what is wrong?

is it just me?

no, not just you
i see this all the time.
the cli tool 'auc' seems to have trouble determinining the current runnong version
if you have installed luci-app-attendedsysupgrade, try that.
it seems to much more reliably know the current version.

both tools will issue a failure message if the available upgrade verion does not mathc the advertised upgrade version, which i think happens when the buildbots have not completed poulating all the packages and dependencies for the snapshot build of interest.

For the stable version this is an absolutely useless tool. Only to upgrade to a new version, or update a snapshot. If there are updates to packages inside the branch, he does not see them and, accordingly, does not collect anything.

Is it on my end that is broken?

I haven't ever been able upgrade via Attended Sysupgrade.
It never finds anything.

Lately, auc via ssh gives:

Requesting build....Error: Received inncorrect version r26302-4f87a4d84f (requested r26300-da0cd9d764)
Bad message (74)

And now trying to build an image via the online Firmware Selector complains of this:

installed package libpcre cannot be found in remote list!

You have a package (nmap, snort, whatever) that depends on the now-removed libpcre package. You can probably get the firmware selector to work by just adding -libpcre in the custom package list options (note: that's the package name prefixed with dash - to remove it from the build packages). By removing it explicitly, the build will automatically add its replacement (libpcre2) due to the dependencies, so you don't have to do anything else.

3 Likes

Build successful

My mistake I had BOTH
libpcre, AND
libpcre2 listed.
Somehow, opkg list-installed | cut -d" " -f1
listed BOTH?

Yup! There would have been some packages depending on old libpcre and others on libpcre2, so that's not surprising. The conversion to libpcre2 was completed, so the libpcre package was dropped a couple days ago, but the update tools weren't told so they just assumed you still need it and thus the error.

2 Likes

looks like https://asu.aparcar.org/ is down? giving kubernetes.default certificate

I'm trying to create a custom NSS build of the firmware for an OnHub router. Can that be done from the firmware selector? Different source to point to?

??? What's "NSS"?

The firmware selector doesn't actually do any builds, it uses the image builders from the most recent builds to create a new image; it's all stuff you can find on downloads.openwrt.org. If you need something compiled, you're going to have to do it yourself.

Qualcomm NextGen Software Stack (NSS) - the CPU in the OnHub router can't perform up to its capabilities without it. Others have suggested I do this, but as you surmise, I don't know how.

No, you need to build from source (and do quite a bit of pulling/ merging/ rebasing/ patching).

I try to create a SNAPSHOT firmware for TP-Link R355 v1.
I got the following error:

Updated list of available packages in /builder/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ath79/../../../../builder/dl/imagebuilder
Downloading file:packages/Packages.sig
Signature check passed.
Pseudo file "dev" exists in source filesystem "/builder/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ath79/dev".
Ignoring, exclude it (-e/-ef) to override.
8398+1 records in
8398+1 records out
4299932 bytes (4.3 MB, 4.1 MiB) copied, 0.027338 s, 157 MB/s
file-system partition too big (more than 3373996 bytes): Success
stat: cannot statx '/builder/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/linux-ath79_generic/tmp/openwrt-e18340969976-ath79-generic-tplink_re355-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin': No such file or directory
bash: line 1: [: 6160384: unary operator expected
    WARNING: Image file /builder/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/linux-ath79_generic/tmp/openwrt-e18340969976-ath79-generic-tplink_re355-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin is too big:  6160384
Failed to open firmware file
sha256sum: /builder/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/linux-ath79_generic/tmp/openwrt-e18340969976-ath79-generic-tplink_re355-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/builder/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/linux-ath79_generic/tmp/openwrt-e18340969976-ath79-generic-tplink_re355-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin': No such file or directory
8398+1 records in
8398+1 records out
4299932 bytes (4.3 MB, 4.1 MiB) copied, 0.0244413 s, 176 MB/s
file-system partition too big (more than 3342336 bytes): Success
cp: cannot stat '/builder/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/linux-ath79_generic/tmp/openwrt-e18340969976-ath79-generic-tplink_re355-v1-squashfs-factory.bin': No such file or directory

The Router hat 32MB RAM and 8MB flash.
Why does this happen?
Is it possible to resize rootfs size?

This is not relevant to the firmware selector.
a) 32 MB RAM is still below minimum system requirements
b) you may have a physical 8 MB spi-nor flash chip, the vendor it all its wisdom nevertheless only left 6'160'384 Byte to your disposal (due to their wasteful OEM flash partitioning) and your package selection is simply too big for that.

1 Like

I'm using a relatively new hardware, Xiaomi AX3600 and therefore depend on using snapshots. Some while ago in 2023, there weren't even stable releases for that model yet.

Thanks for your work on OpenWrt and the packages. Couldn't get a successful ASU build for months and now manually feeded my required packages in the OpenWrt firmware selector - it worked fine. Flashed and the router works fine. :slight_smile:

For reference: r26592 is good now.

Some r's before on 9th June, the router booted, was ping-able but no web UI and no SSH came up despite packages being present in the image.

The "customize installed packages" functionality of the firmware selector is stuck on an old snapshot r26580 from 3 days ago, whatever I do to customize it. Does anybody know what is going on?