Support for Xiaomi Wifi R3P Pro?

LOL :smiley:

Refusing to remove essential package opkg.
Removing an essential package may lead to an unusable system, but if
you enjoy that kind of pain, you can force opkg to proceed against
its will with the option: --force-removal-of-essential-packages
No packages removed.

that happens later. your system is failing REALLY early on

1 Like

um maybe try

--force-overwrite

?

:relieved: Maybe the problem is in the part of HW.
How could I know if the RAM module or processor?

If it seems that I can "talk" to the router, and it is just in the 0000 position of the memory it seems more RAM module problem, right?

The MEMPLL fail refer to RAM....? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:slight_smile: definitely. you said you got it wet, right? :wink:

i know i know... but seriously... it's probably not worth it. i don't think that message means there is an error in the 0000 position. i think it means it can't talk to the RAM at all. and i have no idea why.

if i were you i'd buy a new router and keep fluids away in the future :wink:

1 Like

Jajajaja good advice.
The problem was that it "generated" water by condensation.
In my house it is very cold and damp. A day of a lot of rain and hail (the humidity and the cold went up even more) in contrast to the heat of the router on a glass table made it condense and dripped a lot of water .... incredible, but true, I could not believe it.

Any ideas are welcome.
Even desoldering / welding components ...
Thanks!

that really is incredible...

i'm a software guy :slight_smile: hardware scares me... maybe try on 4pda.ru? they're all hackers there :wink:

1 Like

This topic was intended for adding support for this specific device.
Since official 19.07.0 images are available now, I will set a timer for this topic to close.

Why?

Because specific problems for this device with official releases are better handled in separate topics, in order to make finding relevant information easier. Who is going to read the previous 1000-something postings, if he has a specific problem with 19.07.0 and wifi?

Therefore: Please open new topics for any open issues with this device.

Thanks!

Hey, did you find a way to change the 5Mhz channel? I'm having the same problem

I couldnt find solution with official openwrt , i replace firmware with ilyas's one. wifi was good, but ı had package problem i tried to return to openwrt, now it is bricked again i need to debrick again.

Hello,

I use the 19.07 snapshoot from yesterday. (r12140-c2859bf126)
Yes it is ready but it's not stable.
Many cut of wifi or no internet access.
Need to reconnect (no restart of router!) and it's ready for a time.

Have you also this issue ?

Thanks

Mine is running very stable, no WiFi or Internet problems and good throughput...

By the way - 19.07.1 should be ready for download soon. Sources are already on github.

Now 19.07.01 is available : OpenWrt 19.07.1 Service Release

No issue for upgrade from 19.07 and now I try.
Feedback coming soon :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I succeed to do the UART procedure, and, I see the 2 Openwrt wifi networks from the router.
But when I shutdown and move the router to connect it to ISP box, then it is as if nothing was done.
It is again in the initial state (before UART procedure).
It seems that the new firmware is not "written" in the router...

Could you please help me on that point ?
Thanks

EDIT: I tried a sysupgrade and I had this message:

root@OpenWrt:~# sysupgrade -v /tmp/sysupgrade.bin
Cannot save config while running from ramdisk.
Commencing upgrade. Closing all shell sessions.
Connection to 192.168.1.1 closed by remote host.
Connection to 192.168.1.1 closed.

Do you yhink this is the way ?

This means your config is not saved, but the upgrade process has started. Reboot the router and check whether the software is actually upgraded.

So, I've been running snapshop 4.14.141 and upgraded to 19.07.1 just a couple of hours ago. So far, everything works like a charm. I see massive improvement in wireless speed and stability. Config is preserved, but stupidly enough I didn't export my previously installed packages, so installing now everything manually.
Compiling and flashing OpenWRT was a completely new experience for me and it was a lot of fun! So, see you all guys when I brick my next router! :wink:

1 Like

It worked !!! and moved directly to 19.7.1 !!
Great so happy, I am on it since on week !!
Thank you all !!!

I am quite new also, What is "snapshop 4.14.141" ?

Never mind, it's an old build, inferior to the current stable. Just stay with 19.07.1.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.