Support for new Archer c50 v3.0

Hey guys, I was just about to buy this router and ended up here... I don't know the difference between versions... I have available a black version with 2 antennas and a white version with 4 antennas.. which one is which? I think the black one could be the v1 and the white one could be the V3... which one should I buy? edit: here's the links

edit 2: nevermind.. it's not gigabit :frowning:

Hey @Heinz The Lan/ Wan Port, Wifi(both2.4 and 5), Mac address are working well for me.

The Lan Port mapping is has to be corrected.

Lan Port 4 Is showings as Lan Port 2 in the GUI
Lan Port 2 Is showings as Lan Port 4 in the GUI
Lan Port 3 Is showings as Lan Port 1 in the GUI
Lan Port 1 Is showings as Lan Port 3 in the GUI
Wan is perfect.

The Led mapping has to be corrected but its difficult to describe as there is only 1 LED provided by TP link for all the LAN ports and in the Firmware created by you has different leds glowing when Lan wire is inserted in different port.(Only physical lan port 2 is currently perfectly mapped. So all lan ports should be mapped to the same led as there is only one light provided by tplink) .
I personally don't need this to be corrected as these are just superficial issues but maybe others might.

Thank you for your effort and firmware. I needed it to be able to use Vlan and its working perfectly. :slight_smile:

Thank Again

Thanks @Holyyshek for tests.
leds and port mapping is fixed
New build:

1 Like

@Heinz hey I am kinda new in custom router firmwares
So I don't now how to install this on my stock Archer v3 so could you please help me

Instruction from post12:

Flash instruction:

Until (if at all) TP-Link fixes described problem, the only way to flash
LEDE image in these devices is to use tftp recovery mode in U-Boot:

1. Configure PC with static IP 192.168.0.66/24 and tftp server.
  2. Rename "lede-ramips-mt7628-tl-wr84...-squashfs-tftp-recovery.bin"
    to "tp_recovery.bin" and place it in tftp server directory.
  3. Connect PC with one of LAN ports, press the reset button, power up
    the router and keep button pressed for around 6-7 seconds, until
    device starts downloading the file.
  4. Router will download file from server, write it to flash and reboot.

Use tftp-recovery image from my previous post.

1 Like

Hi. How can revert this Archer c50 v3.0 to stock (original) firmware ? On TP-link site is only firmware with bootloader

Use image from this post as recovery image:

1 Like

Hi Heinz,
I followed your instruction and it works!
I even built my own image:
OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r6323-a49f6565b3 / LuCI Master (git-18.051.28524-09ea6db)
Ant it works!
Thanks!

Update:
There's a little blemish concerning the LED-names. I corrected it using LUCI:
lan --> c50-v3.green.lan
wan --> c50-v3.green.wlan5g
wlan2g --> c50-v3.orange.wan
wlan5g --> v50-v3.green.wlan2g
I have model Archer C50(EU) V3.

Hello folks,
I followed the instructions to flash the firmware and it boots properly.
The device are running for two week but I'm having problens with the wifi.
It lost conectivity and ask the clients for the password, and even when I reenter the password the conection did not work.
The problem shows up in both networks 5GHz and 2.4Ghz.
I have two other routers in WDS(TPLINK 1043 and TPLINK821). The only way to get more stability is not set wireless security(WPA2). I use MAC restriction for the WDS network and the public wifi(SSID) only on the other routers. Even with this restriction I have to power cycle the route 4 ou 5 times a day.
Any one have this kind of problem? I have tested lots of thins, but I cant figure out how to proper configure the routers.

Thanks for any help.

Hello @rgc

Can you tell me how to configure led names and triggers in LUCI GUI?

I simply changed the "LED-Name"s under "System-->LED Configuration" to the values listed:
lan --> c50-v3.green.lan
wan --> c50-v3.green.wlan5g
wlan2g --> c50-v3.orange.wan
wlan5g --> v50-v3.green.wlan2g

Hello @rgc.

I changed the values in system file, it works... Thanks!
Another question: When you revert to original firmware, which file you used?
You flashed using tftp , luci gui or using mtd method in putty?

Regards,
Juliano

For my very first flash I used tftp with the "special" Image
"openwrt-ramips-mt76x8-tplink_c50-v3-squashfs-tftp-recovery.bin"
Later on I only used LUCI.
I never went back to the original firmware.

Claus

Thank you, that worked fine on my C50 BR version.

Hey,

I'm quite new to LEDE/OpenWRT etc. I managed to etablish Heiz' Version to my Archer C50 v3.

My 5G-Wifi is working fine (better than it used to with original firmware). However, my 2.4-Wifi does not work correctly. It doesn't send any signal, if I choose Auto Channel. Even after choosing a Channel, I cannot manage to establish a connection to the router.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

@Heinz Hi, i'm kinda new in Openwrt and LEDE.
i tried to install your firmware but now my archer c50 doesn't work, it won't give me the wifi and i can't get access to the router through the ip address. All the led lights keep blinking at the same time, my router has stopped responding despite of resetting many times, it never changes.
Please help me out,
Thanks

I am new here with open-wrt and lede project. May I ask, why there are two files in every build? A sysupgrade and a recovery. Why? Do I need to flash both of them?

I have an Archer C50 V3 router. I guess mine is a faulty unit because I can't detect 5GHz band. Just to find out if this a firmware issue, I installed the latest build from @Heinz. But the issue remains. So, I just wanted to revert to stock firmware. I tried for several times through tftp. Please watch the video.
If I flash the 5th build again. It boots, but it's not stable enough. How can I get back to stock firmware, any Idea anyone?

Video here.

1 Like

Same here, i'm still looking for solutions. I can't get access to the router, it's bootlooping.

Hi friend, I was having the same problem as you. I was able to get back the firmware by following this tutorial. The site is in Portuguese:

Sorry for my english, I used the google translator.