Speed Fluctuation Problem!

Have you tried changing some of the radio settings in OpenWRT (change channels, widths, power etc)?
Maybe disable one of the wifi interfaces and just test it on different channel with your laptop.

Can also try a channel analysis...

yes I tried them all. In the channel analysis, the result is 100%, so there is no problem.

Could it be causing problems with IPv6 settings or Wi-Fi security settings? (my laptop's wifi card is Intel N6235, produced in 2013, supports 5G and 2G)

Could be, it is worth trying different encryption /ipv6 settings (trying anything is preferable to trying nothing :slight_smile: ).
The vintage of your laptop wifi could be an issue, but if it works OK with other routers then I would suspect there is some kind of quirk with Openwrt which the laptop wifi card does not handle well.

I noticed in your logs that you are getting de-auths due to inactivity for multiple MACs.
Do you know what is causing that?
If not maybe try some of the fixes mentioned in this post (not exactly the same Mediatek chip or OWRT version, but might have common driver)?

While doing the tests in the images, I disconnected the other wireless devices in the house. Also, I only experience this problem on my Xiaomi 4A Gigabit Edition with OpenWrt installed. I went back to the stock rom last night and there are no problems... no speed fluctuation or crashing.. I will try the articles in the link.

note: Deauthentication of clients due to inactivity - Installing and Using OpenWrt - OpenWrt Forum -> everyone is having the same problem. There is no problem with older versions (I heard that the stock rom is openwrt v19 version)

It is considered rather rude, to cross-post a topic. This is a foeum (not google, where you need to use SEO or link farm tactics)
You have your main thread (this one) and you have responses. But there will not be better solutions or more solutions by demanding a solution in even more threads.

your cross posts so far in the last few hours:

1 Like

whats is your problem bro ?

@Pico - thanks for making note the OP has posted in numerous threads.

1 Like

is there a any solution for my problem!

I'd advise allowing more time for users to read all the posts you've made in numerous, unrelated posts.

TBH, I'm still reading and trying to understand your many unrelated posts, as you claim your issue is related to all of them.

This is one reason not to cross-post.

Are you running a custom image?

I recall you made a post about removing packages from images.

1 Like

I don't use any special version. I used and tested Oficiall version or rc versions. The results did not change. The issue you were talking about was about another issue.

1 Like

To be clear, is this issue only with your Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 WiFi-based laptop?

Since Wnidows 7 was the OS that device was designed for,
while I am finding issues in web searches - in 2023 I'm not sure they're related. I have also seen some *nix and BSD discussion about the issue.

Have you found any [2023] references?

1 Like

The Intel Centrino wireless of that era gave me issues on some routers no matter how many different drivers and router firmware/settings were tried.

Only solution was to give and use something else. In one instance that was an Ethernet connection to an old cheap router (DIR-615) running DD-WRT acting as a bridge to the main wireless network.

2 Likes

No, this problem also occurs on my brother's Asus laptop. The weird thing is, when I go back to stock rom, there are no problems.

So far, I have not had any problems with my wifi card, nor do I have any problems with my current TPlink ax1800 device, which does not have openwrt installed.

Another (this time the OP says it's the same issue):

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/slow-speed-on-d-link-dir-2640-mt7615n/167288/7?u=lleachii

1 Like

In order to assist:

OK, so now it is relevant to review another thread where you mention this other WiFi chip (i.e. a confusing cross-post).

• Please provide the make/model of the WiFi chip
  • It may also be helpful to know the OS it's running

I'm starting to think you have a lot of WiFi 3 and 4 devices on your network.

Agreed; but it's not shocking. The chip makers don't share a lot of detailed information about the devices with Open Source projects like OpenWrt.

EDIT:

I'm curious, do you have and 802.11b-only WiFi (WiFi 2) clients on your network?

Unless I've mistaken, the TP Link is WiFi 6, the Xaomi is WiFi 4/5 - I didn't understand the comparison.

Also see: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/66890/intel-centrino-advancedn-6235-dual-band/specifications.html

What OS is the Centrino Advanced-N 6235 device running?

1 Like

The chip of my wi-fi card is Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235, Dual Band (2g/5g Supports speeds up to 300 mbps). My os is Windows 10 64bit. There are iphone11 /iphone8plus/xiaomi redmi 9/lenovo new generation tablets in my network. All of them are devices that support high speeds. However, when I turn off the network connections of all of them and test them, the result does not change, the problem continues.

there is no device with 802.11-b-only infrastructure on my network. As I said above, all devices are new generation (I have an old generation laptop with n6235 wi-fi chip)

I wrote about TP-link just to point out that I have no problems with it. I would also like to point out again that I do not have any problems when I install the stock ROM on my Xiaomi 4a gigabit edition device.

So to be clear:

• Are you expecting 300 Mbps - can you describe the fluctuations (I'm trying to obtain a 6235 for testing)?
  • There's no Asus laptop?

If there's a separate Asus laptop, still need to know the WiFi chip.

1 Like

I already get 300mbps speed in Wi-Fi network mode, there is no problem with that, the distance between me and the router is 1.5 meters and there is no wall in between. Fluctuation example; I start downloading a file at a speed of 13mb/sec, but 15-20 seconds after the file downloading process starts, my speed drops to 50-60kb/sec. Meanwhile, I cannot access anywhere, including the router. My wifi-router network connection is not disconnected, but it acts as if it was disconnected.

• Asus laptop belongs to my brother, unfortunately I don't have it with me right now. I didn't look at the model etc. of that laptop, but it did not support 5G, it was only a 2.4GHz wifi device. Because at that moment I was so angry because of OpenWrt!

i dont know...

1 Like