[Solved] Why Letv LBA-047-CH is not listed in ToH?

Hi.

My Letv LBA-047-CH router hasn't been used for a few years. Previously, the router is flashed with openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ap147-010-rootfs-squashfs.bin. Almost everything works well except the reset button.

I am going to re-use it again. So I would like to upgrade to a more recent OpenWrt version. The model name turns out not to be listed in the Table of Hardware and https://downloads.openwrt.org/. But it is actually listed in https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/6f88526fa4e0aa5f60834d181d04f8a9911887be/target/linux/ath79/image/generic.mk#L1440.

Why isn't it listed in the ToH and no release is provided?

It has to be added, as it's not automatic. Also, is this actualy the firmware for this device?

One of the admins can add it if so.

Done, dataentry added.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

Is neither the correct device, nor has it any chance of actually working (missing kernel, just the rootfs, flashing that would brick the device). AP147 is the codename for one of QCA's reference designs/ devboards, while your Letv LBA-047-CH might be similar (based on this reference design), there will be differences (at least the flash partitioning, ar71xx could auto-detect that to some extent, ath79 cannot) which will break the idea.

That aside, there now is:

1 Like

Also, is this actualy the firmware for this device?

Seems not, but it worked at that time.

Is neither the correct device, nor has it any chance of actually working (missing kernel, just the rootfs, flashing that would brick the device)

Haven't used it for years, so I might remember incorrectly. Should be openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-ap147-010-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin, I think. It is actually still working now:

Model  Atheros AP147-010 reference board
Architecture  Qualcomm Atheros QCA9533 ver 2 rev 0
Firmware  Version OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.228.31946-f64b152)
Kernel Version  4.9.120

Thank you all for the help.

I am trying to sysupgrade with the snapshot image. But sysupgrade rejects since the device name does not match. Is it fine to proceed with -F (force) in such case?

root@OpenWrt:~# sysupgrade  -i -n openwrt-ath79-generic-letv_lba-047-ch-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin 
Image not in /tmp, copying...
Device ap147-010 not supported by this image
Supported devices: letv,lba-047-ch
Image check 'fwtool_check_image' failed.

But sysupgrade rejects since the device name does not match. Is it fine to proceed with -F (force) in such case?

Bricked (fortunately, u-boot is still working). Seems not the right way. :upside_down_face:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.