[SOLVED] MicroTik RB750Gr3 upgrade to 22.03.2 image mismatch

I am trying to upgrade my MT RB750Gr3 to the current OpenWrt release (22.03.2). I am using the Luci flash utility. I receive an error message after uploading the firmware: Device mikrotick, rb750gr3 not supported by this image. I have confirmed that I have the correct image version per the TOH page.

The error additionally states: Image version mismatch: image 1.1, device 1.0. Please wipe config during upgrade (force required) or reinstalled. Reason: Config cannot be migrated from swconfig to DSA Image check failed. The uploaded imaged file does not contain a supported format.

My assumption is that the "version mismatch" is not related to the hardware version, but rather by the move away from swconfig, and that it can in fact be safely upgraded as long as I wipe the config. However, the message is confusing enough, and it is not otherwise documented, that I'd like to have someone confirm my understanding or otherwise point me in the right direction.

Correct!

It is documented, here.

Confirmed. You can safely upgrade, but you must not keep settings.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!!

I didn't see it because I was looking on the device upgrade page rather than the general upgrade notes.

Makes sense.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.