[SOLVED] Can't connect to WIFI when I set a password [SOLVED]

Hello there,

First time OpenWRT user. Using a WRT1900AC version 1 here.

Going through the new GUI interface and looking around. I turned on the 2.5 WIFI antenna (We typically don't turn on 5). It defaulted to no password which was fine. I connected using my Pixel 7 to ensure all was well. It worked no problems.

So I went to add a password. I set the channel to "auto" (1 defaulted) while I was at it. Set encryption method to WPA2/WPA3 mixed as I thought it would be the best for compatibility and security combo.

After that I can see the WIFI network but when I enter the password, my Pixel 7 just tells me to check the password.

Any advice would be great!

Try WPA2 personal (PSK) instead. Mixed mode tends not to work as well.

3 Likes

WPA3 is known to be totally broken on mwlwifi, so WPA2/ CCMP (without 802.11w/ frame protection!) is the best you can do on this hardware.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly. WPA2 was the only one that worked as advised. Certainly seems that WPA3 is borked.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.