Set up AX210 step by step

Well, my mistake. I forget the opkg which can install firmware ax210 directly. So I download the firmware from the intel official website. :rofl:

How does this work for country NL and a ax200

ax200 <> ax210

try with an openwrt snapshot image ?

so now you can enable 6e AP (6GHz band - ax210) ? what about ax200 - 5GHz band ?

trial and error ?

Neither the 5 GHz band, nor the 6 GHz band (on the ax210) will support AP mode - only the 2.4 GHz band and only in a very limited fashion (one VAP, not officially supported/ tested by Intel - here are dragons). The situation is identical for ax200 and ax210 (with the obvious naming difference for the firmware package and their corresponding technical specs).

2 Likes

There is a patch that will make the 5 GHz band work on a ax200

I'm aware of that, but that's not really anywhere on the table for quite some time to come (DFS remains unobtainium and it's not really a supported configuration; ax210 remains very limited in many regards as well (only one AP interface)).

1 Like

Also ntice some requests on intel forums about being limited to 12 clients in AP mode. Can anyone confirm?

My /etc/config/ directory does not contain a wireless subdirectory and my webUI doesn't have Wireless under networking. I have installed pkgs:
kmod-cfg80211
iw
iwinfo
iwlwifi-firmware-ax210
wpad-basic
What am I missing? I'm running OpenWrt 22.03.0 on x86/64
I cannot find a way to add the wifi devices. Any guidance is appreciated.

It's a file, not a dir, info's in the 1st post.

Thanks for clarifying. The only files inside my /etc/config/ directory are:
DHCP
dropbear
firewall
luci
network
rpcd
system
ucitrack
uhttpd

There is no wireless file. Am I missing a pkg or was I supposed to choose "overwrite" when pkgs had items already installed? I never checked the box to overwrite.

Create one, with the content from the 1st post?

Sadly, I'm a beginner who doesn't know much about the command language for OpenWrt. I'm looking now, but not much about create files on only seem to find info about editing. Any guidance to documentation or steps is appreciated.

Command line language is plain Linux.

Or use winscp from a Win host, to connect to the router, and edit/create the file.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the resource. I added the config file above and now I do have a Wireless drop-down now menu with two items called:
Radio0 Generic 802.11bg
Radio1 Generic 802.11bg

Restart, Scan, Add don't do anything but throw out an error.
Under Networking, Interfaces, Devices - I don't see anything new to add.

For these parameters in the config file "option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/0000:03:00.0'"
Am I supposed to enter exactly what is listed here or are some of these variables I am supposed to replace?

1 Like

It has been few months since your replay, but did you resolve this? I am in the same point as you, but having AX200 instead.

i have this from lspci

0002:21:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX210/AX211/AX411 160MHz (rev 1a)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX210 160MHz
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 86
        Memory at f0200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [40] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [80] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=16 Masked-
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [14c] Latency Tolerance Reporting
        Capabilities: [154] L1 PM Substates
        Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi
        Kernel modules: iwlwifi

so what is my confuguration ?

You can't tell me that you've read this (rather short) thread already and still come up with this exact question…

If I understand correctly and prior comments are still up to date, the only thing that works in 5 GHz band is client mode. You will be limited to this config.