Rpi4 < $(community_build)

you can do

du -chs /tmp/*

then repeat for each (large) subdirectory to find the actual data files consuming the space...

The offender -

1.5G	/tmp/log
cd /tmp/log
[root@Home /tmp/log]# ls -l
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     1571203756 Aug 26 13:34 argononed.log

1 Like

o that's right... I think that daemon writes to file log (not the normal system log)... ( so yeah... log spam from that probably )...

sometimes I fill up /tmp alot too... i.e. to download rpi firmware or something... (normal)

Been using this nice build for some hours now. Like it very much! Thx @anon50098793

May I ask two (a bit noobish) questions?
I encoured some major failure when backing-up and restoring settings through Luci. I fact, after a restore (through Luci) I had to completely start over again. Is there any other way to restore a backup made through Luci?

Can I update the installation through Luci? Or in any other way?

Thx

1 Like

thanks.. and good thing you tested that stuff off the bat...

You should use the backup in the updatecheck bar... this is still not 100% tested... more testing and feedback is welcome... but it removes cmdline.txt and some opkg files that create issues within the typical luci backup

(search this thread or the github readme's for PARTUUID for more info)

There are three(four) upgrade methods...

• one click [flash] updatecheck bar (which is equivalent to)
  • rpi-sysup-online.sh -R stable
  • sysupgrade -R /tmp/SYSUPGRADE.IMG.GZ
  • luci upload (search this thread for AUTORESTOREAPPLY)

(i'm mostly using 1 and 3 - omit -R to skip auto-package-restore)

how to upgrade to 3.5.***
it still showing UpToDate
Screenshot 2021-08-26 170603

1 Like

you can extract it on a pc then scp/winscp /etc/config and maybe your luci certs and passwd files etc. if really desperate... or remove cmdline.txt and /etc/opkg and re-tar it...

2 Likes

it's not 'stable' it's designated 'current'

change;

UPGRADEsFLAVOUR="stable"

to

UPGRADEsFLAVOUR="current"

in /root/wrt.ini (luci > system > startup > local-startup)

or you could also run

rpi-sysup-online.sh -R current
need to allow some time for the upstream guys to maybe fix the icmpv6 broadcom crashes and another other issues to arise... i.e. the recent argonone thing...

... and allow people that just want a stable os to receive less naggy potentially buggy update messages

fwiw... there is also

UPGRADEsFLAVOUR="release"

for the truly conservative peeps who want to run 21.02 only

1 Like

Thx @anon50098793 for your quick reply. I'm thinking i'm a real noob, because where can I find "updatecheck bar' in LucI :frowning: Sorry...

1 Like

what theme are you using?

it's kinda hard to miss in bootstrap or argon... not available in the others...

2 Likes

Found it! Was using Openwrt theme. Thx!

1 Like

looks like the hand has been forced so current(3.5.next)>stable(3.2.x=oldnews)

longer term seems the 'release(21.02)' flavour might be more 'stable' than stable

will likely do an opkg(github) repo flush in the coming days... (will leave last 3.2)

manual-repo-switching

note: now we have extra space at the hosting provider... I don't need to flush there
if someone on an older build needs some packages it is technically possible to
change;

#OPKGFEEDS_COMMUNITY_DOMAIN="github.com/wulfy23/rpi4-opkg/raw/master"
#to
#OPKGFEEDS_COMMUNITY_DOMAIN="rpi4.wulfy23.info/opkg"

then run /etc/custom/firstboot/51-opkgdumpconfs to switch
to hetzner urls ( technically if you have your own local http repo's you could use this variable also ... but it means you have to set them up before each upgrade... or switch the variable back )

'release' builds use full official repo's so this does not apply to them

github/official are a little faster tho... and easier to upload to... so not sure if I will make that switch for all of us or not...

also 'release' builds are a wip and will likely still need some tweaking here and there in places... i.e. version numbering is independent of regular builds (and each sub-release), some custom script functionality may be altered

3.5.7(r17443) is done... (is now both 'stable' and 'current')

that's one of the ugliest, longest yet in a funny way satisfying firstboot logs i've seen in any of my builds... (icmpv6 crashdumps galore until workaround, package restore fails then fixes itself, in my case adds an extra 2-3mins)...

but hey... it works... most of you don't get those crashes... and without the workaround there would be no current or stable build...

2 Likes

Updated. Does take longer to boot, but all fine otherwise!

1 Like

copying this here from github issues as these seem to come up quite often... wish I had a better solution for these but very few people need them so I'd prefer to leave them and their related services default disabled;

modem manager does not work

modemmanager requires dbus please enable(and restart) both these services and add to /root/wrt.ini > ENABLEDSERVICES for your next upgrade...

that said... i'll be taking a look at dairyman's rooter build system once he releases his 21.02... as I am interested in tweaks to better support modems... but to be honest it may be too far outside of my skill/equipment base...

upgraded

stable uptodate: 3.5.7-2  twicedaily[refresh]  [backup]  [ytdl]  [editor]  [tty]

and so far, everything is working fine after update.
USB storage FTP and all other packages are installed and working fine without doing anything.
Thank you so much! @anon50098793

1 Like

Can someone help me out?

Did the change in wrt.ini: #OPKGFEEDS_COMMUNITY_DOMAIN="rpi4.wulfy23.info/opkg"

also: UPGRADEsFLAVOUR="current" (in wrt.ini)

Did save the wrt.ini but when clicking on 'refresh' in Update bar; nothing shows up. No update available... did I mis something...

If needed I can post my wrt.ini?

you probably didn't need that... it's only for really old builds for now... (and effects opkg... not the update url)....

afaik most of them fallback to a default so not sure whats happening for you... probably an ini formatting error or something...

you could try zapping it or something...

cp /root/wrt.ini /root/wrt.ini.broken
cp /etc/custom/wrt.ini /root/wrt.ini

otherwise just download the image('sys'upgrade) manually... and upgrade like any other openwrt...

rpi-sysup-online.sh -v check

may also tell you a little more about what's wrong if anything...

THx @anon50098793 for your support!

After all I started over again. Besides my noobish actions, I think there is something wrong with the usbstick i'm using. Because when I reboot, my pi4 often doesn't show up after a reboot, especially after an update check it seems to hang. No idea what could be wrong.

For now I'm using an SD-card and that seems to go well. Status of current update is showing up in Update-bar.
Luckely I made an backup in Update-bar so could restore my settings (dhcp mainly) real quick.
Will stick for a while with the sd-card perhaps later on I'll switch back to another usb-thumbdrive.
Greatings!

1 Like

Sir is it this packages below available in your rpi4-opkg?
coreutils-nohup
iptables-mod-tproxy
ruby
ruby-yaml