Rpi4 < $(community_build)

localfix implemented @ 5.0.109-15_r19003+

(apparently reporting issues upstream gets you labelled an aggressive annoyance behind your back... so won't be doing that anymore)

1 Like

Hi Wulfy23: you archived your hardwork on Github and now its read only. Are you discontinuing your work on Rpi4 Openwrt?

That sucks! You'd think reporting issues would be welcomed...

Thanks as ever for the rapid fix :pray:

Noooooooooo

Whoever you are, it's time to apologise - I mentioned it here first, happy to receive the aggressive annoyance label in surrogate, don't shoot the messenger!

1 Like

@anon50098793 Pls do not abandon us. What can we do to help ? I'm sure the hundreds of users of your distro have something to say.

In the meantime I've flagged a previous post with the following message This post needs reply from the OpenWrt team. This rpi4 distro is used by hundreds of users and situations like this cannot be tolerated.

2 Likes

Hopefully he'll return... In the meantime if someone can post the package list he used for his builds. Then once a week or so someone run the buildbot master snapshot branch with the packages added under custom, and paste the ext4 firmware link here.

I use it occationally on my main devices it works great (WRT32X router, Rpi4 for experimenting, U6-Lite for wifi 6 ap):

https://asu.aparcar.org/?version=SNAPSHOT&target=bcm27xx%2Fbcm2711&id=rpi-4

1 Like

There's power in numbers, within these 'hundreds' there are surely more than a few qualified users who'd spend time and effort to get this on the rails again.

As for any bullying, that runs contrary to OpenWrt's code of conduct and if that person has any official function within the project he should be called out. But one would need conclusive evidence.

6 Likes

Most threads on this forum I've found useful have had at least one, if not many answers or key bits of input from @anon50098793 - it's not just the blow to this build I'm sad about, but his ability to circumnavigate and pull information together across the whole community + give input to other packages and tools. All of that knowledge came back to here.

There were a lot of custom scripts and little details in this project that took it way way beyond just a package list. These are now gone from the repo.

5 Likes

what a fkn mess.

/:

1 Like

@anon50098793 I was very sad to read your resignation post and I have made sure that it doesn't go unnoticed. Please, at least respond to tmomas' PM to clarify what went wrong and let's try to fix it.

8 Likes

:sad face:

:very sad face:

2 Likes

what is DoS'ed means? denial of service?
also thank you for the time you spend on us troubleshooting and fixing the problems that ever occured. i hope this matter will clarified, otherwise i would still respect your decision.

2 Likes

What in the actual F? Why would anyone do this to wulfy? One of the most helpful people in this entire project that never even asked anything in return let alone fixed stuff for us when traveling...

It's so sad that stuff like this can happen...

4 Likes

Anyone who has a copy of the most recent Wulfy23-rpi4-master.zip would you please post it or send it to me?

Last public version here

2 Likes

Cant accept that he discontinued. It's very sad. He was VERY VERY helpful.

1 Like

@anon50098793 Please come back :sob:

Thanks. But that's a snapshot. I'm asking for the Wulfy23-rpi4-master.zip.

Thread on a similar topic in the openwrt-adm Archives for March -

https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-adm/

This reply is in appreciation of wulfy23. I hope he is still listening and may decide to resume support of Rpi4.

I obviously don't know the particular circumstances that have so greatly upset you. But, I am sure the saying "no good deed goes unpunished" applies. Given the very many good deeds you have done for this community, I am amazed that you were not severely punished long before now!

It seems that some who should have appreciated your contributions have, instead, negatively assessed you behind your back. However, negative assessments tell much more about those making the assessments than about the person assessed. Their treatment of you makes clear their jealousy and cowardice. Your fans vastly outnumber your critics.

Your departure from Rpi4 may seem warranted at the moment, but may have unintended consequences. It will probably make your detractors secretly happy. Over time it may make you unhappy to be separated from the pursuits at which you are so skilled and the community that has come to appreciate and depend on you. And, that appreciative community may ultimately become dependent on your detractors.

I, and many others, want and need you to please come back.

11 Likes