Rpi4 < $(community_build)

I am really sorry but i am noob in linux and this openwrt please tell me where to check it?

LUCI > Bandwidth Monitor > Display

yes it is showing bandwidth for different users

1 Like

ok good... keep an eye on the total data... ( after reboots and upgrades )... if the amounts go back to zero and it's not a new month/period ( drop down date tab above the graphs ) then all is good... but thanks for the log message... something to track down in my travels...

yes it goes to zero whenever there is a power failure

i noticed this drop down menu yesterday but it is not showing today i think after power failure.

1 Like

in luci if you go to System > Custom Commands...

if you see a box called 'docmd'.... enter this including the quotation marks... click run... the paste the output here...

"uci show nlbwmon"

use the "Preformatted text </>"
grafik

other than that... we'll probably have to wait for other users to confirm/articulate the issue clearer... ( worst case scenario... you have non-persistent nlbwmon for a while... which is how OpenWrt typically works anyway )

# sh -c "uci show nlbwmon"
nlbwmon.@nlbwmon[0]=nlbwmon
nlbwmon.@nlbwmon[0].netlink_buffer_size='524288'
nlbwmon.@nlbwmon[0].commit_interval='24h'
nlbwmon.@nlbwmon[0].refresh_interval='30s'
nlbwmon.@nlbwmon[0].database_directory='/var/lib/nlbwmon'
nlbwmon.@nlbwmon[0].database_generations='10'
nlbwmon.@nlbwmon[0].database_interval='1'
nlbwmon.@nlbwmon[0].database_limit='10000'
nlbwmon.@nlbwmon[0].protocol_database='/usr/share/nlbwmon/protocols'
nlbwmon.@nlbwmon[0].local_network='192.168.0.0/16' '172.16.0.0/12' '10.0.0.0/8' 'lan'
1 Like

yeah, that is the same as mine... as above... we'll see if it's common... mine's the same and ok... thankyou for giving me valuable feedback.

i am happy to help :innocent: I have one more question, this bandwidth monitor never shows any stats for torrent downloads. It doesn't have option to monitor that traffic?

I don't run torrents... so couldn't really say for sure... but if the app is on the router... it's possible/probable that it doesn't display 'routers own' traffic ... ( this question is a general one and worthy of the general forums )

torrent app running on PC

you are not alone as i've never seen this issue... suspect it's something torrent related ( ephemeral port exhaustion )... at the very least... likely not build related...

@anon50098793 can you please recommend me good tutorial for adding samba and ftp for my usb drive on pi4. I am unable to add usb to pi4 so far. It was very easy on my old router.

The OpenWRT wiki is pretty good for getting things setup.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/storage/usb-drives
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/nas/cifs.server
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/nas/ftp.overview

I was able to get ftp, samba, nfs, and ftp servers running on my pi4 using the wiki. Though NFS has stopped working...

2 Likes

i am able to configure samba and added username for it but i am unable to understand do i need to add separate user for ftp? and how to point ftp to my USB drive?

I was able to create samba and added username for it and it was working fine but i don't know why the same username was not working for FTP. I am lost :frowning_face: in the end i gave up :dizzy_face:

use root for samba , and minidlan , and transmission and all good ( in samba check 'root' )

:slight_smile: on samba working.
:frowning: on FTP not working. I used vsftpd for my FTP server, I followed the directions on the wiki and it worked with the user I setup. The only thing on the FTP side that I did that wasn't included in the wiki was adding local_root=.

I am using the same user for both samba and FTP.

can you share wiki page or settings you are using for samba and ftp
if you can please share procedure
thank you

The Wiki links are in an early post

My FTP config:

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /etc/vsftpd.conf
background=YES
listen=YES
anonymous_enable=NO
local_enable=YES
write_enable=NO
local_umask=022
check_shell=NO
#dirmessage_enable=YES
#ftpd_banner=Welcome to blah FTP service.
session_support=NO
#syslog_enable=YES
#userlist_enable=YES
#userlist_deny=NO
#userlist_file=/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.users
#xferlog_enable=YES
#xferlog_file=/var/log/vsftpd.log
#xferlog_std_format=YES
pasv_enable=YES
pasv_min_port=10090
pasv_max_port=10100
local_root=/mnt/sda2