Raspberry pi 4 eth sharing

that's correct

that's correct

-37 dBm -44dBm around that area

I check with a different tool but it should be the same in LuCI
nobody uses DFS, I don't think anybody is changes any router settings around here except me

why does Local interface show as 80MHz but the main AP show as 20MHz
there is nothing on that channel except me

and on channel analysis it shows -10dBm

Because the main AP needs to be manually changed to a width of 80 (it sets width, client just does what it is told unless told a smaller width than AP.; little wonder you are getting bad throughput with 20..

it is set to 80MHz but everything except local interface is showing as 20MHz

One is Pi 'local' and one is AP yet both show they are set to 80.

spin and show me the channel analyzer of 5g.

my android tablet give me this

openwrt give me

Local (pi) is showing an 80 width, it is COX (AP) that is down to 20.

Try a higher channel on the AP. Then see if DFS is forcing 20.

its only showing in openwrt as 20MHz, it is 100% using using 80MHz
I can't go much higher anyway, 128 is the limit and anything above 100 takes 10 minutes to apply

Cox is, clearly, labeled as Cox and it only has a 20 Mhz bandwidth. Pi is 'local interface' and it is using 80; its that or OpenWrt is lying.

Why isn't your country code set?

country code is set to driver default, which should be EU/UK
I will select GB but I don't think it will change anything

openwrt does seem to be lying, or the usb adapter has poor 80MHz support

It just makes things cleaner and sometimes fixes things.

Then use Wi-Fi analyzer from Android and stand about 1 yard from the PI. Use landscape view (otherwise it is hard do read) and make sure it is set to 5GHz.

I did and shown you its at 80MHz

Well, that's not good.

Save configurations on both the Cox router and the Pi router; after that you can play around (especially with channel selections) but don't add any packages.

I'd reboot the Ap and then the Pi and test again; channel analyzer is not, usually, that inaccurate.
You get home just as I need to go to sleep, so I'll catch up tomorrow.

why isn't it good? it shows 80MHz is working

midday here seems to be late for you

It does indeed show the Cox router working but cannot find the Pi you were standing next Something is wrong so I'm going to sleep on it.

sorry for message you back, I know your trying to sleep

your not going to see the pi as it is only client and not broadcasting

any ideas of how else I can improve the speed

OpenWrt just added a lot of information on the Pis. I'm going over it now and will flash a new config using the new data to see what happens..

Please give me a couple days.

You have been told numerous times that connecting two devices through WiFi using DFS channels is a bad idea, yet you continue to do this practice. And then complain when your link goes down at random.

In my opinion, the suggestions given to you in your other posts still apply even now.

1 Like

We are running out of options but going over the page I learned this:

Gotta go back to Raspberry Pi OS and set the country code .

It won't take the change in OpenWrt.
Boot to Rasp OS
Choose your country; your choice will be persistently what you choose on all radios..
Now you should be allowed to pick Auto in channel selection and a CCC should pick a clean place to park; if it detects a possible issue later it will warn clients its intent to move to what it decides is a clear channel then change channels and reestablish connections. This should not take more that 13 minutes the first scan.
Run another speedtest and say a little prayer.

Sorry but I don't get how any of that is going to help
before when I have used rasp os, it had the country code set
the country code has been set within openwrt

what causes 5GHz interference because the main AP(RE450) seems to have low download speed again but upload is fine
I had heard HDMI can on raspberry Pi's, but what else

Could I have 2 STA connections to the relayd bridge to increase throughput