PTK Rekeying Issue

I use OpenWrt 22.03.3 on a Linksys MR8300 router. This is a tri-band router (2 5GHz antennas + 1 2.4GHz antenna). I use one of the 5GHz antennas to connect to eduroam wifi as a client. This network uses WPA2-EAP encryption.

The problem I am having occurs when the eduroam access point requests reauthentication (PTK rekeying). I lose connection to the network momentarily every 4 hours. In the log I see the message

"Rekeying PTK for STA XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX but driver can't safely do that."

This appears to be related to a bug in the ath10k wireless driver. Rekeying Issue - "driver can't safely do that.".

However, I am yet to find a workaround for my issue. I have asked the network admins if they could disable rekeying or at least extend the interval but they said they can't. So, the problem remains. Is there a newer/older version of the wireless driver I can use that doesn't have this issue?

Is there another way to get around rekeying?

Thanks

Why not just set the rekey to 0?

I can't set the rekey interval because I am connected to eduroam (University wifi) as a client and I have no control over this network. I already asked the network admins but they are unable/unwilling to change this setting.