PPPoE internet not working in Linksys E8450

Not yet, I should change the wan settings to use pppoe right?

change the MAC 1st.

how can I change it? and to what should I change it to?

network -> interfaces -> devices (tab) -> configure -> MAC address

set the MAC to be the same as the WAN MAC of the device currently serving you internet.

1 Like

i changed the br-lan's mac address to the same as my pc's and now, the connection is gone too. I can't connect to LuCI or open cli

nvm I changed my ip address of ethernet and its back now.

but still no internet access

This is how the interfaces are now

yeah, that's not going to fly.

change WAN MAC only.

not sure what happened now the router is not detecting me connecting with lan port. it says its not connected

you can always reset it.

I restarted and its back now :slight_smile:

Is this right? It says connection failed

Device needs to be wan not eth0.

On a DSA kernel (which this is), the eth ports are internal connections managed by DSA. Connect networks or bridges to the names of the external ports, which are lan1 through lan4 and wan.

Having the same MAC is not an issue since the two networks are separate. Some ISPs lock the service to a particular MAC (that of your previous router), but that would cause a different error.

1 Like

I have no clue what I did, but I can access internet now!!! omg!

I changed the mac address of pppoe-wan in devices and it fixed itself

I am running into another issue now though. My kernel version is 5.10.113

But installing sqm gives me an error

The installed version of package kernel is not compatible, require 5.10.116-1-d3a5d2af… while 5.10.113-1-d3a5d2af… is installed.

Anyway to update the kernel version?

All I want to know is how did you go from uci no wifi to uci wifi.. :pleading_face:

I referred this site

The installed version of package kernel is not compatible, require 5.10.116-1-d3a5d2af… while 5.10.113-1-d3a5d2af… is installed.

Upgrade to a release build (presently 22.03.0-rc1) instead of snapshot, it includes Luci and has a stable kernel -- package relationship.

2 Likes

Perfect that worked! Thanks

i think 2.5Gbps is the connection betwen CPU <--> Switch, and all ports are connected to the switch at 1Gb

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.