Organizing a mesh network on Raspberry Pi 4 in OpenWrt

Friends, I welcome You.
I have probably created similar themes, but I do not fully understand how to organize a mesh network?
I have four Raspberry Pi 4 that have additional USB Wi-Fi adapters installed that support mesh point mode. I use the instructions provided on the site.
I do everything that is specified up to the point: "Using the command line CLI"
that is at each station I do what is indicated in the instructions.
if you go to the luci web interface, there are no connections, as far as I understand looking at this image:

I'm confused by the "Host" column, why is there a question mark? I think that my devices are not part of the mesh network.
Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? How to properly organize a mesh network and ensure that all devices are included in it. Thank you very much.

Because there's no DNS name or IP to lookup...as if it were the Router/Access Point with DHCP and DNS.

Hope this helps.

Since I have never used an 802.11s-based mesh (I prefer OLSR); and you provide little details (and no configs), it's hard to tell...

hmm, what's the end result? so the hosts see each other?

all the config I can give you is a link to the instructions in my first message. I didn't do anything else.

:confused:

Huh...I was answering you. I didn't ask a question. If you're asking me a question - it's not clear.

I hope you get it fixed. :+1:

With 802.11s much like OLSR the mesh is organized by mesh-id and assignment of unique ip addresses to each node. (Further organization could be down to per radio, frequency, channel and mesh_id)

Libremesh for example creates a 10.13/16 network and automatically gives each node unique ip address based on MAC addresses.
With mesh I'd 'LiMe'

Have you assigned each node the same mesh_id and a unique IP address on same subnet?

Also you need to set same wifi channel and wifi frequency on all nodes

If so can you ping the other device?

2 Likes

Thank you ha advice. I managed to organize everything, and the hosts can see each other.

1 Like

Use

batctl n

To see list of your neighbors

Then use

batctl tp other-node-macaddress

To test performance

1 Like

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.