Orange pi R1 plus support

Thank you for your support of this board; i tested it out and the problem is still there, there is PPP but no PPPOE

And DHCP CLIENT is not working out of the box, there is no internet

Just install luci-proto-ppp

Yeah, here are the available packages:

OP-R1_Plus:~# opkg list | grep luci-proto
luci-proto-3g - git-21.231.25157-5ff3ef7 - Support for 3G
luci-proto-autoip - git-22.353.52234-4fceb8f - Support for Avahi IPv4LL configuration
luci-proto-bonding - git-21.221.64043-3d2a2ec - Support for Link Aggregation (Channel Bonding)
luci-proto-gre - git-21.158.43143-b4c394f - Support for GRE tunnels (RFC2784)
luci-proto-hnet - git-21.148.48881-79947af - Support for hnet
luci-proto-ipip - git-22.019.83340-37253b5 - Support for IPIP tunnels (IPv4-in-IPv4 RFC2003)
luci-proto-ipv6 - git-21.148.48881-79947af - Support for DHCPv6/6in4/6to4/6rd/DS-Lite
luci-proto-modemmanager - git-21.231.25157-5ff3ef7 - Support for ModemManager
luci-proto-ncm - git-22.204.40786-69d981a - Support for NCM
luci-proto-nebula - 1.6.1-1 - Provides Web UI for Nebula protocol/interface.
luci-proto-openconnect - git-21.074.38504-171ef77 - Support for OpenConnect VPN
luci-proto-openfortivpn - git-20.240.06846-642f738 - Support for OpenFortivpn
luci-proto-ppp - git-21.158.38888-88b9d84 - Support for PPP/PPPoE/PPPoA/PPtP
luci-proto-pppossh - git-21.158.38888-88b9d84 - Support for pppossh
luci-proto-qmi - git-21.231.25157-5ff3ef7 - Support for QMI
luci-proto-relay - git-19.307.61018-284918b - Support for relayd pseudo bridges
luci-proto-sstp - git-21.088.74146-7d49508 - Support for SSTP
luci-proto-vpnc - git-21.074.38504-171ef77 - Support for VPNC VPN
luci-proto-vxlan - git-21.148.48881-79947af - Support for Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network (VXLAN, RFC7348)
luci-proto-wireguard - git-22.327.45657-14403fe - Support for WireGuard VPN
luci-proto-xfrm - git-22.019.52533-9b02d5b - Support for XFRM interfaces

My apologies, I do not have DSL or the like, and haven't in 20 years, so it's not a typical setup I have to do.

1 Like

Hi, I looked through the package list and found no luci-proto-PPP. When there is no internet in the ORP, how can I add and download it? I tried the DHCP Client Protocol, but there is no internet and no PPPoE option. With the Xulong firmware, the DHCP client, and the PPPoE, everything works perfectly. However, I'd like to use your version. How can I make this work?
Thanks you

Please recheck your firmware builded: opkg list-installed |grep luci-proto-ppp

You can temporary plug wan port router to another lan port of main modem/router and set it to dhcp client. Run: opkg update && opkg install luci-proto-ppp

Thank you for replying. The problem here is that when I switch the OpenWrt router to work as a DHCP client, nothing happens; there is no internet. It recognized that the cable was plugged in, but there is no internet.

I just re-compiled it with some additional pppoe components. Check my github link again. luci-proto-ppp was actually compiled with the last release I uploaded, so I'm not sure why you are having issues.

I also uploaded the .config file, and named it pppoe.config. You can click on it to see exactly what packages were compiled.

EDIT
I also compiled/uploaded a version scrictly for the LTS board, and named it appropriately.

1 Like

I see nothing wrong of Kgoerbig lastest build, try reflash, remember don't save config while flashing.
Let flash squashfs-sysupgrade image, don't using ext4 image because you cannot reset to default when anything is wrong.
@kgoerbig I see you just update ext4-sysupgrade image ? please update squashfs-sysupgrade image.

I just uploaded:

openwrt-rockchip-armv8-xunlong_orangepi-r1-plus-lts-squashfs-sysupgrade_pppoe.img.gz
openwrt-rockchip-armv8-xunlong_orangepi-r1-plus-squashfs-sysupgrade_pppoe.img.gz

2 Likes

everything works great now. Once Again, Thank you for Supporting this board

1 Like

i have a small problem when updating packages.
here is the output

Collected errors:
 * opkg_conf_parse_file: Duplicate src declaration (openwrt_luci https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.2/packages/aarch64_generic/luci). Skipping.
 * opkg_conf_parse_file: Duplicate src declaration (openwrt_packages https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.2/packages/aarch64_generic/packages). Skipping.
 * opkg_conf_parse_file: Duplicate src declaration (openwrt_routing https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.2/packages/aarch64_generic/routing). Skipping.
 * opkg_conf_parse_file: Duplicate src declaration (openwrt_telephony https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.2/packages/aarch64_generic/telephony). Skipping.

I just ordered a Orange Pi R1 Plus LTS to be using it with openwrt, but I didn't do enough research to find out on forehand openwrt is not officially supported.

I'm happy to have found this tread and that folks like @kgoerbig are helping others to have a decent experience.

I'm still a bit sorry I did not order a supported device like a Nanopi, but hope to be happy with your custom builds the coming years.... Many thnx!

1 Like

Keep in mind I do not have the LTS board. I have the R1 Plus, so I have no way of troubleshooting that board.

1 Like

@kgoerbig Hello, I'm new here, I heard that you can help regarding this, can you please help me with the problem here? Really appreciate it if you can

Hi, so today i looked into the problem

I make it stop by comment all the line in the /etc/opkg/customfeeds file. Hopefully this is the right approach.

1 Like

I've added another build on github with gpio mod's enabled. Not sure it will work with the OLED Driver you are trying to use since it's for a different board.

Thank you for your response

I've installed the image, but it seems like the WAN RX's isn't functioning now, so I can't access the internet through WAN

Is it possible that it's because of the GPIO addition?

Just uploaded a pppoe version with gpio modules. No guarantee that it'll work though:

openwrt-rockchip-armv8-xunlong_orangepi-r1-plus-ext4-sysupgrade_pppoe.img.gz

1 Like

hi, can you also create a version with GPIO for the LTS too, I would love to test it out? Also, your last version of the image works flawlessly now ^ ^